|   Alle Sprachen   
EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   SK   NL   PT   FI   LA   ES   HU   NO   BG   HR   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   SQ   EL   BS   |   FR   SK   IS   ES   NL   HU   RO   PL   SV   NO   RU   FI   SQ   IT   DA   CS   PT   HR   BG   LA   EO   SR   BS   TR   EL

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|New Website|About|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
Types of entries to display:     Linguistic help needed   Chat and other topics   Dictionary entries   Contribute!  

English-German Translation Forum

Hier kannst du Fragen zu Übersetzungen stellen (auf Deutsch oder Englisch) und anderen Benutzern weiterhelfen. Wichtig: Bitte gib den Kontext deiner Frage an!
Suche | Richtlinien | Neue Frage stellen
Frage:
von Windfall (GB), 2020-09-17, 10:42  like dislike  Spam?  

Thanks, alex-k. This is about Datenanwendung as it relates to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, in German: DSGVO). Personenbezogene Daten translates to English as "personal data". Because of the importance of the GDPR, most definitions of personenbezogene Daten/personal data are the same as the one in the GDPR:
"personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;"
„personenbezogene Daten“ alle Informationen, die sich auf eine identifizierte oder identifizierbare natürliche Person (im Folgenden „betroffene Person“) beziehen; als identifizierbar wird eine natürliche Person angesehen, die direkt oder indirekt, insbesondere mittels Zuordnung zu einer Kennung wie einem Namen, zu einer Kennnummer, zu Standortdaten, zu einer Online-Kennung oder zu einem oder mehreren besonderen Merkmalen, die Ausdruck der physischen, physiologischen, genetischen, psychischen, wirtschaftlichen, kulturellen oder sozialen Identität dieser natürlichen Person sind, identifiziert werden kann;

According to various Austrian legal texts I have found, "Datenanwendung" has something to do with the GDPR and is not a computer program/app. As I have mentioned above, I think this may be an Austrian (legalese) term for data processing, possibly having developed to cover that from an initial meaning genuinely referring entirely to the use of data, but I cannot find evidence of that. My next best assumption, and one I can find evidence for, is that it genuinely refers to "(personal) data use", even where "data processing" would make more sense to me (possibly the use of the data "Datenanwendung" refers to can be the processing of data).
I almost never get to translate texts that aren't written in legalese (whether German, Austrian or Swiss legalese) or its financial equivalent, so it's nice to be reminded that not everyone speaks like that :) Unfortunately, I think I need someone who does speak Austrian legalese to comment, as I suspect the meaning may differ from German German non-legalese and this is an area where the meaning of a word has diverged regionally (just like you wouldn't want to get most British English speakers to tell you what "suspenders" or "pavement" mean in a US text).
 « zurück

nach oben | home© 2002 - 2024 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung