Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   SK   HU   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   NL   PL   SQ   IS   RU   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-EnglischSeite 16076 von 17580   <<  >>
Types of entries to display:     Linguistic help needed   Chat and other topics   Dictionary entries   Contribute!  

English-German Translation Forum

Hier kannst du Fragen zu Übersetzungen stellen (auf Deutsch oder Englisch) und anderen Benutzern weiterhelfen. Wichtig: Bitte gib den Kontext deiner Frage an!
Seite
|
#
| Suche | Richtlinien | Neue Frage stellen
Frage:
Can I say that in English? » antworten
von SonjaFido, 2016-01-02, 15:45  like dislike  Spam?  84.61.64....
Besides the event is close at hand.
Antwort: 
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=%22+the+event+is+close+at+hand%22  #829544
von goog1, 2016-01-02, 15:56  like dislike  Spam?  84.186.103....
Antwort: 
Besides, it won't work without a comma.  #829546
von EdBruckner (GB), 2016-01-02, 16:00  like dislike  Spam?  
It depends what you wish it to mean.  With a comma after 'Besides', there could be a list of reasons why something cannot be done, finishing with,
"Besides, the event is close at hand."   "Besides" meaning "also", or "in addition", and "close at hand" meaning "very soon".  This is the final argument why something can't be done: there just isn't time.
(This is only an example: it could be positive, the final reason why something should be done...etc.)

But I don't think you could use it without the comma, or to mean anything other than the above.

Ken
Antwort: 
Close at hand can also mean nearby.  #829555
von Lllama (GB/AT), 2016-01-02, 17:00  like dislike  Spam?  
http://dictionary.infoplease.com/close-at-hand

If that is what you want to say, then perhaps besides, it is nearby / isn't too/very far away.
Frage:
Beigesellt - and other queries » antworten
von EdBruckner (GB), Last modified: 2016-01-02, 16:21  like dislike  Spam?  
The discussion here is about a musical motive from an earlier movement in a string quartet reappearing in later movements.

Im dritten Satz wird es im Original einem vom Cello intonierten Motiv als dessen Ende beigesellt (Takte 129-133) und es erklingt zudem noch in seinem 2. Bestandteil im rhythmischen Original (Takte 178-180).

Here's my first effort at translation:

In the third movement it will be associated as the end of the motive originally intoned by the cello (bars 129-133) and moreover its second component part will additionally sound in its original rhythm (bars 178-180).

I'm not confident that it's making sense, that 'als dessen' refers to 'Motiv' rather than 'dritter Satz'; that "associated" is correct; and this is the only mention of "2. Bestandteil" so I wondered if it means something less...
» vollständigen Text anzeigen
Antwort: 
beigesellen (no "t" after the "s") - to put s.th together with s.th.  #829545
von anon., 2016-01-02, 15:59  like dislike  Spam?  77.10.121....
or:   s.th. is added to s.th. / one thing is accompanied by another thing
Chat:     
beigesellen  #829547
von EdBruckner (GB), 2016-01-02, 16:04  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, anon.  I just made a typo typing the Überschrift!
Ken
Antwort: 
von Ursinus (GB), 2016-01-03, 09:56  like dislike  Spam?  
It really needs a native speaker of German, but here are some suggestions:
(1) "wird" here is passive, not future.
(2) "im Original" means in its entirety, as opposed to "ein Teil desselben" in the preceding sentence.
(3) "dessen Ende" can't refer to "dritter Satz", because this bit is about bars 129-133 and the 3rd movement has at least 180 bars.
I don't have any suggestion for "im rhythmischen Original".
Chat:     
von EdBruckner (GB), Last modified: 2016-01-03, 13:40  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks Ursinus.  That's very helpful. But you're right: I think I'll have to pester some German or Austrian friends... and if I could find the score of Shostakovich's String Quartet No.9 (for that is what this refers to) it might help to see what is intended.
Chat:     
von Ursinus (GB), 2016-01-03, 15:35  like dislike  Spam?  
In case you haven't already found it, there's a PDF of the score here:
http://en.scorser.com/I/Sheet+music/300173565.html
Antwort: 
The Score!  #829626
von EdBruckner (GB), 2016-01-03, 15:40  like dislike  Spam?  
Goodness me! Thanks Ursinus - I had seen that but somehow assumed I had to pay for it.  Now, that may make things much more complicated!
Frage:
a three-axis variation of the rotary switch, three-axis variation information » antworten
von maricom (RU), 2016-01-02, 14:40  like dislike  Spam?  
Liebe Kollegen, eine grosse Bitte. Aus demselben chinesischen Patent:

An intelligent switch control system and an intelligent switch control system implementation method are applied to monitor a usage status of an equipment which has a rotary switch. The intelligent switch control system and the intelligent switch control system implementation method mainly detect a three-axis variation of the rotary switch.

Ein intelligentes Schaltersteuersystem und ein Verfahren zum Implementieren des intelligenten Schaltersteuersystems werden zum Überwachen des Verwendungsstatus eines Geräts, das einen Drehschalter hat, angewendet. Das intelligente Schaltersteuersystem und das Verfahren zum Implementieren des intelligenten Schaltersteuersystems detektieren hauptsächlich eine Dreiachsenvariation (???) des Drehschalters.

Was...
Antwort: 
Drehschalter mit dreidimensionaler Betätigung / Betätigungsmöglichkeit  #829539
von anon., 2016-01-02, 15:11  like dislike  Spam?  77.10.121....
oder: Drehschalter mit Betätigung in drei Dimensionen
Chat:     
von maricom (RU), 2016-01-02, 16:19  like dislike  Spam?  
Vielen Dank! Ich hätte es nie erraten...
Frage:
to marshal sth. - etw. bereitstellen » antworten
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2016-01-02, 13:46  like dislike  Spam?  
I found this translation in Langenscheidt:
http://de.langenscheidt.com/deutsch-englisch/bereitstellen
So I added it to the dict:
http://contribute.dict.cc/?action=edit&id=1313436
But I also added "resources" as well as "troops", as you can certainly marshal resources and this seemed an appropriate translation into German. Uffie has commented that she doesn't think it's correct because this definition of marshal: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/marshal says that marshalling means: Bring together and arrange in order. It then gives the example of "he marshalled his thoughts". I agree that if you marshal your thoughts you arrange them in order as well as bringing them together (or at any rate, you form them into a useful order), but for me that's not an essential prerequisite of marshalling...
Antwort: 
Schließe mich uffies Zweifeln an.  #829543
von rabend (DE/FR), 2016-01-02, 15:46  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), 2016-01-02, 16:23  like dislike  Spam?  
4; Windfall. The bereitstellen is too general IMHO. It doesn't convey the bring together either, it's just to provide.

I'm not au fait with German military terminology so I'm afraid I'm not able to come up with a suitable German term.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2016-01-02, 16:26  like dislike  Spam?  
I have to confess, I was more interested in it in a sentence where "provide" sounded rather odd and it was resources being bereitgestellt. Perhaps my translation wasn't ideal or perhaps it only works in a really small number of cases. i'll see if I can get Catesse to comment on what marshalling troops actually involves in English (I believe she knows a lot about military history).
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), 2016-01-02, 16:43  like dislike  Spam?  
sounds good to me :-)
Antwort: 
Truppen (zusammenziehen und) geordnet aufstellen / einsetzen  Not much of a technical term in military parlance.  #829553
von Proteus-, 2016-01-02, 16:51  like dislike  Spam?  178.191.28...
to marshal ~ 1 Assemble and arrange (a group of people, especially troops) in order: the general marshalled his troops http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/marshal
to marshal troops > Truppen zusammenziehen
http://en.pons.com/translate/english-german/Marshal

https://books.google.de/books?id=BkRKAAAAYAAJ&pg=PR3&lpg=PR...
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2016-01-02, 16:59  like dislike  Spam?  
This is the meaning I was assuming Langenscheidt was giving (which actually, on further investigation, appears to be a different meaning from "marshal the troops"):
3. marshal - make ready for action or use; "marshal resources"
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/marshal
Is there an appropriate word for that in German?
Antwort: 
Man behilft sich im DE auch mit   #829556
von rabend (DE/FR), Last modified: 2016-01-02, 18:21  like dislike  Spam?  
anordnen / aufstellen / in Aufstellung bringen (allgemein) / zusammenstellen.

Vgl. Kommentar im Eintrag
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2016-01-02, 18:08  like dislike  Spam?  
I've deleted the translation, as having looked at the "wrong for" entries, I can't work out how to apply this here (I remember we were using them to stop wrong entries in LEO from getting repeatedly re-entered in the dict, but I can't quite remember how). Hopefully this won't get repeatedly re-entered.
Thanks for the suggestions, rabend. I guess the "anordnen" entry already covers that.
Antwort: 
Ja, das ist wohl die beste Lösung.   #829561
von rabend (DE/FR), 2016-01-02, 18:23  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
Response to Windfall  #829587
von Catesse (AU), Last modified: 2016-01-03, 00:45  like dislike  Spam?  
"To marshal" has so many different usages that it is difficult to find an all-purpose translation.
The most common usages that I know refer to troops, thoughts and resources. The basic meaning covers a fair area, beginning with bringing together or assembling, going through arranging or putting in order, and proceeding to preparing for use or action.
In a railway marshalling yard, you attach each freight car to the engine that is proceeding to the destination of the car. (rangieren, Rangierbahnhof)
With thought, you select the ideas that occur to you and mentally put them in coherent form and sequence in order to decide on a course of action, or present to somebody you want to convince of something.
With troops, you assemble or mobilise them, equip them, parade them, give them their orders, and prepare...
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2016-01-03, 09:22  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, Catesse
Frage:
gypsom » antworten
von jumis (CH), 2016-01-02, 12:07  like dislike  Spam?  
is gypsom a recognized expression for Gips? AE or BE?
Antwort: 
von Jim46 (US), 2016-01-02, 12:47  like dislike  Spam?  
I don't recognize either word.   Gypsum?   Gyps?
Antwort: 
Gypsum (with a u not an o) is used in both BE and AE for the mineral -   #829508
von Lllama (GB/AT), 2016-01-02, 12:47  like dislike  Spam?  
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/american_english/gypsu...+  

But it's not used for the other meanings of Gips.

Gypsum board is used in AE for Gipskartonplatte (plasterboard in BE), and I think it might also be abbreviated to just gypsum.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/american_english/gypsu...
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gypsum
Chat:     
thanks  #829511
von jumis (CH), Last modified: 2016-01-02, 13:00  like dislike  Spam?  
I just wanted to make sure before I re-open gypsom quarry dict.cc: gypsom.

Ich wurde unsicher, da so reputierte User diesen Eintrag bestätigt haben...
Chat:     
Von 2 EN Muttersprachlern bestätigt. So etwas passiert also auch.   #829514
von rabend (DE/FR), 2016-01-02, 13:01  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
Gypsum  #829520
von Catesse (AU), 2016-01-02, 13:25  like dislike  Spam?  
There are 11 entries for gypsum quarry -dict. They come from China, India, Pakistan and Turkey, and most of them also use "gypsum" in the text.
Antwort: 
Catesse  #829524
von rabend (DE/FR), 2016-01-02, 13:41  like dislike  Spam?  
Bei den 11 exotischen Einträgen handelt es sich um gypsOm, nicht wahr.
Antwort: 
rabend  #829585
von Catesse (AU), 2016-01-03, 00:01  like dislike  Spam?  
Yes, of course. I think that my Spellchecker might have corrected "gypsom" automatically without my noticing.
Frage:
fire equipment » antworten
von maricom (RU), 2016-01-02, 11:48  like dislike  Spam?  
Aus einem chinesischen Patent:

According to the statistical result, the kitchen in the house is the place that the fire breaks out most often. The main reason is that usually at least one fire equipment is arranged in the kitchen. If the fire equipment is not used properly, the fire breaks out easily.

Laut Statistik ist Küche der Ort im Haus, wo ein Feuer am häufigsten ausbricht. Der Hauptgrund besteht darin, dass in der Küche gewöhnlich mindestens ein ? (Feuergerät?...?) untergebracht ist. Falls das ? nicht richtig benutzt wird, kann das Feuer leicht ausbrechen.

Ich bitte sehr um Hilfe: Wie kann man in diesem Fall "fire equipment" ins Deutsche übersetzen?

Vielen Dank im Voraus.
Antwort: 
Kochgerät?  #829496
von romy (CZ/GB), 2016-01-02, 12:00  like dislike  Spam?  
Laut Statistik ist die Küche der Ort im Haus, wo am häufigsten Feuer ausbricht. Der Hauptgrund besteht darin, dass in der Küche gewöhnlich mindestens ein Kochgerät untergebracht ist. Falls es nicht richtig benutzt wird, kann leicht Feuer ausbrechen.

HInweis: "Das Feuer" sagt man, wenn man ein konkretes Feuer meint. Das Feuer des Waldbrands vom 1. Januar hat unser Haus zerstört. Das Feuer in der Wohnung Nummer 5 im Haus Elisenstraße 13 wurde von einem Kochherd verursacht. Aber: Kochgeräte können ganz allgemein Brände verursachen bzw. Feuer ausbrechen lassen (ohne bestimmten Artikel).
Antwort: 
Feuerstelle  #829498
von Proteus-, 2016-01-02, 12:10  like dislike  Spam?  178.191.28...
fire equipment ist ganz missbräuchlich verwendet. Eigentlich heißt es Feurlöschgerät.
http://dict.leo.org/englisch-deutsch/fire%20equipment.html
Antwort: 
in der Küche befindet sich mindestens ein hitzeerzeugendes Gerät  #829501
von anon., 2016-01-02, 12:17  like dislike  Spam?  77.10.121....
Antwort: 
oder: Hitzequelle  #829503
von anon., 2016-01-02, 12:24  like dislike  Spam?  77.10.121....
Hitzequelle, hitzeerzeugendes Gerät sind für den Kontext hinreichend allgemein und umfassen z.B. Kochherd, Backofen, Grill, Toaster, Kaffeemaschine u.v.m.
Chat:     
Aus naheliegenden Gründen ist die Küche der Ort im Haus, ....  #829523
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2016-01-02, 13:47  like dislike  Spam?  
Allerdings wird damit der staunenswerten Erkenntnis, dass es in den meisten Küchen Hitzequellen gibt, nur andeutungsweise Rechnung getragen.
Antwort: 
von maricom (RU), 2016-01-02, 14:18  like dislike  Spam?  
Vielen Dank an alle! Ich wusste, dass "fire equipment" hier falsch verwendet wird, aber es ist eine übliche Sache mit diesen chinesischen Patenten, die zunächst ins Englische - oft inkorrekt - übersetzt werden, und dann ins Deutsche übersetzt werden sollen, so dass man oft nur raten kann, was der Autor sagen wollte...
Antwort: 
Wie wärs mit "Feuerstelle"?  #829621
von rabend (DE/FR), 2016-01-03, 15:03  like dislike  Spam?  
Frage:
penal notice » antworten
von romy (CZ/GB), 2016-01-02, 10:44  like dislike  Spam?  
Strafankündigung? Strafbarkeitswarnung? Strafhinweis? Dieser Begriff fehlt noch in unserem Wörterbuch.

Kontext: Es ist die Überschrift eines gerichtlichen Schriftstücks, die gleich im Anschluss so erklärt wird:
If you disobey this order you may be held to be in contempt of court and may be imprisoned, fined or have your assets seized. Any other person who knows of this order and docs anything which helps or permits the Respondent to breach the terms of this order may also be held to be in contempt of court and may be imprisoned, fined or have their assets seized.
Antwort: 
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=%22penal+notice%22+Straf*  #829489
von goog1, 2016-01-02, 11:16  like dislike  Spam?  84.186.103....
Antwort: 
Danke, goog1  #829492
von romy (CZ/GB), 2016-01-02, 11:34  like dislike  Spam?  
Dann nehme ich die "Strafandrohung", das passt am besten zum Kontext. Aber ganz einig scheinen sich die Experten nicht zu sein, also sehe ich lieber von einem Wörterbucheintrag ab. Vielleicht hat jemand anders die Zeit, den Begriff genauer zu recherchieren.
Antwort: 
Strafbewehrung / (einschlägige) Strafbestimmungen  #829510
von anon., 2016-01-02, 12:50  like dislike  Spam?  77.10.121....
das Wort "Strafbewehrung" bezieht sich auf bestimmte Vorschriften, also: strafbewehrte Vorschriften / Vorschrift mit Strafbewehrung
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), 2016-01-02, 13:03  like dislike  Spam?  
Die 'Strafbewehrung' ist ein Begriff aus der Rechtswissenschaft, der oft mit criminalization übersetzt wird. Die sogenannte penal notice ist eine Verfügung, mit der jemand direkt angesprochen wird.
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), 2016-01-02, 16:41  like dislike  Spam?  
Strafandrohung scheint nicht zu passen...http://wirtschaftslexikon.gabler.de/Definition/strafandrohung.html
Hier eine Erklärung zu Strafbefehl..
http://www.juraforum.de/lexikon/strafbefehl
http://www.rechtslexikon.net/d/strafbefehl/strafbefehl.htm

A penal notice ist lediglich ein Zusatz, brit. Recht... http://boards.fool.co.uk/there-is-no-significance-of-any-penal-noti...

Ich habe leider keinen Zugang zu meiner Fachliteratur, kann dir hier daher leider nicht weiterhelfen...
Antwort: 
OK, danke  #829588
von romy (CZ/GB), 2016-01-03, 00:44  like dislike  Spam?  
Dann ändere ich die Überschrift entsprechend MichaelKs Vorschlag ganz einfach in "Verfügung".
Frage:
ice-strengthened vessel » antworten
von romy (CZ/GB), 2016-01-02, 05:16  like dislike  Spam?  
Eine weitere dringende Pressemitteilung. Bedeutet der obige Ausdruck dasselbe wie "ice-breaker"? Obwohl manche Google-Quellen beide Begriffe verwenden (selbst als Überschrift: Icebreakers and Ice Strengthened Ships), konnte ich nirgends ein Unterscheidungsmerkmal entdecken. Kennt jemand von euch einen anderen Begriff als "Eisbrecher" für heutige Kreuzfahrtschiffe, die in die Antarktis fahren?
Antwort: 
Icebreaker  #829482
von Catesse (AU), Last modified: 2016-01-02, 05:56  like dislike  Spam?  
An "ice-breaker" has a bow that is reinforced and shaped to facilitate forcing a pathway through an ice-field.
An "ice-strengthened" ship has reinforcement along the length of the hull (at about the waterline) in order to withstand pressure and impact from the side. That is a quick and superficial explanation, and there can be a variety of reinforcement patterns; indeed a ship can be both. I do not know how to indicate this difference in German.
OK. Seems simple.
Eisbrecher: Wikipedia(DE): Eisbrecher
Eisverstärktes Schiff: Wikipedia(DE): Akademik_Shokalskiy
An icebreaker also needs a powerful engine, but that is probably more than you need to know.
Antwort: 
Eisverstärktes Schiff - super, vielen Dank, Catesse!  #829483
von romy (CZ/GB), 2016-01-02, 06:10  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
Das zum Schutz gegen Treibeis verstärkte Schiff ... #829493
von romy (CZ/GB), 2016-01-02, 11:43  like dislike  Spam?  
Meinem Korrekturleser hat die "eisverstärkte" Lösung leider nicht gefallen und er oder sie hat stattdessen "das besonders eisfirmierte Schiff" vorgeschlagen, was wiederum mir nicht gefallen hat. Ich hoffe, wir können uns auf die obige Alternative einigen. ;)
Antwort: 
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2016-01-02, 12:12  like dislike  Spam?  
Eisverstärkung ist der übliche Begriff in der Fachsprache. Wollte etwas über "besonders eisfirmiert" sagen, aber lasse es lieber.
Wikipedia(DE): Eisklasse
Antwort: 
Ein Eisbrecher hat den Zweck, für andere Schiffe eine Fahrrinne ins Eis zu brechen bzw. diese frei zu halten  #829504
von anon., 2016-01-02, 12:40  like dislike  Spam?  77.10.121....
Ein Kreuzfahrtschiff könntest du "eistauglich" nennen
Antwort: 
oder: Schiff mit erhöhter Eistauglichkeit / eistauglich verstärktes Schiff  #829506
von anon., 2016-01-02, 12:45  like dislike  Spam?  77.10.121....
Antwort: 
von MichaelK (US), 2016-01-02, 12:48  like dislike  Spam?  
Was spricht gegen eisverstärkt, also den Begriff, der von Fachleuten verwendet wird?
Chat:     
nichts, nur die Meinung von Romys Korrekturleser  #829513
von anon., 2016-01-02, 12:59  like dislike  Spam?  77.10.121....
Antwort: 
Firmieren, firmen  #829515
von Catesse (AU), Last modified: 2016-01-02, 13:14  like dislike  Spam?  
I think that your Korrekturleser needs to spend some time with a dictionary to learn the implications of "firmieren".
For example: http://en.bab.la/dictionary/german-english/firmieren
http://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/firmieren
I must confess that the first thing that came to my mind was "sich firmen lassen", but that is quite different.
http://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/firmen
There is not one single ghit for "eisfirmiert", and it would do your reputation no good to let your name be associated with such an error.
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2016-01-02, 13:29  like dislike  Spam?  
The Korrekturleser might be guided by the tradition of keeping technical language to a minimum when writing for a non-technical audience. Along with that goes the custom of obfuscating a technical term if there's a chance of the reader (a potential passenger on a cruise ship in this case) not understanding or misunderstanding it. Eisverstärkt could be misconstrued as "flimsy hull modified for arctic waters." So perhaps that's why an overly cautious editor of marketing texts would object to the technically correct word.
Chat:     
Difference  #829521
von Catesse (AU), 2016-01-02, 13:28  like dislike  Spam?  
There is a difference between using a "non-technical" term and using a "non-existent" word. Pig-headed sloppiness.
Antwort: 
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2016-01-02, 13:38  like dislike  Spam?  
4;Catesse: Absolutely. I was merely pointing out why the editor might have objected to eisverstärkt. His suggestion is, of course, nonsense. It also contains unintended humor, which is poison for ad copy.
Antwort: 
Danke, passt schon :)  #829529
von romy (CZ/GB), 2016-01-02, 14:09  like dislike  Spam?  
Da bin ich ja bestens gewappnet, falls der Korrekturleser gegen meine Korrektur seiner Korrektur protestieren sollte. :) Ich denke, mit meinem Vorschlag "Das zum Schutz gegen Treibeis verstärkte Schiff" können alle Leser leben.
Frage:
Text für Tätowierung » antworten
von Errortalk, 2016-01-01, 23:42  like dislike  Spam?  78.43.69....
Hi, ich habe vor mich den Monate tätowieren zu lassen und habe mir ein cooles Motiv mit einen Spruch auf Englisch dazu ausgedacht. Bin mir aber bei der Grammatik an einer Stelle unsicher. Der Spruch lautet auf Deutsch: "Weil das Schicksal wieder einen Sturm entfachen wird"

Ich habe in meiner jetzigen Version: "Because fate will again trigger a Storm" stehen. Eine Freundin meinte zu mir es müsste: "Because fate will trigger a Storm again" heißen.

Wäre super, wenn mir jemand helfen könnte. :)

Gruß: Errortalk
Antwort: 
von Jim46 (US), Last modified: 2016-01-02, 03:03  like dislike  Spam?  
Sometimes again placement can change the meaning of a sentence, but not in this case.
http://bottomlineenglish.com/the-placement-of-again

I think your sentence is more poetic than your friend's, and don't capitalize storm.
Even smarter is, don't get a tattoo.
Antwort: 
Capitals  #829476
von Catesse (AU), 2016-01-02, 04:16  like dislike  Spam?  
In tattoos, it is a matter of personal preference whether you capitalise nouns, but if you use a capital for "Storm" you should logically use one for "Fate". However, the phrase - it is not a sentence - does not make much sense to me on its own. Why "because"? What was the question?
Antwort: 
Der Text ist Quatsch.  #829478
von romy (CZ/GB), 2016-01-02, 04:57  like dislike  Spam?  
Ich stimme Catesse zu, dass der Satz keinen rechten Sinn ergibt oder, noch klarer gesagt, dümmlich ist. Ich stimme auch Jim46 zu, dass es smarter ist, sich seine Haut nicht kaputt machen zu lassen. Schon gar nicht mit so einem Quatsch. Das Schicksal entfacht keine Stürme. Stürme entstehen durch Hoch- und Tiefdruckbereiche in unserer Atmosphäre. Auch im übertragenen Sinne ist der Satz nicht plausibel. Meinst du emotionale "Stürme"? Die entfacht auch nicht das Schicksal, sondern deine eigene Gemütsauffassung. Wenn du Stressbewältigungsmethoden lernst und Joga oder Meditation praktizierst, kann das "Schicksal" machen, was es will, und du wirst in jeder Situation ruhig und gelassen bleiben. Vielleicht wird dir das erst in einigen Jahren klar (ich nehme an, du bist jetzt noch sehr jung) - und wie willst du dann eine solche Verschandelung deines Körpers wieder verschwinden lassen?
Antwort: 
von romy (CZ/GB), Last modified: 2016-01-02, 04:58  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
von Suxxx, 2016-01-02, 11:23  like dislike  Spam?  91.10.31....
In rechten Kreisen wird auch gern vom Schicksalssturm der Völker gefaselt ("Im Schicksalsturm der Völker wächst der Mann, der seinem Volk die Bresche bricht zum Licht." E.G. Kolbenheyer). Wenn es sich um eine solche rechte Parole handeln sollte, lass dir lieber "Pea brain" auf die Stirn tätowieren.
Antwort: 
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2016-01-02, 12:17  like dislike  Spam?  
Was ist denn dieses "coole Motiv?" Ohne das zu wissen, kann man mit dem Satz eh nichts anfangen.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2016-01-02, 13:54  like dislike  Spam?  
"Because fate will trigger a storm again" sounds a lot better to me than "Because fate will again trigger a storm". I don't think either "fate" or "storm" should be capitalised. As a native English speaker, I don't object to the phrase "Because fate will trigger a storm again", but it has no clear meaning for me and I can't see a clear link between that and a list of the months of the year.
Please bear in mind that most people on this forum don't approve of tattoos. Possibly they particularly worry about people getting tattoos in a language that isn't their native language, especially if it isn't the tattoo artist's native language either (a lot of native English speaking tattoo artists misspell words in tattoos, the probability is even higher with a non-native speaker).
Chat:     
from tomorrow's weather forecast:  #829526
von anon., 2016-01-02, 13:49  like dislike  Spam?  77.10.121....
" ... a severe gale will be triggered by fate over the Atlantic and will hit the mainland with fateforce 10"
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), 2016-01-02, 14:29  like dislike  Spam?  
Suxxx ;-)))
Chat:     
Wenn's bloß das private Schicksal ist, handelt es sich   #829559
von rabend (DE/FR), Last modified: 2016-01-02, 18:07  like dislike  Spam?  
dabei eher um einen

Google: "storm in a teacup"

Mit dieser Einschränkung fände ich den Satz als Tätowierung recht hübsch. Immerhin können auch solche Stürme ganz schön aufs Untertässlein überschwappen.
Antwort: 
another storm  #829570
von Dracs (DE), 2016-01-02, 20:16  like dislike  Spam?  
Frage:
Happy New Year to All » antworten
von valandk (IT/CA), 2016-01-01, 19:32  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
Danke, ebenso!  #829484
von Wenz (DE), 2016-01-02, 08:47  like dislike  Spam?  
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung