Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   IT   RO   FR   PT   HU   NL   LA   SK   ES   HR   BG   FI   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EL   SR   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IT   DA   CS   PT   HR   FI   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-EnglischSeite 17174 von 17184   <<  >>
Types of entries to display:     Linguistic help needed   Chat and other topics   Dictionary entries   Contribute!  

English-German Translation Forum

Hier kannst du Fragen zu Übersetzungen stellen (auf Deutsch oder Englisch) und anderen Benutzern weiterhelfen. Wichtig: Bitte gib den Kontext deiner Frage an!
Seite
|
#
| Suche | Richtlinien | Neue Frage stellen
Frage:
polly » antworten
von Deseret (SI), Last modified: 2018-09-10, 10:35  Spam?  
‘His feelings?’ repeated Steerforth disdainfully. ‘His feelings will soon get the better of it, I’ll be bound. His feelings are not like yours, Miss Traddles. As to his situation—which was a precious one, wasn’t it?—do you suppose I am not going to write home, and take care that he gets some money? Polly?’

Polly is a female name, was he in this way trying to ridicule him? Or is there a different explanation for the word polly?
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), 2018-09-10, 12:24  Spam?  
It may be just getting a name wrong or making up a name. David Copperfield is full of people getting names wrong, inventing names and changing names.
Antwort: 
Polly: This one? \ Wikipedia(EN): Polly  #896800
von Proteus-, 2018-09-10, 23:16  Spam?  194.118.55....
Mr Copperfield's sister (p. 45), mentioned once more in the last paragraph, p. 46:

Charles Dickens: David Copperfield / Great Expectations
By Nicolas Tredell
https://books.google.at/books?id=USwdBQAAQBAJ&pg=PA46&lpg=P...
Antwort: 
von MichaelK (US), 2018-09-11, 02:34  Spam?  
Deseret, you were right. Steerforth belittles Traddles by calling him "Miss Traddles" and "Polly." See page 74:
https://books.google.com/books?id=hTvHAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA74&lpg=...
Chat:     
von Deseret (SI), 2018-09-11, 08:19  Spam?  
thx
Frage:
SIR (Indien) » antworten
von romy (CZ/GB), 2018-09-10, 09:24  Spam?  
Weiß jemand vielleicht, wofür dieses Akronym steht? Es kommt in einem Text über indische Smart Cities vor und steht jeweils unmittelbar hinter dem Stadtnamen. Beispiele:
Dholera SIR & Airport India’s largest greenfield development of over 900 sq. km aligned with principles of Smart City. Mandal Becharaji SIR Home to some of the world’s largest automobile & auto component companies.
Antwort: 
Ich habe es schon gefunden!  #896757
von romy (CZ/GB), Last modified: 2018-09-10, 09:31  Spam?  
Special Investment Region - Ich übersetze es als Sonderinvestitionsregion. Leider hat diese deutsche Übersetzung ebenso wie Sonderinvestmentregion allerdings Null Google-Treffer; daher lasse ich meine Frage hier weiterhin stehen. Vielleicht kennt ja jemand die deutsche Entsprechung!
Chat:     
in Chennai and Tamilnadu people call it "Sonderinvestitionszone" (SIZ) - Special Investment Zone  #896759
von nigilmaadhust (UN), 2018-09-10, 09:57  Spam?  
Antwort: 
Danke dir, nigilmaadhust!  #896760
von romy (CZ/GB), 2018-09-10, 10:04  Spam?  
Frage:
if you come to that » antworten
von Deseret (SI), Last modified: 2018-09-10, 10:16  Spam?  
‘He is right, sir, without correction,’ returned Mr. Mell, in the midst of a dead silence; ‘what he has said is true (namely that he lives in poverty).’
‘Be so good then as declare publicly, will you,’ said Mr. Creakle, putting his head on one side, and rolling his eyes round the school, ‘whether it ever came to my knowledge until this moment?’
‘I believe not directly,’ he returned.
‘Why, you know not,’ said Mr. Creakle. ‘Don’t you, man?’
‘I apprehend you never supposed my worldly circumstances to be very good,’ replied the assistant. ‘You know what my position is, and always has been, here.’
‘I apprehend, if you come to that,’ said Mr. Creakle, with his veins swelling again bigger than ever, ‘that you’ve been in a wrong position altogether, and mistook this for a charity school. Mr. Mell, we’ll part, if you please. The sooner the better.’

if you come to that: "if you bring that up, if you make mention of that" or "if you get such an idea, if you come to concieving such an idea" or something else?
Frage:
https://contribute.dict.cc/?action=show-history&id=1399033 » antworten
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2018-09-09, 18:28  Spam?  
I just want to check that "ausführlich" is a comprehensible disambiguation of abschließend in the sentence "diese Liste ist nicht abschließend", which can be translated as "this list is not exhsustive". I had originally disambiguated "abscließend" with "erschöpfend" because you can also say "diese Liste ist nicht erschöpfend" to mean the same thing. If I read "diese Liste ist nicht ausführlich" my first thought would be either it meant it wasn't final, as in it might be altered later, which isn't what exhaustive means in contracts where the lawyers specify a list is not exhaustive. Alternatively, I worry it might be taken to mean that the list is not detailed. Can a native German speaker or two please add their opinion here so I can see if I'm worrying for nothing and have misunderstood how ausführlich should...
» vollständigen Text anzeigen
Antwort: 
Meiner Meinung nach nicht  #896743
von Gerhard- (DE), 2018-09-09, 19:16  Spam?  
auch eine ausführliche Liste muss nicht abschließend/erschöpfend/vollständig sein, weil es dann doch zu viel würde, oder weil gar nicht alles bekannt ist, was auf die Liste müsste, oder weil nicht klar ist, ob die Liste abschließend ist oder nicht (gleich das erste Beispiel bei Linguee "Dient unter der
Annahme, dass diese Aufzählung nicht abschließend ist, ...").
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-10, 02:57  Spam?  
A set disclaimer is Die Liste erhebt keinen Anspruch auf Vollständigkeit, which, I believe, is what you're looking for (literally, "the list raises no claims as to its completeness").

I believe ausführlich refers only to a degree of detail, and abschließend refers only to placement in a text or statement. I think these words can't (or at least shouldn't) be used to state that something is complete or not within itself, like your list.

Google: "die liste erhebt keinen Anspruch auf vollständigkeit"
Chat:     
von Gerhard- (DE), 2018-09-09, 20:49  Spam?  
es kann z.B. juristisch durchaus von Bedeutung sein, ob eine Liste oder Aufzählung als abschließend angesehen wird oder nicht. Auch wenn das im Text nicht erwähnt wird, z.B. die Liste der Diskriminierungsgründe im Grundgesetz Art. 3 (3) oder in Artikel 14 der Europäischen Menschenrechtskonvention.
Antwort: 
exhaustive > abschließend / erschöpfend / vollständig / (A) taxativ; ausführlich > detailed, in great detail, getting full coverage etc.  #896747
von Proteus-, 2018-09-09, 21:52  Spam?  62.47.204...
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-10, 02:58  Spam?  
4;Gerhard: You're right, an abschließende Aufzählung can neither be expanded nor interpreted to apply to similarities. The nicht abschließend then would indicate that the list or its purview could be expanded.

My impression was that Windfall just needed a disclaimer for a more or less mundane list. I didn't think about more weighty matters, but should have.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2018-09-10, 09:23  Spam?  
Thanks, everyone.
It sounds like "ausführlich" was an inappropriate disambiguation, but my original disambiguation (erschöpfend) was adequate. Does the English need disambiguation? I had "[e.g. This list is not exhaustive]" as a disambiguation because I wanted to orient people on lists and I wasn't sure if "abschließend" would work in other instances of exhaustive, such as "an exhaustive search".

4;Michael, I found a variant of "Diese Liste ist nicht abschließend" in a German legal text I needed to translate into English. I wasn't trying to translate "this list is not exhaustive" into German. It's possible that German lawyers have now seen so much translated English that this way of expressing it was originally translatorese, but has now spread to texts originally written in German. For me, the key point is that this phrase appears in German texts and translators need to know how to translate it.
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-10, 11:56  Spam?  
4;Windfall: As Gerhard pointed out, abschließend in the context of an enumeration is standard legal German. It has a specific and clear meaning in German law. First paragraph, first  sentence at the link:
Wikipedia(DE): Enumerationsprinzip
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-10, 12:11  Spam?  
4;Michael, I'm sorry, I don't understand the point you're making. Are you saying that the Proz entry is wrong and "not exhaustive" doesn't work for "nicht abschließend" (in which case the entry abschließend/exhaustive probably needs deleting and I need a suggestion for how I should translate it)? Or are you saying that "ausführlich" was a better disambiguation after all or that the disambiguation needs to be something else entirely? Or are you saying the entry needs careful disambiguation to show that this translation only works from German to English and not the other way round?
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-10, 13:38  Spam?  
No. no, all I'm saying is that the German legal abschließend in the context of a list has a clear and unmistakable meaning. I do not know what the exact legal equivalents are in the U.S. or the UK, or even if there are any.

I made my more recent comments in response to Gerhard pointing out that a part of my 02:57 comment is in error. In that comment, I claimed that abschließend can only refer to placement, which is not true. I don't really know what a 'disambiguation' is and don't want to get into that sort of thing.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-10, 13:49  Spam?  
4;Michael, a "disambiguation" just means those terms we put in square brackets after a word to explain that it has one particular meaning, but not all possible meanings of that word, e.g. squalls [loud cries] Schreie {pl}
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-10, 14:01  Spam?  
Thanks, Windfall. Anything having to do with "Contribute" makes me very nervous. It's too complicated for me, and the internet battles over an entry or a deletion can be ferocious. I need to stay out of these discussions marked DICT.
Chat:     
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-10, 14:08  Spam?  
4;Michael, yes, I know what you mean, it all gets very heated. Part of me wondered if I should just have left it and not even started this discussion and part of me wonders if it's going to be worth my while trying to get it changed, especially as I don't think we've come out with an entirely definite answer here and only the disambiguation is (probably) wrong.
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-10, 14:22  Spam?  
Same here: I'm asking myself often 'why did I get into this?' Probably because I'm retired and need to fill out one quiet morning hour with something German. I refuse to watch the U.S. news and no longer get a newspaper.
Chat:     
von timfefe (AU/AT), Last modified: 2018-09-10, 23:34  Spam?  
4;Windfall
The disambiguation "[ausführlich]" in the entry
exhaustive {adv} = abschließend [ausführlich]
is obviously wrong. See Proteus' clarification-post from yesterday 21:52.
Something could be provided in great detail (i.e. ausführlich) and still not be exhaustive.
However, this mistake is only in the disambiguaion so I'm not sure it's worth worrying about. Same applies to the marking "{adv}" next to "exhaustive".
Antwort: 
von aphoenix (US), Last modified: 2018-09-11, 17:14  Spam?  
Per Duden, er­schöp­fend means "sehr ausführlich".   https://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/erschoepfend  (I am assuming that you do not mean that the list is "ermüdend," (tiring), which makes little sense.)  Exhaustive does not mean "tiring" but rather "complete" -- "including all possibilities".
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exhaustive  If I understand the discussion correctly, you are saying that exhaustive refers to breadth and ausfuehrlich refers to depth?  In that case,either the entry or the disambiguation or both are incorrect.  Since "abschliessend" is not defined in the Duden, I cannot say which with any certainty.  If the entry or disambiguation is incorrect, I hope that someone will correct it, but please do not tell me that "sehr ausfuehrlich" is correct and "ausfuehrlich", which, per Duden means "in allen Einzelheiten", so "sehr" is redundant, is wrong.   https://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/ausfuehrlich
Chat:     
von aphoenix (US), 2018-09-11, 00:37  Spam?  
In fact, I'll reopen it myself since "exhaustive" is not an adverb but rather an adjective.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-11, 09:16  Spam?  
4;timfefe, I too think that it is wrong, but it seems that aphoenix (who changed the disambiguation in the first place to ausführlich) is not to be persuaded.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2018-09-11, 12:19  Spam?  
4;timfefe Btw, ignoring the adj/adv issue (sorry, I hit the wrong button and didn't notice), did you look back at the original entry in the history and see why this pair was actually entered and how it was originally disambiguated? What's your preferred translation of "Diese Liste ist nicht abschließend" in a legal context such as a contract?
Antwort: 
von timfefe (AU/AT), 2018-09-11, 15:30  Spam?  
4;Windfall
Yes, I can see that your original disambiguation "[erschöpfend]" was changed to "[ausführlich]".

There are two many issues with this entry - please see my comment in the entry's history page. IMO this entry is not in the interest of dict.cc's users and I'd recommend deletion.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-11, 15:43  Spam?  
Thanks, timfefe. How do you propose making an entry to help dict users trying to look up the meaning of "abschließend" in "Diese Liste ist nicht abschließend"? What should they understand from this thread? Currently, I understand that quite a lot of people translate "Diese Liste ist nicht abschließend" as "This list is not exhaustive", but quite a few people object to that translation, but do not have an alternative suggestion. I too have been translating "Diese Liste ist nicht abschließend" as "This list is not exhaustive" and if this is wrong I would really like to know so I can change my translation of it in future.
Chat:     
von timfefe (AU/AT), 2018-09-11, 19:48  Spam?  
Duden defines "abschließend" as "letzt..., zum Schluss". This has nothing to do with exhaustiveness.
https://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/abschlieszend

You're asking what "Diese Liste ist nicht abschließend" means in English. I think it depends on the context, as is often the case. It's possible that what's meant is something along the lines of:
This list does not conclude the matter or discussion at hand, the list itself or what it describes is not in its final form, there may be changes, additions and/or deletions to come. This, IMO, is a separate matter from exhaustivness.
Chat:     
Another possibility:  #896839
von timfefe (AU/AT), Last modified: 2018-09-11, 20:14  Spam?  
It's also possible that somebody has said or written "Diese Liste ist nicht abschließend" while meaning "This list is not exhaustive". In that case, this person has IMO used the wrong word "abschließend". Perhaps he/she was influenced by the English word "conclusive" (which has several different meanings).
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-11, 20:32  Spam?  
4;timfefe, I had understood the native German speakers on this thread to be saying it does mean "exhaustive" in this sense. I also understood the Proz entry I cited in the entry to say that. I can't currently see another probable meaning in contracrs, but I now understand that such entries will not be tolerated. I admit defeat.
Chat:     
von Gerhard- (DE), 2018-09-16, 22:28  Spam?  
Ob "exhaustive" der richtige juristische englische Begriff ist, kann ich nicht sagen.

"Erschöpfend" steht zwar nicht genau so im Duden (siehe aber Synonyme bei "exhaustiv"), aber die Bedeutung in Bezug auf die Liste ist hier "ausgeschöpft", d.h. die Liste kann nicht erweitert werden.

http://www.zpo.at/lexikon/taxative-aufzaehlung/
https://www.lexexakt.de/index.php/glossar/enumerativ.php
https://leges.weblaw.ch/dam/publicationsystem_leges/2001/2/LeGes_20...

Ähnlich bei Wikipedia(DE): Ersch%C3%B6pfend, das hat auch nichts mit "ausführlich" oder "ermüdend" zu tun
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-17, 09:31  Spam?  
Thanks, Gerhard. "Exhaustive" is the equivalent legal translation when talking about lists. Unfortunately it appears that entries of this nature are no longer tolerated in the dict, so people will have to read through this thread or go to Proz to find the answer instead.
Frage:
Toilets » antworten
von Ulrich4131 (UN), 2018-09-09, 15:21  Spam?  
Hallo,

1. toilet
2. restroom
3. comfort room
4. bathroom

a) When to use what? (Brit. or American?)
b) What would a visitor in a company say? (Can you tell me the way to the/your ...?)

Thank you!
Antwort: 
Schau mal:  #896733
von parker11 (DE), 2018-09-09, 15:28  Spam?  
Antwort: 
Also here:  #896735
von Ursinus (GB), 2018-09-09, 15:44  Spam?  
Chat:     
von Prostetnik Jelzin, 2018-09-09, 17:48  Spam?  79.210.218....
Oxford Dictionaries hat einen interessanten Blog-Beitrag zur Geschichte des Wortes:

https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2014/03/18/word-story-toilet/
Frage:
Erläuterung » antworten
von Sam22 (UN), 2018-09-09, 13:16  Spam?  
Hi,
Can 'Erläuterung' also mean 'information' in the following?
Zu Ihrer Erläuterung: Jeder Server benötigt einen weltweit einmaligen Namen, der bei verschiedenen Berechtigungs-Stellen (NICs) zu bestellen ist...

For your information...
Thanks!
Antwort: 
No  #896728
von sunfunlili (DE/GB), 2018-09-09, 13:55  Spam?  
Erläuterung = wrong word ....
https://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/Erlaeuterung
or it shoud read   IN Ihrer Erläuterung .....      depends how the sentence ends.
Antwort: 
Kommt drauf an.  #896729
von parker11 (DE), Last modified: 2018-09-09, 15:20  Spam?  
Wenn jemand in einer Veröffentlichung etwas über Server erläutert, könnte eine Leserantwort darauf durchaus so beginnen:

"Zu Ihrer Erläuterung: Jeder Server benötigt einen weltweit einmaligen Namen, der bei verschiedenen Berechtigungs-Stellen (NICs) zu bestellen ist..."

Wie sunfunlili schon sagt, mehr Kontext.
Antwort: 
von Sam22 (UN), 2018-09-09, 17:44  Spam?  
Afraid no context as such.I was just browsing the net and I am curious to know whether 'Zu Ihrer Erläuterung'  is s set phrase. Also came across another example:
Zu Ihrer Erläuterung habe ich anhand eines Beispiels meine Vorgehensweise erläutert
Vielen Dank!
Antwort: 
von Prostetnik Jelzin, 2018-09-09, 17:58  Spam?  79.210.218....
"Zur Erläuterung" means "As an explanation". "Zu Ihrer Erläuterung" is just wrong, because the reader is not the one that is getting explained.
Antwort: 
von Sam22 (UN), 2018-09-09, 18:28  Spam?  
What if the reader is the one who is getting something explained?
Danke!
Antwort: 
von Prostetnik Jelzin, 2018-09-09, 19:09  Spam?  79.210.218....
In the case of addressing the reader directly, "Zu Ihrem Verständnis" (for your comprehension) would be more appropriate. In some situations the phrase may sound arrogant.
The use of "Verständnis" here is not to be confused with "Wir danken für Ihr Verständnis" (Thanks for your understanding).
Antwort: 
von Sam22 (UN), 2018-09-10, 17:39  Spam?  
Danke vielmals !
Frage:
Extension/addon für Android, zb Chrome » antworten
von BastifanB, 2018-09-09, 12:04  Spam?  80.109.108...
Es gibt für den Firefox-Browser am PC eine Dict.-extension, mit der man auf ein (zB englischsprachiges) Wort klicken kann und man bekommt in einem kleinen Popup-Fenster die deutsche Übersetzunng angezeigt. Das ist extrem praktisch und ich könnte das auch sehr gut für mein Android-Smartphone brauchen (am liebsten für Chrome, oder auch Firefox). Gibt es sowas oder ist sowas geplant?
Antwort: 
Please ask Paul!  #896725
von goog1, 2018-09-09, 12:23  Spam?  87.183.238....
Das ist eine Frage für Paul, den Betreiber von dict.cc. Schreib bitte an paul4;dict.cc!
- - - - - - -
This is a question for Paul, dict.cc's creator. You can email him at paul4;dict.cc.
Antwort: 
von Paul (AT), 2018-09-09, 14:52  Spam?  
Derzeit ist mir nicht bekannt, dass es so etwas gibt und für die nächste Zukunft ist es von meiner Seite aus nicht geplant. Da gibt es leider noch einige dringendere Dinge, die zu erledigen sind.
Frage:
made free of? » antworten
von Deseret (SI), Last modified: 2018-09-09, 10:57  Spam?  
At every question he gave me a fleshy cut with it that made me writhe; so I was very soon made free of Salem House (as Steerforth said), and was very soon in tears also.

German translation: Bei jeder dieser Fragen versetzte er mir einen Hieb, daß ich mich wand und bald in Salemhaus mündig gesprochen war, wie Steerforth es nannte, und auch sehr bald in Tränen schwamm.
Antwort: 
von Ursinus (GB), 2018-09-09, 12:52  Spam?  
As I understand it, the other boys accepted David as one of themselves, a full member of the school. Same wording here: "Over the last 300 years, about 300,000 ordinary people have been made Free of the City of London."
https://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/dbextra.aspx?dbid=2052
Chat:     
von Deseret (SI), 2018-09-09, 18:50  Spam?  
Thank you
Antwort: 
was very soon in tears  #896750
von romy (CZ/GB), Last modified: 2018-09-10, 05:18  Spam?  
better (IMHO):... sehr bald in Tränen ausbrach. "Salem House" is a black house in the town Salem near Boston, Massachusetts, where allegedly a witch queen lived in the 17th century. Google for the "Salem witch trials". We have visited it during our recent US trip! Perhaps the sentence means to express that the boys live in a house, or the school is a house, dominated by a witch?
Chat:     
von Deseret (SI), 2018-09-10, 07:55  Spam?  
This particular Salem house, according to Dickens, was situated in London, it was a boarding school.
Frage:
kompetenzfähig(keit) » antworten
von aphoenix (US), 2018-09-09, 02:18  Spam?  
Ich habe "kompetenzfähig" im Internet gesucht und "Kompetenzfähigkeit" = "competitiveness" gefunden.  Ich habe aber auch "competitiveness" = "Konkurrenzfähigkeit" gefunden.   Ist "Kompetenzfähigkeit" in diesem Sinne falsch für "Konkurrenzfähigkeit" oder heißt auch "Kompetenzfähigkeit" "competitiveness"? Ich bitte um Korrektur, falls nötig.

https://contribute.dict.cc/?action=edit&id=1399280
https://contribute.dict.cc/?action=edit&id=1399282
Antwort: 
Kompetenzfähigkeit ist doppelt gemoppelt, IMHO. Fähigkeit zur Fähigkeit??  #896714
von parker11 (DE), 2018-09-09, 02:51  Spam?  
Chat:     
von aphoenix (US), 2018-09-09, 03:19  Spam?  
Danke, parker11.  Ich stimme zu.  Was wollen wir aber damit machen?  Google: (703 results) Google: (170 results)
Chat:     
Kompetenzkompetenz ?  #896717
von hausamsee (DE), Last modified: 2018-09-09, 08:22  Spam?  
Google: kompetenzkompetenz

sogar hier: Wikipedia(EN): Kompetenz-Kompetenz "or competence-competence, is a jurisprudential doctrine whereby a legal body, such as a court or arbitral tribunal, may have competence, or ..."
Antwort: 
Danke für den Hinweis, hausamsee. Nie vorher gehört.  #896718
von parker11 (DE), 2018-09-09, 08:42  Spam?  
Da es sich bei "Kompetenz-Kompetenz" zweifellos um einen juristischen Fachausdruck handelt, frage ich mich trotzdem, ob die etwas weniger juristische "Kompetenzfähigkeit" tatsächlich existiert.
Chat:     
von Prostetnik Jelzin, 2018-09-09, 10:25  Spam?  79.210.218....
Bei den contributes scheint jemand die Begriffe Kompetenz und Konkurrenz verwechselt zu haben. Eher ein Fall von Inkompetenz.

Mit Kompetenz wird oft der bereits erworbene Sachverstand (neudeutsch: die Skills) gemeint. Das angehängte -fähigkeit könnte dagegen das Potential meinen, sich diese anzueignen. Landläufig würde man das Talent nennen, aber im akademischen Bereich wird ja gerne unnötig verklausuliert. Das kann auch praktisch sein. Ein Lehrer, der einen Schüler als strohdumm bezeichnet, würde heutzutage vermutlich verklagt. "Ihrem Sohn fehlt es an Kompetenzfähigkeit" klingt doch gleich viel besser.

Spaßige Überlegungen beiseite: Von den Google-Funden her deutet einiges darauf hin, dass der Begriff historisch in der Schweiz im Rahmen kirchlicher Konkursprüfungen verwendet wurde, wobei auch nicht der finanzielle Konkurs gemeint ist. Es ging wohl eher um Lehrbefugnis.

https://books.google.de/books?id=Z7EYAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA202&lpg=...
Antwort: 
Fähigkeit zur Entwicklung von Universalfähigkeiten bzw. Metakompetenz  #896722
von hausamsee (DE), Last modified: 2018-09-09, 11:50  Spam?  
Früher gab es dafür die schöne, alte "Bildung", zu erwerben durchs Studium Generale.

Gibt es auch in der Pädagogik (dort aber nicht weiter recherchiert). Es scheint die (kompetente) Fähigkeit, sich Fähigkeiten anzueignen (also auch praktisch zu wissen, wie) gemeint zu sein. Im Wirtschaftsleben ist es offenbar die (sich anzueignende) Fähigkeit eines Unternehmens, angemessen auf Herausforderungen des Marktes zu reagieren.

https://books.google.de/books?id=HqEIgq-zXOAC&pg=PA301&lpg=...

Es geht um "Metakompetenzen":

"Während die Befürworter der Source-based View die Bedeutung von Metakompetenzen scheinbar in den Vordergrund rüken, existieren auch kritische...
» vollständigen Text anzeigen
Frage:
Brenzlige Birne » antworten
von Gostan, 2018-09-08, 14:41  Spam?  79.65.6....
Eine richtige Übersetzung auf Englisch für: Ein Klavier auf die brenzlige Birne zu stellen." Birne ist ja wohl ein Frücht und bedeutet "Pear". Jedoch "To place a piano on a burning pear" macht leider kein Sinn.
Antwort: 
Birne bedeutet hier "Kopf".  #896701
von goog1, 2018-09-08, 15:16  Spam?  87.183.238....
Antwort: 
Google: "hirnverbrannter Kopf"  #896703
von goog1, 2018-09-08, 15:44  Spam?  87.183.238....
Antwort: 
War das Nazi-Jargon? Die einzige auffindbare Quelle von goog1 deutet darauf hin.  #896704
von parker11 (DE), Last modified: 2018-09-08, 16:03  Spam?  
--> EN:

not burning, but crazy/inane/mad
not pear, but head/mind
Antwort: 
dict.cc: gehirnamputiert  #896706
von goog1, 2018-09-08, 18:29  Spam?  87.183.238....
Antwort: 
dict.cc: Birne  #896707
von goog1, 2018-09-08, 18:31  Spam?  87.183.238....
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2018 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten