Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   IT   RO   FR   PT   HU   NL   LA   SK   ES   BG   HR   FI   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IT   DA   CS   PT   HR   FI   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-EnglischSeite 17169 von 17223   <<  >>
Types of entries to display:     Linguistic help needed   Chat and other topics   Dictionary entries   Contribute!  

English-German Translation Forum

Hier kannst du Fragen zu Übersetzungen stellen (auf Deutsch oder Englisch) und anderen Benutzern weiterhelfen. Wichtig: Bitte gib den Kontext deiner Frage an!
Seite
|
#
| Suche | Richtlinien | Neue Frage stellen
Frage:
Werbescores » antworten
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-03, 15:21  Spam?  
The text below isn't my text, but my text is just a list of types of data, so I hope the example I've given below is the relevant meaning. Does this mean "advertising scores", "recruitment scores" or something else?
Audience Distribution ist ein datengetriebener Ansatz, der es erlaubt CRM-Daten und individuelle Werbescores mit Informationen zur individuellen Online-Nutzung zu verschmelzen. Wir kooperieren mit großen Online-Diensten und bekommen Informationen zum Nutzer (z.B. Alter, Geschlecht, Email). Diese Informationen reichern wir mit Offline-Daten, wie z.B. Markenpräferenzen oder Einstellungsmerkmalen, weiter an.
Antwort: 
"Werbescores" are "Profile zur werblichen Ansprache" (whatever this means) in modern marketing lingo.  #896402
von parker11 (DE), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 15:33  Spam?  
Maybe this one helps a bit:
https://www.heise.de/ix/meldung/EU-Datenschutz-Grundverordnung-Kurz...

EDIT: Ah, I just noticed, it's DE--->EN. Sorry, no idea.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 15:54  Spam?  
Thanks, Parker. I'm currently thinking it's probably "advertising scores" and that it possibly in some way relates to this: Wikipedia(EN): NRS_social_grade
If anyone has any more information I'd love to hear it, as there are a lot of translations about data protection about at the moment, so I probably won't be the only one to need to translate it and this might also not be the last time I need to translate it.
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 17:46  Spam?  
Because the context is data protection, my guess is the overarching term 'consumer scores.'  At the link, a critical assessment of consumer scoring in the U.S. If you look at  'PART III. THE CONSUMER SCORES' in the index (page 3), you'll see a mind-boggling number of different types of such scores.

It's possible that 'consumer scores' is an exclusive U.S. term. Nevertheless, it might lead you to the answer of your question. Note that 'score' generally means a single number assigned to an individual, like the traditional credit score.

There are so-called 'marketing scores.' But these rate a company's advertising effectiveness, not a consumers willingness, ability and inclination to purchase specific goods and services.

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/public_comments/2014/08/...
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-03, 17:06  Spam?  
Thanks, Michael. It might be. I just don't know what "Profile zur werblichen Ansprache" means! I'll ask the client and see if they can shed any light.
Antwort: 
To me "Profile zur werblichen Ansprache" means:  #896413
von parker11 (DE), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 17:17  Spam?  
age, interests, gender, place of residence of a person (plus whatever Daten they could collect of this poor guy) in order to place and deliver advertisement of certain products etc. to this person.

But what do I know what marketing gurus mean ;-)
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 17:44  Spam?  
Profile zur werblichen Ansprache could fit the term 'consumer scores.' See parker's 17:17 comment.

A personal example: I'm 75 years old and am now getting nicely-worded letters from funeral homes. My death expectancy score must be sky-high.
Antwort: 
As I see it...  #896416
von dhk (DE), 2018-09-03, 17:32  Spam?  
these scores can be used to gauge any criterion, like political inclinations or beliefs as well as, psychometric variables (e.g. extraversion vs. introversion, self-confidence etc.) based on your target group definition.
However, if the goal is to sell any goods or services, scores regarding the socioeconomic status is one that invariably will be part of the mix.
But of course, if you want to sell, say, toys then either age or the probility that you have kids would be of equal importance.
Antwort: 
Eine der einfachsten Erklärungen dürfte Amazon liefern:  #896417
von parker11 (DE), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 17:44  Spam?  
Wenn ich bei Amazon ein Buch von Grisham gekauft habe oder auch nur nach Grisham gesucht habe, erhalte ich ab sofort regelmäßig Grisham-Infos über seine Neu-Veröffentlichungen und denen ähnlicher Autoren.

Das ist natürlich ein sehr primitives Beispiel. Die komplexeren Profile werden viel raffinierter zusammengestellt.
Chat:     
Eine Vorstellung...  #896418
von dhk (DE), 2018-09-03, 17:52  Spam?  
...der komplexeren Profile gibt etwa diese Seite mit Fallstudien: https://www.tru-signal.com/case-studies/
Die Termini "lookalike" und "act-alike", die diese Firma verwendet, illustrieren recht gut, dass hier sehr differenzierte Metriken verwendet werden, die über bloßes sozioökonomisches Profiling weit hinaus gehen.
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), 2018-09-03, 18:32  Spam?  
4;dhk: Holy crap, 'converts' and 'conversions'? Sounds like some deranged leader of a religious cult figuring out who to rope into his flock next. Sachen gibt's,.....
Chat:     
Agree...  #896426
von dhk (DE), 2018-09-03, 19:07  Spam?  
...marketing lingo is arguably among the worst ways to abuse a language.
In the German language it's even worse, as you'll find an inpalatable mix of (typically bad) German and English expressions.
To use Windfall's example:
- Audience Distribution ermöglicht es Ihnen, Online-Werbung so hausgenau wie Offline-Kampagnen zu planen. Dafür verknüpfen wir datenschutzkonform digitale Touchpoints mit bestehenden Offline-Daten.
- Sie erhöhen die Click-Through-Rate (CTR) bei affinen Neukunden und steigern die Performance Ihrer Kampagnen spürbar im Vergleich zum herkömmlichen Targeting.
- Weil Sie Ihr Cross-Channel-Marketing überschneidungsfrei aussteuern.

Creepy.
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), 2018-09-03, 20:15  Spam?  
Erbärmlich, dhk.
Antwort: 
Thanks, everyone!  #896451
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-04, 09:42  Spam?  
I think I'm going to go with "advertising scores" because based on the definition of "consumer score" I cited above (https://www.bisnodegroup.com/about-bisnode/what-we-do/our-approach-...  "Bisnode's Consumer Score is a model for assessing the creditworthiness of private consumers using historical data to predict future events. We assess the risk of an individual being reported to the authorities for non-payment of debt."), consumer score can be interpreted to have too much focus on creditworthiness and not enough on advertising.
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-04, 11:28  Spam?  
Windfall, consider that Bisnode only deals with credit. So naturally, their consumer score is about credit. But to therefore conclude that the term 'consumer score' generally focuses on creditworthiness is, in my view, not entirely logical.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-04, 11:31  Spam?  
4;Michael, I see your point and have understood that you consider "consumer scores" a good translation option. However, based on the link I provided I have in fact concluded that this is a possible interpretation of the term and that to write "consumer scores" in a list of data types may lead to false assumptions (especially if the text is for a financial institution).
Antwort: 
Consumer score  #896461
von dhk (DE), 2018-09-04, 11:45  Spam?  
The downside of "consumer score" is that it kind of excludes the not entirely uncommon cases of "business-to-business" marketing (marketing lingo: B2B marketing). While you still target individuals, you would do so on the basis of scores of the institution/company they represent. These wouldn't appropriately covered by "consumer score"
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-04, 11:56  Spam?  
Well yes Windfall, I tend to forget that you often post surrogate texts. My fault, since at the very beginning, you clearly stated that the text is not your text. For me, it's always difficult to make judgments not having the actual text. Scary stuff, all this corporate snooping, ain't it?

4;dhk: Good comment--didn't think of business-to-business.
Chat:     
Corporate snooping  #896463
von dhk (DE), 2018-09-04, 12:05  Spam?  
Scary, indeed.
But then again, the other day I needed to find an individual in the US based solely on its and its family members' names. I found a website that gives you a lengthy report of data including economic status, criminal offenses and whether this person lives near a sex offender (names and pictures of the offender given as a courtesy).
Having re-read 1984 recently I felt like "This Orwell guy had NO IDEA...!"
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-04, 12:53  Spam?  
I get a junk email every so often letting me know that the sex offender xxxx is renting or has bought a house my neighborhood. Of course, the emailer wants money for more details and a subscription to his service. You're right, Orwell either restrained himself or was incapable of imagining today's lunacies.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-04, 12:53  Spam?  
4;Michael, sorry about that. I'm so bound by non-disclosure agreements (for entirely understandable reasons) that I can usually only post something similar to my text and not the text itself.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-04, 12:54  Spam?  
4;dhk, thank you, that helps
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), 2018-09-04, 12:54  Spam?  
Windfall, I understand completely.
Frage:
Sind Einträge der folgenden Art sinnvoll? » antworten
von BHM (DE), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 12:42  Spam?  
https://contribute.dict.cc/?action=show-history&id=1398842

Mir scheint es vernünftiger, schon vorhandene Präpositionen zu ergänzen. Behält man den präpositionalen Eintrag bei, ergibt sich eine Doppelung.
Antwort: 
Bin Deiner Meinung.  #896398
von parker11 (DE), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 15:13  Spam?  
Wenn Einträge (nicht nur Präpositionen) bereits vorhanden sind, sollte man die bereits vorliegenden Einträge ggflls. mit Klammererklärungen ergänzen und den Neu-Eintrag löschen. Machen wir eigentlich immer so.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-03, 15:19  Spam?  
For me it's useful to have a signal of which case a preposition is used with, but I agree that this seems to be repeating an entry already in the dict, so perhaps modification of an existing entry would have been better. Do we have a rule on how to show which case a German preposition should be used with?
Antwort: 
von ddr (AT), 2018-09-03, 15:35  Spam?  
Da es fast unmöglich ist, die Übersetzungen für 'laut' in diesem Sinn zu finden, kann ein Doppel hier auch nicht schaden.
Im Ernst, nur die [ ] heben die entsprechenden Einträge heraus und helfen, sie  einigermaßen schnell zu finden.
Antwort: 
Windfall 15:19: Yes, we do: "preposition" [+Gen.] or [+Dat.] etc.  #896404
von parker11 (DE), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 15:36  Spam?  
Antwort: 
ddr: Stimmt. Aber genau die ergänzten [ ] im ersten vorhandenen Eintrag bewirken ja die schnellere Findung.  #896406
von parker11 (DE), 2018-09-03, 15:40  Spam?  
Ist exakt das, was BHM vorschlägt und anfragt.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-03, 15:58  Spam?  
Thanks, parker. That sounds familiar and is a nice, neat solution. I'm all in favour of having [+Dat.] on the existing entry, and I see it's already there along with a note that it can sometimes be used with the genitive. That surely makes this second entry a repetition and therefore in need of deletion.
Chat:     
von ddr (AT), 2018-09-03, 16:06  Spam?  
Danke, Parker und sorry, BHM, bin heute ein bisschen langsam im Kapieren.
Antwort: 
Stimme parker zu; allerdings ...  #896420
von tomaquinaten (US/DE), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 23:23  Spam?  
im konkreten Fall finde ich den Originaleintrag [ #1398842 ] nicht sehr hilfreich für Englischsprecher mit nur mäßigen Deutschkenntnisse, und ddr mit Recht argumentiert, dass es sehr schwer ist -- von DE aus -- eine Übersetzung  für "laut" in diesem Sinne zu finden u.a. ist es nicht unmittelbafr klar, dass in beiden Sprachen die Präposition sowohl mit Personen wie auch mit Sachen verwendet wird. Deswegen, sollte den Neueintrag [ https://contribute.dict.cc/?action=edit&id=1398842 ] als Duplikat gelöscht werden soll,  empfehle ich eine Disambiguierung des Originaleintrags  [ https://contribute.dict.cc/?action=edit&id=1398842 ] durch  Klammer-Ergänzungen auf beiden Seite, etwa
      EN:    according to <acc. to> [as stated or attested by sb./sth,]  
      DE     laut <lt.> [+Dat., auch +Gen. [nach Angaben von jdm/etw.]
           Mein Vorschlag beruht auf MW und Duden.
Antwort: 
tomaquinaten: Der vorhandene Eintrag würde ja nach der Veränderung folgendermaßen aussehen:  #896432
von BHM (DE), 2018-09-03, 21:22  Spam?  
laut <lt.> jdm./etw. / jds./etw. [adv]
Antwort: 
BHM und parker: Was ist mit Disambiguierung?  #896433
von tomaquinaten (US/DE), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 23:22  Spam?  
In EN haben wir hier in Dict.cc 14 Einträge für "according to", aber in den EN Wörterbüchern, z.B. Merriam-Webster's  Learner's  [http://learnersdictionary.com/definition/according%20to ] werden 3 sehr unterschiedlichen Bedeutungen aufgelistet. die jeweils eigene Übersetzungen erfordern.
       In DE sind hier im Dict.cc unter den etwa 20 nicht näher disambiguierten  Einträgen die für die Präposition im Gegensatz zum Adjektiv nur an der blauen Kasusangabe zu erkennen und sie verteilen sich unübersichtlich in der Ergebnisliste unter den sonstigen und meist häufigeren  Einträgen für des Adjektiv.
       Das macht  das Auffinden auf beiden Seiten schwierig. Deswegen habe ich die Disambiguierung auf beiden Seiten empfohlen.
Antwort: 
tomaquinaten: Haben wir doch immer so gemacht, ...  #896434
von BHM (DE), 2018-09-03, 23:26  Spam?  
z. B. bei Verben hatten die englischen sb. und sth. jeweils Entsprechendes auf der deutschen Seite.

Oder habe ich dich falsch verstanden?
Antwort: 
BHM; Mir geht es vor allem um eine Disambiguierung der drei sehr unterschiedlichen Bedeutungen der EN Präposition,  #896435
von tomaquinaten (US/DE), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 23:43  Spam?  
die jeweils höchst unterschiedlichen Übersetungen in DE erfordern; darunter die Präposition "laut". Aber auch auf der DE Seite wäre es auch hilffreich, in der Ergebnisliste für "laut"  die Einträge für die Präposition durch eine gleichlautende Disambiguierung zu bündeln und von den Adjektiveinträgen deutlicher abzusetzen.
Antwort: 
Ich bin schuldig aber...  #896436
von polarjud (US), 2018-09-04, 01:19  Spam?  
I think it is ridiculous, that one cannot easily check new translation requests for duplication before one tries to satisfy the request.  I and ddr (and maybe others) have been telling Paul that he needs to use the same template for submission of proposed answers to new translation requests as to any other submission.
Antwort: 
I agree with polarjud's above remark    #896436]  #896438
von tomaquinaten (US/DE), 2018-09-04, 04:19  Spam?  
Any algorithm that facilitates duplication control is a most welcome tool.
Frage:
consulting/advice » antworten
von Hanah23, 2018-09-03, 11:40  Spam?  46.18.62...
Can one "receive" consulting?
Normally I'd just use "advice", but the client is insisting that I use "consulting".

Ausgangssatz:
Würden Sie sich zukünftig Beratung von XY wünschen?

My translation:
Would you like advice from XY in the future?

How can I formulate this question with consulting?
Chat:     
it's different ....  #896384
von sunfunlili (DE/GB), 2018-09-03, 12:22  Spam?  
http://www.roberttomasko.com/Consult.advisors.html

Would you consider / try consulting?
Antwort: 
One can consult a consultant for advice  #896388
von Zuchi1, 2018-09-03, 13:19  Spam?  62.216.202....
Would you like to consult XY ....
Antwort: 
von anonymusicus, 2018-09-03, 13:37  Spam?  70.161.250...
I think the focus is on using XY again.  Would you consider XY for your future consulting needs? would be appropriate if the question is indeed about a repeat performance.
Antwort: 
von anonymusicus, 2018-09-03, 13:46  Spam?  70.161.250...
Actually, my suggestion would work even if it's not about a repeat engagement.  With ...consider XY again..  the question would be about customer satisfaction and a possible repeat engagement.
Frage:
Widerspruchslösung » antworten
von Mike6677 (GB), 2018-09-03, 10:35  Spam?  
This word is currently in the German news (Sept. 2018), regarding organ donation.
I suggest it means: "opt out solution" (i.e. before one dies).
Any further suggestions would be appreciated.
Antwort: 
opt-out donor  #896379
von Zuchi1, 2018-09-03, 10:53  Spam?  62.216.202....
opt-out donor
donation opt out
objection to donate
Antwort: 
von Zuchi1, 2018-09-03, 10:59  Spam?  62.216.202....
Not really a solution.  Debated schemes are:
(1) No presumed consent unless someone expressly opt to donate; OR
(2) Blanket presumption of willingness to donate, unless a person expressly opts out.
Antwort: 
von anonymusicus, 2018-09-03, 12:31  Spam?  70.161.250...
The term  "dissent solution" has been used for some years now.
Google: "dissent solution"
Antwort: 
opt-out scheme / dissent scheme  #896387
von Zuchi1, 2018-09-03, 13:15  Spam?  62.216.202....
opt-out scheme / dissent scheme are possible alternatives.  A damn nuisance for someone who is unwilling to donate, having to register their objection.  For them hardly a solution.
Chat:     
von anonymusicus, 2018-09-03, 13:26  Spam?  70.161.250...
Like it or not, "dissent solution" has been used quite a bit in English-language texts about organ donor issues in Germany. It is well-understood by the readers of those texts. Because it's a literal translation, it also explains the German word choice. In my view, there's no real need to re-invent the wheel.
Antwort: 
von Zuchi1, 2018-09-03, 13:35  Spam?  62.216.202....
Chat:     
von anonymusicus, 2018-09-03, 13:40  Spam?  70.161.250...
4;Zuchi1: Yes, different countries have different names for such a scheme. I was under the impression that the query was only about the debate in Germany.
Chat:     
von Zuchi1, 2018-09-03, 13:57  Spam?  62.216.202....
Wheels are improved on all the time, from the wood frame in a cart to rubber inner tube and rubber outer surface, to suspension, different modes of propelling ….  ie wheels are not static.   Bad analogy to a bad concocted phrase.
Chat:     
von anonymusicus, 2018-09-03, 14:11  Spam?  70.161.250...
LOL, a bit of a contrarian, eh? "To re-invent the wheel" is a widely-known figurative set phrase meaning "making efforts to come up with something that already exists and works well." Well, maybe it's not all that widely known after all...
Chat:     
Widerspruchslösung  #896483
von Mike6677 (GB), 2018-09-04, 15:08  Spam?  
Many thanks for all your answers.
Mike
Frage:
- sign » antworten
von dalibo (BA), 2018-09-03, 09:50  Spam?  
I was wondering what is the most usual way to pronounce - (dash) sign when you for example want to pronounce email address or website ... I was looking, but i see a couple of expressions exist so i don't really know which one is mostly used.
Antwort: 
Usually hyphen, in my experience.  #896401
von Lllama (GB/AT), 2018-09-03, 15:31  Spam?  
But other words may also be common.
Antwort: 
von goog1, 2018-09-03, 15:39  Spam?  87.183.236...
Antwort: 
Google: "how to say an email address in english"  #896407
von goog1, 2018-09-03, 15:42  Spam?  87.183.236...
Antwort: 
von Ursinus (GB), 2018-09-03, 17:27  Spam?  
On the Web, both "dash" and "hyphen" are common. Strictly speaking the character is a hyphen (ASCII code 2D hex). In professional printing, the em-dash and en-dash are different characters from the hyphen.
Antwort: 
Google: em dash and en dash difference  #896429
von goog1, 2018-09-03, 19:28  Spam?  87.183.236...
Frage:
Malan » antworten
von Deseret (SI), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 09:31  Spam?  
Was bedeutet Malan? Es geht mutmaßlich um einen Dialektausdruck.
Antwort: 
Please see the guidelines! [context]  #896372
von bommi (DE), 2018-09-03, 09:39  Spam?  
Bitte Kontext angeben! Ohne Zusammenhang sind keine sinnvollen Übersetzungen möglich.
- - - - - - -
Please provide more information! Without context it's not possible to offer useful translations.
Chat:     
von Deseret (SI), 2018-09-03, 09:45  Spam?  
Sagschneider Malan ist der Name einer Volksmusikgruppe.
Antwort: 
Wikipedia(EN): Malan  #896374
von goog1, 2018-09-03, 09:48  Spam?  87.183.236...
Antwort: 
https://www.gde-badfuessing.de/index.php?id=75&tx_ttnews%5Btt_n...  #896394
von goog1, 2018-09-03, 13:54  Spam?  87.183.236...
Aber wie „Sagschneider Malan“ zu ihrem Namen kamen, diese drei feschen Maderln, die auch noch Schwestern sind, (Vroni, Annett und Hannal Schambeck), war gar nicht so leicht herauszubekommen. „Malan“, die Betonung liegt auf dem ersten a, könnte man auch mit „Schöne, weiblichen Geschlechts“ übersetzen, vielleicht entstanden aus dem heimatlichen Dialekt der Lenggrieser Gegend.
Chat:     
von Deseret (SI), 2018-09-03, 14:17  Spam?  
Danke
Frage:
wooden pilings » antworten
von newcallas (DE), 2018-09-03, 08:40  Spam?  
Hallo!
Hier zu sehen: Google
(Ich hoffe, der Link funktioniert.)
Das ist ein Pier, der auf Holzpfählen ruht. Gibt es in diesem maritimen Zusammenhang eine besondere Bezeichnung im Deutsche für wooden pilings oder sind das einfach Holzpfähle?
Chat:     
von sunfunlili (DE/GB), 2018-09-03, 10:23  Spam?  
Antwort: 
von newcallas (DE), 2018-09-05, 13:46  Spam?  
Danke!
Frage:
Ist  diese Satz grammatikalisch richtig? » antworten
von Dani95, 2018-09-02, 21:54  Spam?  91.14.14....
Da ich ab 01.10.2018 nach Berlin umziehen werde, möchten wir, dass der Antrag ab Oktober auf meinen Vater als Antragsteller läuft.
Antwort: 
von parker11 (DE), 2018-09-03, 06:27  Spam?  
Da ich a*m* / zum 01.10.2018 nach Berlin umziehen werde, möchten wir, dass der Antrag ab Oktober auf meinen Vater als Antragsteller läuft.

oder

Da ich ab 01.10.2018 in Berlin wohnen werde, möchten wir, dass der Antrag ab Oktober auf meinen Vater als Antragsteller läuft.
Frage:
keep running (on)? » antworten
von lisi999, 2018-09-02, 16:38  Spam?  91.115.41....
Hi! Is it possible (and grammatically correct of course) to say "sb/ sth keeps running on" if I want to express the seemingly endless continuation of an action?
So far I've only heard "keep running" and "to run on" as two separate phrases but how about "keep running on" to really emphasize the supposed endlessness?
Thanks in advance! :)
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-04, 03:52  Spam?  
I've heard "keeps running on" in the U.S. South many times. The "on" usually indicates that the speaker wants something to stop running, but is unable to do so. For example, if someone tries to turn a gasoline engine off in an automobile but can't do so, they would say "I turned the ignition key to off, but that damn engine keeps running on!" (Nachdieseln).
Google: "keeps running on" dieseling

The expression (sometimes with 'on and on') is also used when encountering someone who keeps on talking even though everyone wishes he would just shut up. Google: "mouth keeps running on"

There's...
» vollständigen Text anzeigen
Frage:
abzuschließen » antworten
von Sarah23, 2018-09-02, 14:08  Spam?  178.203.235....
Can anybody explain what "abzuschließen" means in the following sentence?
Does it mean "isolate"?

Spezifikation der Ein- und Ausgangssignale
Das Eingangssignal ist gegen Karosserie-Masse mit folgenden elektrischen Werten abzuschließen:
C <= 10µF
R = 390Ohm
Ansteuerstrom typ 10,0 mA (siehe Prinzipschaltbild).
Einschaltpunkt 5,5mA ± 0,5mA
Antwort: 
to terminate (with an RC element)  #896349
von RedRufus (DE), Last modified: 2018-09-02, 14:59  Spam?  
to connect by means of a resistance and a capacitor (here: to earth / ground)
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2018 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten