Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EL   EO   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IT   CS   DA   PT   IS   HR   FI   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Übersetzung »
« estimate of short-term components    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Übersetzung  
von wurm, 2010-02-11, 23:27  like dislike  Spam?  188.23.47....
2. Introduction
ich weiß zwar nicht, ob dieses forum oder ein anderes auf dict - falls es so etwas überhaupt gibt - für übersetzung(shilfen) zuständig ist, aber ich bräuchte dringend hilfe bei meiner einleitung in bezug auf eine arbeit über "der widerspenstigen zähmung"
könntet ihr eventuell diese introduction auf fehler überprüfen? ich wäre euch enorm dankbar =)))

1. Introduction

William Shakespeare is a literary genius recognised throughout the world. By reading and elaborating on his comedy The Taming of the Shrew, I have once and for all understood why the playwright attained this status.
The Taming of the Shrew establishes a magnificent example for a timeless masterpiece: The multi-stranded plot featuring strong, distinctive characters and themes that have mattered to people for centuries united in a single play that is drafted in exceptionally poetic language - which is so special that it even has been termed ‘Shakespearean language’.
As I am of the opinion that such nonpareil a play deserves particular attention, I decided to make it subject of my work.  For a better understanding of the comedy’s background, I will put a short biography of William Shakespeare at the beginning of the paper and adduced information about his language and style as well as about the sources for his plays in the subsequent two chapters.
Under the designation Conceptual I will dwell on the analysis of The Taming of the Shrew, implying a synopsis in the first subitem. Hereafter my work will be responsive of the characterisation, the themes and the motifs of the comedy.
Elaborating on Elizabethan and Jacobean Theatre makes for a clearer understanding of why Shakespeare has written the play as it is, given that he is a playwright of this era. “The Play in Performance” provides the reader with a perception of how The Taming of the Shrew then was enacted.
The last item of my paper deals with the play’s history, addressing its theatrical, cinematic and intercultural reception as well as “Critical Approaches throughout History” regarding The Taming of the Shrew.
Antwort: 
some suggestions  #495300
von Lisa4dict, 2010-02-12, 00:12  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
elaborating on > analyzing
once and for all understood > finally come to grasp/understand
establishes a magnificent > poses as a magnificent
united > are united / come together / combine
even has been termed > has even acquired the name/label
such nonpareil a play > such a gem of a play / such a pearl among plays
make it subject > make it the subject / choose it as the topic
For a better understanding of > To better illustrate
adduced > you might leave that in to impress your teacher.  If this isn't for school say "supporting information" (Shakespearean language may be admired, but is considered a tad outdated.)
information about ...about  > information on ....on
will dwell on > ponder / consider
implying > andeuten? or supplying - liefern?
will be responsive of > will discuss ?
Elaborating on > Elaborating (ohne on, on only with "laborate on" but I'd advise against using that one)  The section that follows this is a bit muddled.  You might want to tighten up the meaning and phrasing a bit.
then was enacted > was enacted in those days.

If you aren't sure of how new vocabulary is used, google it.  There are many essay sites written by native speakers.  Study how the words are used in phrases and what meaning they are used in.
Antwort: 
Have a few questions:  to pose AS a magnificent ..???  #495301
von squeezeboxAchim (DE), Last modified: 2010-02-12, 01:30  like dislike  Spam?  
1. or The Taming of the Shrew poses  a magnificent example for a timeless masterpiece

2.The multi-stranded plot features..?? is featuring..?

3.Why is there a hyphen before which?
(...poetic language - which is so special that it even has been termed ‘Shakespearean language’.)

4.The multi-stranded plot featuring strong, distinctive characters and themes(Komma?)  that have mattered to people for centuries (Komma?) united in a single play that is drafted in exceptionally poetic language

5.As I am of the opinion that such A nonpareil  play deserves particular attention

6. will put or put (past tense ) ??

( For a better understanding of the comedy’s background, I (will?)  put a short biography of William Shakespeare at the beginning of the paper .

4;Lisa
7. Why shall  the word -adduced-  be used only  to impress the  teacher?
It's commonly used in every media and googles well
It depends : It is possible imho If the 'adduced' information are used to support his arguments within an interpretation

meaning:
to cite (reasons, examples, etc.) as evidence or proof
Antwort: 
von TopSecret (DE/CA), 2010-02-12, 01:29  like dislike  Spam?  
. or The Taming of the Shrew poses  a magnificent example for a timeless masterpiece
- I dunno why but I would say 'pose as' too.

2.The multi-stranded plot features..?? is featuring..?
- It's fine the way it is. dict.cc: featuring

3.Why is there a hyphen before which?
(...poetic language - which is so special that it even has been termed ‘Shakespearean language’.)

- http://www.ukessays.com/essay-writing-help/punctuation-hypens-dashe...
"Dashes are in a sense grammatically unnecessary - there are no situations where grammatical rules dictate a hyphen must be used, and one can always be substituted with another punctuation mark. However, hyphens do have some useful stylistic effects.

Like brackets, colons and semicolons, dashes put clauses and phrases in parenthesis. Because they create a more marked visual division on the page than other punctuation marks, they add greater emphasis and are usually used to indicate an aside:

- Sir Francis Drake had to break off a game of bowls - he was a keen sportsman - when news of the Spanish Armada reached him.

Dashes are also useful for linking clauses when the writer wants to create a dramatic pause:

- It didn't matter what they said - I'd decided I was going to go;
   - No one knows if the Holy Grail exists - yet it is one of the most talked-about artefacts in history;
   - The evidence is overwhelming - critics are unanimous in their praise of Shakespeare's sonnets.

4.The multi-stranded plot featuring strong, distinctive characters and themes(Komma?)  that have mattered to people for centuries (Komma?) united in a single play that is drafted in exceptionally poetic language
- The first one definitely no. The second one I could argue about but I think it's fine the way it is.
Antwort: 
von squeezeboxAchim (DE), 2010-02-12, 01:41  like dislike  Spam?  
to pose as= To represent oneself falsely; pretend to be other than what one is.??

to pose=  To set forth in words; propound:??
Antwort: 
squeezeboxAchim  #495308
von Lisa4dict, 2010-02-12, 01:42  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
7. It's used, yes, mostly in legalese.  There are better ways to express the idea in common English.  Just because google gives you ghits, doesn't make a term "common".
Antwort: 
Achim, to your question 3.  #495309
von mwk (US), Last modified: 2010-02-12, 05:00  like dislike  Spam?  
It's not a hyphen. It's a dash used to indicate that the thought following it is more in addition to (and not an integral part of) the thought expressed in front of it. Sometimes this dash is called a 'parenthetical dash' because it could be replaced by parentheses like this: "...poetic language (so special that it even has been termed ‘Shakespearean language.')."
U.S. editors often insist that this dash is set as a so-called em dash with no spaces before and after—like this. I think (but am not sure) that German editors prefer the so-called en dash with spaces before and after - like this.
Antwort: 
Ok. Many thanks  #495310
von squeezeboxAchim (DE), 2010-02-12, 01:45  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
comma Link  #495311
von Lisa4dict, 2010-02-12, 01:49  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
Antwort: 
Assignment Help 4 Me  #903573
von daveoscar (IN), 2019-01-28, 11:10  like dislike  Spam?  
Seek the best help to complete your homework on typical subjects like CPM and Algebra. Assignment Help 4 Me is the best option as it has a collaboration with the experts who are well-acquainted with the subjects.
Antwort: 
von TopEssayServices (US), Last modified: 2019-02-21, 14:08  like dislike  Spam?  
If you need a best college essay writing service then contact me. We are the top quality writing service in US delivering 100% unique and plagiarism free content to our clients. Don't worry about our charges and all. You can afford it  and you will be surely satisfied with our writing services.
https://www.topessayservices.com/expert-editing-org/

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten