Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   SK   NL   HU   FI   LA   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   ES   IS   RU   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-EnglischSeite 16743 von 17596   <<  >>
Types of entries to display:     Linguistic help needed   Chat and other topics   Dictionary entries   Contribute!  

English-German Translation Forum

Hier kannst du Fragen zu Übersetzungen stellen (auf Deutsch oder Englisch) und anderen Benutzern weiterhelfen. Wichtig: Bitte gib den Kontext deiner Frage an!
Seite
|
#
| Suche | Richtlinien | Neue Frage stellen
Frage:
am ___see » antworten
von Squirrel-quattro (UN), 2017-06-06, 09:49  like dislike  Spam?  
How could one translate "am ___see", e.g. in the context: "die Stadt am ___see"? Is "at the ___see" correct? If the lake doesn't have an English name, would it be better to write "at the lake ___see"?
Antwort: 
von ddr (AT), Last modified: 2017-10-18, 15:02  like dislike  Spam?  
situated at lake Irgendwas gogglet jedenfalls,
Klagenfurt at lake Wörthersee gogglet auch:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/I-love-KLAGENFURT-AT-LAKE-WORTHERSEE-Cup-...
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2017-06-06, 10:21  like dislike  Spam?  
"situated on the shores of Lake..." googles well Google: situated on the shores of
"situated on Lake..."also googles well Google: situated on the shores of
Chat:     
Thanks!  #871854
von Squirrel-quattro (UN), 2017-06-07, 19:01  like dislike  Spam?  
Frage:
Sonnenobservatorium » antworten
von Squirrel-quattro (UN), 2017-06-06, 09:41  like dislike  Spam?  
Does anyone know the translation of "Sonnenobservatorium"? Maybe "sun observatory" or "solar observatory"?
Antwort: 
solar observatory  #871742
von Ivy (DE), Last modified: 2017-06-06, 10:08  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
Thanks!  #871853
von Squirrel-quattro (UN), 2017-06-07, 18:58  like dislike  Spam?  
Frage:
Loan maturity = Kreditlaufzeit? » antworten
von kvarforth (UN), Last modified: 2017-06-06, 08:32  like dislike  Spam?  
Hi, ist folgende Übersetzung korrekt?
Loan Maturity = Kreditlaufzeit = loan duration

Konkret geht es um die "durchschnittliche Kreditlaufzeit", was ich mit "average loan maturity" übersetzen würde. Hintergrund für meine Übersetzung (und wieso ich nicht "lent term" oder "credit period" verwende) ist folgende Seite https://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/e2/current/default.htm
Da gibt es eine Spalte mit "weighted average maturity", was meiner Meinung nach der gewichteten durchschnittlichen Kreditlaufzeit entspricht.

Danke für die Hilfe.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2017-06-06, 11:08  like dislike  Spam?  
Yes, I think that's probably OK. Maturity means when a loan matures (i.e. the date when the final repayment is due). Wikipedia(EN): Maturity_(finance)
But the Fed's website is clearly using this term to mean how long there is left until a loan matures.
"Lent term" sounds very odd in English. It sounds a little like you're referring to Fastenzeit (except that needs a capital L).
I think the Fed is technically talking about the loan term to maturity
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/termtomaturity.asp
Otherwise known as its residual maturity or remaining maturity, but as the Fed simply uses "maturity" for this, I assume it's OK.
I hadn't come across the term "credit period" before, so would avoid that unless someone else can confirm it as being in common usage, but "duration of the loan", "loan term", "term of the loan" etc. are all familiar to me. You could potentially use them.
German seems to use the word "Kredit" in places where English would more often use "loan" or "lending". English does use the word "credit", but its use seems more restricted or simply less common than in German.
Antwort: 
von kvarforth (UN), 2017-06-06, 11:34  like dislike  Spam?  
Thank you for your answer. The term "credit" is really not very common in the financial literature. The other translations (lent term, credit period) are also not something I have ever seen so I was a little bit confused.

The problem with "Loan maturity" can be found in the definition which can be found on the investopedia side. There is a potential conflict (at least for me) because on the one hand you can talk about the "remaining life of a debt" or "the time between the issue of the debt and its last payment". The last one is constant all the time where the last one is varies over the life time of the debt. So this is a little bit confusing for me.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-06-06, 11:54  like dislike  Spam?  
If you want to say the average period for which money is lent from disbursement to repayment, I think that would be "average loan duration". I'd avoid "maturity" for that just in case it is assumed to mean "residual maturity". Sometimes texts seem to just expect you to know from context what they mean by an ambiguous term (and German is just as bad as English here).
Antwort: 
von kvarforth (UN), 2017-06-06, 12:02  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks again for your answer. You are correct with your suggestion with "average loan duration". This is the expression I would like to use. The problem is that this expression is not used in general but instead "average maturity". But you may be right that my confusion is the result of the difference between "maturity" and "residual maturity".
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-06-06, 12:09  like dislike  Spam?  
If original English texts are using "maturity" for this, and you have a clear definition somewhere to back this up then use it. I can see how you could also interpret "maturity" to mean the duration from disbursement to scheduled final repayment (but I don't recall having seen it definitely mean that).
However, you should note that "average loan maturity" definitely refers to residual maturity in some cases, like here: http://finance.zacks.com/calculate-weighted-averages-loan-maturity-...
"Average loan duration" clearly does get used to refer to the total length of the loan: https://www.carloanpal.com/car-loan-blog/post/average-length-of-a-c...
Antwort: 
von kvarforth (UN), Last modified: 2017-06-06, 12:49  like dislike  Spam?  
Thank you again. I'm feeling that I'm wasting your time with my useless skepticism. If we look at your second link (https://www.carloanpal.com/car-loan-blog/post/average-length-of-a-c...) this is called the average loan duration and if I check the data with the original fred-side (https://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/g19/20110607/g19.pdf) one can see that they are using "maturity (months) for the average loan duration. Again sry for the (seemingly) useless skepticism...

Maybe another piece of information. I looked at the manual of the data gathering process and there it it stated that the data are about the "loans made in the week of the survey" so it's all about new loans (now some economics talk). It we only look at new loans it is obvious that we are not concerned about ongoing loans which have been made ten years ago.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-06-06, 12:36  like dislike  Spam?  
4;kvarforth, no worries. I'm glad it's important to you to get the right term :)
Antwort: 
von kvarforth (UN), 2017-06-06, 12:50  like dislike  Spam?  
I edited my post above your post. And thank you.
Antwort: 
von kvarforth (UN), 2017-06-06, 13:01  like dislike  Spam?  
ok, I found the "definition" of the term maturity date in the manual:
"Maturity date. Enter either the date in
YYYY/MM/DD format of maturity or the date of
the final repayment of the loan amount. Enter the
year, month, and day on which the loan matures.
For loans made under a revolving loan facility or
other types of commitments, enter the maturity
date of the takedown disbursed on the date
reported in column 1. Do not report the date of
termination of the commitment.
For renewals, enter the maturity date of the
renewal made on the date reported in column 1,
not the maturity date of the original loan.
If a revolving credit is converted to a term loan
during the survey week, enter the maturity date of
the new term loan."
Maybe this solves the issue
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-06-06, 16:00  like dislike  Spam?  
If it's that week's loans, then residual maturity is almost the same as total duration. If there's a manual telling you what to use, use that.
Frage:
My attempt at translating "my hair is being dyed" » antworten
von axiom​, 2017-06-06, 00:41  like dislike  Spam?  70.209.147....
Hello,

My attempt to translate "my hair is being dyed" is "mir wird die Haare gefärbt." Does my translation make sense and is it grammatically correct?

I largely based my attempt on the following translation here on dict.cc for "to dye one's hair":
dict.cc: sich die Haare färben

Thank you in advance.
Antwort: 
Ich lasse mir gerade die Haare färben.  #871724
von Proofreader, 2017-06-06, 01:11  like dislike  Spam?  80.108.140....
or, alternatively, *Mir werden gerade die Haare gefärbt"
Chat:     
So is "mir wird" not correct?  #871727
von axiom​, 2017-06-06, 01:53  like dislike  Spam?  70.209.147....
Antwort: 
No  #871728
von Jim46 (US), 2017-06-06, 02:13  like dislike  Spam?  
die Haare is plural and needs werden.
Antwort: 
von asf, 2017-06-06, 08:12  like dislike  Spam?  87.78.237....
Some hair-splitting here:

Haar denotes a singular hair. Haare is plural. Haar can also denote the whole entity of hair.

Therefore, one could say: Peter hatte graues Haar. Er hat sich die Haare färben lassen. Jetzt hat er blondes Haar.

Er lässt sich das Haar färben is possible too. Personally, I would prefer plural here, maybe because the process of dyeing is very concrete and not abstract.
Antwort: 
von Sasso', 2017-06-06, 10:50  like dislike  Spam?  193.187.3...
It's a matter of style. Nowadays, "das Haar" (singular) is limited to adspeak and poetical language.
Antwort: 
von Sasso', 2017-06-06, 10:59  like dislike  Spam?  193.187.3...
... when referring to the head of hair.
Chat:     
Or:  #871768
von callixte (US), 2017-06-06, 13:59  like dislike  Spam?  
My hair is being dyed. > Ich lasse mir gerade die Haare färben. (as Proofreader suggests).  But ...

"my hair is being dyed" is a fragment, and without more context a translation is iffy.

So, for example: "Please call me on Monday when my hair is being dyed." needs a different solution. > Ruf mich bitte Montag an,  während mein Haar gefärbt wird.
Chat:     
Ok, thank you for clarifying!  #871779
von axiom​, 2017-06-06, 16:20  like dislike  Spam?  70.209.13...
I didn't understand that die Haare is the subject and therefore conjugates werden in my translation.
Chat:     
von axiom​, 2017-06-06, 16:21  like dislike  Spam?  70.209.13...
*should conjugate
Frage:
Einlaufvorgang oder Einlaufprozess des Motors » antworten
von Nicole Fueller, 2017-06-06, 00:38  like dislike  Spam?  23.120.118...
I found "running-in" process but it sounds so "translated" . Does this sound good to Americans?

It is about filling in gas in a brandnew engine.
Antwort: 
von Jim46 (US), 2017-06-06, 01:18  like dislike  Spam?  
We used to say "breaking in" a new engine.  I don't think it is so necessary anymore.
Google: breaking in a new engine
Antwort: 
von Nicole Fueller, 2017-06-06, 03:35  like dislike  Spam?  23.120.118...
Interesting, Jim. Thanks!
Chat:     
Shoes  #871731
von Jim46 (US), Last modified: 2017-06-06, 04:12  like dislike  Spam?  
We also "break in" a new pair of shoes.  So they are not so stiff, and conform to feet better.
Antwort: 
von Dwight (US), Last modified: 2017-06-06, 05:47  like dislike  Spam?  
Wikipedia(EN): Break-in_(mechanical_run-in)
Rider manual for my BMW motorcycle describes procedure for "running in" the engine when new, so I've been saying that too.
Frage:
Carrying over case into next clause  » antworten
von Bob2131646731, 2017-06-05, 20:42  like dislike  Spam?  92.6.181....
In Deutschland, einem Land

But does it work in genetive?

Wegen des Verrats Freds, ihres alten Liebhabers?
Antwort: 
Perfectlly good and lucid German  #871720
von Proteus-, 2017-06-05, 23:44  like dislike  Spam?  178.191.24....
Antwort: 
von Proofreader, 2017-06-06, 01:19  like dislike  Spam?  80.108.140....
The double genitive "wegen des Verrats Freds" does not work here.

You could say "wegen Freds Verrats", but then you can't add "ihres alten Liebhabers" (her aged lover), because Fred would no longer be the reference term for Liebhaber. Depending on whether her lover is the one who betrays or the one who is betrayed you would have to say:

wegen des Verrats durch Fred, ihren alten Liebhaber,
wegen des Verrats an Fred, ihrem alten Liebhaber,
Antwort: 
von ddr (AT), 2017-06-06, 10:23  like dislike  Spam?  
wegen Freds, ihres alten Liebhabers, Verrat ?
Natürlich "schriftdeutsch".
Chat:     
von Sasso', 2017-06-06, 10:54  like dislike  Spam?  193.187.3...
4;ddr: Klingt nach Schiller oder Goethe, und das Komma vor Verrat müsste wegfallen
Chat:     
Ist es nicht äußerst pedantisch, ja sauertöpfisch, den doppelten Genitiv schön brav vor Grammatikpaukern kuschend zu verdammen?  #871751
von Proteus-, 2017-06-06, 11:15  like dislike  Spam?  194.118.23....
Antwort: 
von asf, 2017-06-06, 13:30  like dislike  Spam?  87.78.237....
wegen des Verrats ihres alten Liebhabers Fred

siehe http://www.canoo.net/services/OnlineGrammar/Satz/Satzgliedbau/Nomen... (unter Apposition = Personenname)

Wobei Fred hier die Apposition zum alten Liebhaber ist und nicht umgekehrt wie im Original. Aber so erscheint es mir am lesbarsten.
Chat:     
von ddr (AT), 2017-06-06, 13:43  like dislike  Spam?  
Sasso, mit dem Komma hast du sicher recht, ich hatte leider keine Deutschlehrer, die auf Kommasetzung wert legten, aber zwischen Schiller und Goethe und dem heutigen saloppen Sprachgebrauch gibts/gabs ja noch so einiges.:))
Antwort: 
zur anfänglichen Frage. "Carrying over case into next clause" - Apposition (mit Artikelwort)  #871771
von hausamsee (DE), Last modified: 2017-06-06, 14:45  like dislike  Spam?  
Hierauf - und nicht auf einen "doppelten Genitiv" - bezog sich doch die Frage, oder nicht? Duden - Richtiges und gutes Deutsch, 6. Aufl. Mannheim 2007 ("Wegen des Verrats Freds, ihres alten Liebhabers" ist sehr gut und richtig)

Folgt die nachgetragene Apposition mit Artikelwort, dann steht sie im gleichen Kasus wie der Bezugsausdruck:
  Das Wirken dieses Mannes, eines [mutigen] Vorkämpfers (nicht: ein [mutiger] Vorkämpfer) für die Meinungsfreiheit; nach Meinung des Parteivorsitzenden, des Bundesaußenministers Schulze, wurde ... Man ernannte eine Frau zur Richterin am Supreme Court, einem (nicht: ein) Hort amerikanischer Männlichkeit.

4; asf: BTW: Fred als Apposition zu Liebhaber liest sich in der Tat besser als umgekehrt. Die Betonung wechselt dann jedoch von Fred zu Verrat. (Würde ich mir noch einmal...
» vollständigen Text anzeigen
Chat:     
Danke für den Sukkurs, hausamsee  #871786
von Proteus-, 2017-06-06, 20:16  like dislike  Spam?  194.118.23....
Chat:     
Sukkurs?  #871792
von logger (US), 2017-06-06, 21:01  like dislike  Spam?  
I am trying to follow the discussion, aber Sukkurs steht nicht in dict.cc.
Antwort: 
http://woerterbuchnetz.de/DWB/?sigle=DWB&mode=Vernetzung&le...  #871794
von Proteus-, 2017-06-06, 21:12  like dislike  Spam?  194.118.23....
Antwort: 
Sukkurs > support https://en.langenscheidt.com/german-english/sukkurs  #871795
von Proteus-, 2017-06-06, 21:17  like dislike  Spam?  194.118.23....
Sukkurs, m., 'hilfe, verstärkung, entsatz', lat. succursus, seit dem 17. jh.; meist militärisch, in mannigfachen wendungen succurs bekommen, erhalten, erhoffen, bereiten, wirken; jemandem succurs geben, jemandem zum succurs kommen ...

man sagt mir heute früh,
in Deutschland gäbs ein corps von braven, jungen leuten,
die für Amerika succurs und geld bereiten
Göthe 9, 44 W.;
http://woerterbuchnetz.de/DWB/?sigle=DWB&mode=Vernetzung&le...
Frage:
what does cue mean in a political context? » antworten
von Kjiamälüön, 2017-06-05, 17:24  like dislike  Spam?  134.61.98....
Can sb. give me an explanation or another word for "cue" (in german would be a plus :) )
The context i got it from is a political one, e.g. like the following:"Voters tend to follow cues from party leaders and political pundits."
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-06-05, 21:05  like dislike  Spam?  
It means "signal for action" here.
A signal for action.
‘any conversational lull was my cue for asking a question’
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/us/cue
Antwort: 
von Kjiamälüön, 2017-06-05, 21:09  like dislike  Spam?  88.153.7...
Is it understood as a prompt (e.g. president xy asked his adherents to ...) or more like an event/action that led one to do a certain action (e.g. president xy acted as described and as I look up to him, I chose to do equally)?
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-06-05, 21:58  like dislike  Spam?  
I am finding this strangely hard to put in other words or to find an appropriate definition for. I think part of the problem is that it's quite a vague phrase. I think this covers it quite well:
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/take-your-cue...
to behave in the same way as someone else, because you think that is the right thing to do
We should all take our cue from Elena and refuse to do this.
Although it doesn't necessarily mean act the same way, it could just mean base your actions on what you have seen other people saying or doing (being influenced by their actions in some way)
Antwort: 
von Kjiamälüön, 2017-06-05, 22:35  like dislike  Spam?  88.153.7...
Thank you!
Antwort: 
Sehr allgemein (und dem Billard nicht ganz fremd) ließe sich sagen, die Wähler folgen gern den Anstößen von Parteiführern und Politexperten  #871721
von Proteus-, 2017-06-05, 23:52  like dislike  Spam?  178.191.24....
Frage:
Sicherungskonto » antworten
von Windfall (GB), 2017-06-05, 13:01  like dislike  Spam?  
This is mentioned in the context of Verpfändung and/or Besicherung. I've had difficulty finding a definition for it. Does anyone know if it's the same as a cash collateral account?
Bank account that serves to secure and service a loan. While cash and check deposits are made into this account, it is considered essentially a zero-balance account and no sums may be withdrawn.
http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/cash-collateral-accoun...
Chat:     
AFAIK, it is "securities account".  #871692
von nigilmaadhust (UN), 2017-06-05, 14:52  like dislike  Spam?  
but in SAP we call so. I am not sure, if this is what you look for
http://sapdict.de/modeldetails/2000/user/1

SAP definition:

A unit used for position management and valuation. A securities account is required for all financial transactions that require position management.  Typically, a securities account in the SAP System relates to an actual securities account at a bank.
Thanks!
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-06-05, 15:00  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, nigilmaadhurst. I'm not sure if "securities account" has two possible meanings or if Sicherungskonto does, but the usual meaning I know for "securities account" is a custody account where you hold securities, i.e. a Depot. This appears not to be the case with this account, which gives every appearance of being a normal bank account holding cash, but one which is being used for collateral. I
Chat:     
https://books.google.co.jp/books?id=RHohBAAAQBAJ&pg=PA2669&...  #871700
von alex-k (DE), 2017-06-05, 15:09  like dislike  Spam?  
According to this legalese monster, the Sicherungskonto's gains are used towards paying off the debt or obligation. That would unfortunately eliminate the cash collateral account as per your quoted definition as a translation. I don't have a better one though and I'm sorry.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-06-05, 15:23  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, Alex. I am increasingly sure that the "Sicherung" in the name of the account refers to "collateral". The nuisance is that "cash collateral accounts" seem to be specifically for collateral for loans, which this is not. I think I might be OK with "pledged collateral account" though https://www.nordpoolspot.com/globalassets/download-center/rules-and...
This notice constitutes notice to you that, pursuant to a “Pledged Collateral Account
Agreement” entered into between us and the Chargee (the “Pledged Collateral Account
Agreement”) we have pledged and assigned to the Chargee by way of a charge our rights,
title and interest in and to all money from time to time standing to the credit of the Bank
Account, together with all...
» vollständigen Text anzeigen
Antwort: 
von alex-k (DE), 2017-06-05, 15:35  like dislike  Spam?  
I think you're right. Both that people pull translations in this context out of their behinds and about this new term you've found. Who can study and remember this stuff in 2 languages and at least as many legal systems?

It's definitely collateral. It might be an escrow account though.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-06-05, 15:42  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks for all your help, alex-k. It's been enormously useful.
Antwort: 
? cash collateral account  #871719
von Proteus-, 2017-06-05, 23:39  like dislike  Spam?  178.191.24....
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=define:collateral+account

cash collateral account

Bank account that serves to secure and service a loan. While cash and check deposits are made into this account, it is considered essentially a zero-balance account and no sums may be withdrawn.

Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/cash-collateral-accoun...
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-06-06, 09:35  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, Proteus, that was what I started by thinking, but it does seem to be spefiically linked with servicing loans and not with use as any other sort of collateral. That was why I switched to just "collateral account".
Frage:
Wer kann helfen? » antworten
von Miroslaw, 2017-06-05, 12:30  like dislike  Spam?  87.149.89....
Hat jemand einen pfiffige Übersetzung ins Deutsche für den folgenden Text?

I did always try, in all my aspects, to hew to elevation; to dispense therewith, into myself, those higher virtues of which, rendered without, one verily may sag, and, dwelling there in one's misfortune, what avails.
Chat:     
??  #871688
von Catesse (AU), 2017-06-05, 13:44  like dislike  Spam?  
It is not possible to translate incomprehensible English into sensible German. Where did this come from?
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2017-06-05, 14:33  like dislike  Spam?  
I think this probably means:
I did always try, in all aspects of my character, to take the high road and thereby to pour into myself/give to myself/cause myself to have those higher virtues, without which a person might truly sag/deflate, and lingering there in one's misfortune ????
The "what avails" is completely beyond me.
4;Catesse, Miroslaw's recent questions come from a novel written in extremely non-standard language. "Lincoln in the Bardo" by George Saunders.
Chat:     
von hausamsee (DE), 2017-06-05, 15:00  like dislike  Spam?  
according to this blog it is someone speaking

"who doesn’t know how to talk without inflating each and every word".

https://andrewfindlaywrites.wordpress.com/2017/02/18/george-saunder...

Es ist also wohl eine Parodie auf die Sprechweise von jemandem, der nicht anders kann, als geschraubt zu sprechen. - Und daran offenbar hoffnungslos scheitert. Es ist eine besondere Art höheren Schwachsinns. Die sich ergebenden Fehlleistungen müssten in der Übersetzung Entsprechungen finden ... Nur schwer möglich.
Antwort: 
What avails.  #871702
von Catesse (AU), Last modified: 2017-06-05, 15:20  like dislike  Spam?  
Maybe: what's the use?
Antwort: 
Catesse  #871706
von Miroslaw, 2017-06-05, 16:42  like dislike  Spam?  87.149.89....
You won't believe it, Catesse: It's the same origin: Lincoln in the Bardo by the US-author George Saunders. A book that depicts a realm somewhere outside of the world (the Bardo). Honestly saying somewhat 'incomprehensible' (as you clearly state). Still, it puts me into a rather uncomfortable situation as a translator to comprehend, what the writer actually intends to say.
If it comes to translating an american  text (out of the context I know) that you can hardly understand as an Australian or British or even American you can certainly conceive, how difficult it is to offer a translation to Germans that fits 100 percent.
Maybe you see light at the end of the tunnel.
Antwort: 
hausamsee  #871707
von Miroslaw, 2017-06-05, 16:45  like dislike  Spam?  87.149.89....
So ähnlich habe ich es auch verstanden. Ein Mann, der in einem Zwischenreich lebt und geschraubt redend daherkommt in einer absolut komplizierten Sprache, die seine Zuhörer - die auch in dem Buch vorkommen - nicht nachvollziehen können und ihn bitten, doch halbwegs normal zu sprechen.
Chat:     
Miroslaw  #871729
von Catesse (AU), 2017-06-06, 03:33  like dislike  Spam?  
My sympathies.
Antwort: 
Ok, jetzt mal geschraubt auf Deutsch  #871746
von adadadada, 2017-06-06, 10:32  like dislike  Spam?  92.230.139....
Ich versuchte stets, mit jeder Faser meines Seins, das Höchste zu erreichen, um damit mich selbst mit jenen höheren Tugenden zu erfüllen, die ohne jegliche Huldigung ihrerselbst dazu führen, dass man wahrlich versackt, und allenthalben in seinem eigenen Unglück dessen harrt, was einem zu Nutzen kommen mag.  

Hihihi...
Antwort: 
adadadada  #871775
von Miroslaw, 2017-06-06, 15:50  like dislike  Spam?  87.149.89....
Im Ernst, Ihre Übersetzung ist gar nicht so schlecht. Aber selbst im Deutschen würde ich den Text nicht wirklich verstehen. Klingt genau so unverständlich und  geschraubt (inflated) wie das Englisch des Autors. Vielleicht war es vom Autor auch so beabsichtigt.

Leider hat das Buch noch andere Schoten dieser Art, ähnlich formuliert. Mal sehen, wie ich da rauskomme.
Dennoch: Herzlichen Dank.
Frage:
Normenkontrollgericht » antworten
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2017-06-05, 10:52  like dislike  Spam?  
dict.cc: Normenkontrolle
Based on the above dict.cc entry, is this a "judicial review court"?
My text says it's to do with Section 47 (5) sentence 2 VwGO
Kommt das Oberverwaltungsgericht zu der Überzeugung, daß die Rechtsvorschrift ungültig ist, so erklärt es sie für unwirksam; in diesem Fall ist die Entscheidung allgemein verbindlich und die Entscheidungsformel vom Antragsgegner ebenso zu veröffentlichen wie die Rechtsvorschrift bekanntzumachen wäre. Für die Wirkung der Entscheidung gilt § 183 entsprechend.
Should the Higher Administrative Court come to the conclusion that the legal provision is invalid, it shall declare it to be null and void; in this case, the ruling shall be generally binding, and the respondent shall be required to publish the ruling in exactly the same manner as the legal provision would be required to be made public. Section 183 shall apply mutatis mutandis in respect of the effect of the decision.
Chat:     
von alex-k (DE), 2017-06-05, 14:40  like dislike  Spam?  
Is there a judicial review court in the UK? The ghits point to the German Oberverwaltungsgericht, which seems to be tasked with this (I'm no lawyer). In the verdict, they use the term Normenkontrollgericht in judicial review cases but it would appear the same judges do other stuff as well. So it isn't an institution like a Supreme Court. Maybe that's why there aren't and established translations for it.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-06-05, 14:42  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, alex-k. I've never heard of one (then again, my knowledge of courts in the UK is somewhat limited). Making this even tougher is that if there's a difference between the UK term and the US term, I need the US term for this translation.
Antwort: 
If no legal experts chime in:  #871694
von alex-k (DE), Last modified: 2017-06-05, 15:00  like dislike  Spam?  
((The Senate of) the Higher Administrative) Court tasked with this judicial review case. Strip away as you deem appropriate.

I would not just call it judicial review court because I only saw Normenkontrollgericht in verdicts by OVerwG. This may be a legalese quirk that they call themselves judicial review courts only when they do some judicial reviewing.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-06-05, 15:03  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, alex-k. I think I'll go with "the court tasked with judicial review", as that seems the safest and presumably includes a similar amount of information to the German.
Chat:     
von alex-k (DE), 2017-06-05, 15:12  like dislike  Spam?  
May this solution withstand the toughest linguistic or legalese reviews;)
Antwort: 
In the German system, the Higher Administrative Court may also act as a judicial review court  #871718
von Proteus-, 2017-06-05, 23:16  like dislike  Spam?  178.191.24....
Cf. Encyclopedia of Democratic Thought p. 383 (where relevant differences between the legal systems in Germany, the UK and the USA are spelt out to some extent)
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=qry16UDq83EC&pg=PA383&l...
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-06-06, 09:33  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, Proteus,
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung