Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EL   EO   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   FI   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 culture »
« Direkte Rede    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Shart  
von kingbtd (US/DE), Last modified: 2010-04-08, 14:59  like dislike  Spam?  
I'm looking to translate or create a German equivalent to the American English word, shart.  A shart is an attempt to fart but results in a little shit.  An unpleasantry that makes a person miserable and the situation dire. Could I use 'schurtzen' as a combination of scheissen and furtzen? Would the meaning be carried in the dialogue: Er kamm nun früh am Tag aus der Äthersphäre und er hat seine Mittagsmahlzeit im Georgios Seaside Café im Süden Montereys, in der Nähe der Bixby Brücke Kaliforniens, gegessen.  Aber etwas lag ihm schwer im Bauch. Eno 'schurtze' seine Hose voll und seine Gedanken waren jetzt ermattet durch die physikalische Welt, die seine Mission war zu manipulieren:  Das Puff Puff seines hochgetunten, aquamarinfarbigen, klassischen Skooters verursachte ihm albträumerischen Ärger -  er war bekackt und musste anhalten...?  In the translation I would also italicize the word schurzen.
Antwort: 
shart  #510233
von kingbtd (US/DE), Last modified: 2010-04-08, 09:31  like dislike  Spam?  
Please ignore the 'kommend' in the sentence: Er kamm nun früh am Tag aus der Äthersphäre kommend.  My bad. (I just noticed I can edit entries...double my bad)
Antwort: 
shart  #510234
von ManoloB (US), 2010-04-08, 09:44  like dislike  Spam?  
There is currently no equivalent to this word in german language. Given time, it might appear.  If you choose to use this word in a translation, you will have to describe it instead of finding an accurate word regarding the text.
Antwort: 
shart  #510249
von kingbtd (US/DE), 2010-04-08, 10:25  like dislike  Spam?  
ManoloB, thanks for taking the time to answer my question.  I would have to ask you, and seeing that you've used the statement "given time, it might' appear", is it up to you and I to help the German language 'live' and not stagnate in Kant's misinterpretation of noumena.  Given a further  descriptive narration, could shart be created in the above context and could we create the word 'schurzen' to fill this void in the German language.  I assume that language is a lived value and not something left to nitwits at Duden to give a thumbs up or down judgment. If I provide the entire segment, would that help you to 'see' if shart makes sense as schurzen in German?
Chat:     
UK English: "follow through" (not used in polite company!)  #510255
von jim (GB), 2010-04-08, 10:43  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
fehlanzeige  #510258
von Nordic (DE), Last modified: 2010-04-08, 10:45  like dislike  Spam?  
mit dem Wort könnte ich überhaupt nichts anfangen. Ich würde eher davon ausgehen, dass es ein Druckfehler ist, weil es nämlich das Wort schürzen gibt. Man "schürzt" die Lippen, wenn man pfeift.

Du solltest es besser umschreiben, als unauffällige Blähungen oder leise Blähungen oder Abgehen zaghafter Winde
Antwort: 
king  #510260
von ManoloB (US), 2010-04-08, 10:49  like dislike  Spam?  
A word like 'shart' will not have any white knights looking for a translation in any language. I will not assume any reason as to why you might want to find a translation for this word in German or for that matter in any other language. When I indicated that 'given time it might appear' all I meant is that if its usage in English increases, it might correspond to a needed translation in another language. Currently that has not occurred and this encyclopedia is not meant to create new words.
Antwort: 
Für mich ist das ein "Furz mit Land".  #510264
von Baccalaureus (DE), Last modified: 2010-04-08, 11:08  like dislike  Spam?  
Anyway, there is that incredibly bad movie with Adam Sandler, I think, where he has this nutso friend who forces him to leave a party they arrived at just a minute before saying "Wir müssen gehen, ich habe gerade geschurzt" - which seems to be exactly the translation that kingbtd suggested.
Antwort: 
Google: "feucht furzen"  #510266
von Kornelius (DE), Last modified: 2010-04-08, 11:17  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
king  #510267
von ManoloB (US), 2010-04-08, 11:21  like dislike  Spam?  
It seems that a 'fart with a shit' has plenty of supporters. I think that you might well recommend an addition to this dictionary based on Baccalaureus and Kornelius comments. Shart --->  "Furz mit Land" oder "feucht furzen".
Antwort: 
feucht furzen und andere leckerle...  #510308
von kingbtd (US/DE), 2010-04-08, 14:54  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks everybody for the help.  I am aware of the word schürzen in German, but Germans are stickler's for the pronunciation of u and ü, and I figured schurzen is not to be confused. (My wife and children are German and so I mean no offense by 'germans'.)  I'm not necessarily looking to create a new word but perhaps in only indulging myself in using a new word for my own ends. I'm translating a text and there are a number of such words that periodically come up.  Sometimes I can translate the cultural context and apply similar words or phrases when they do appear.  Shart is also a relatively new word in English and yet it is something that is a cross-cultural and (I'm sure) a historical experience...my wife even fesses up to sharting.  I can imagine Angelika Merkel and Obama have even let loose a shart or two in their lives (maybe I shouldn't imagine that too often, though).  So I thought that perhaps there may have been a 'Berlin' word or a 'Hamburg' word that might be used but hasn't quite made it in the sophisticated realm of owning words and phrases -see the hidden chapter in Goethe's lost manuscript (or was that Rilke?).  I will probably go with Furz mit Land since it emphasizes the actual physical presence of material in the process.  If anyone doubts the nature of 'my' literary needs, you might just want to read what's considered to be the first 'novel' ever written: Gargantua and Pantagruel by Rabelais...you'll be surprised by the content. I wouldn't be surprised if Rabelais didn't already create a French word for 'shart' in the 15th Century that has since been censored by the Goethes and Shakespeares of our literary heritage.  Thanks again everybody for the help, and if any one is interested in helping me translate the book, you can email me at kingbtd4;aol.com and I can provide the English text and the (already) translated German text for your viewing and critique.
Antwort: 
follow through  #510311
von kingbtd (US/DE), 2010-04-08, 14:58  like dislike  Spam?  
That sounds too polite for the reality...but it still made me laugh.
Antwort: 
at the other end you get the technicolour yawn which translates as der materialrülpser  #510413
von farhamsafar (NZ), 2010-04-09, 08:19  like dislike  Spam?  

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten