Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EO   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   PT   FI   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Radarführung - Radarführungsabteilung »
« they create the stimulus for growth,    

English-German Translation of
legislations

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
legislations  
von romy (CZ/GB), 2010-06-28, 06:46  like dislike  Spam?  
Rechtssysteme ?
"...our global IT solution available in 40 languages and legislations"
Antwort: 
try  #527342
von Lisa4dict, 2010-06-28, 07:29  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
I'd rather try to find something with "Justiz..." or "Gesetzgebungs..."  
"-bereich" doesn't sound quite right.  Maybe you can go from there.
Antwort: 
Officially granted system?   #527343
von nigilmaadhust (UN), 2010-06-28, 07:30  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
or do they mean "the countries where these languages are spoken"?  #527344
von incognito, 2010-06-28, 07:46  like dislike  Spam?  91.1.107...
Antwort: 
incognito  #527351
von Lisa4dict (US), 2010-06-28, 08:15  like dislike  Spam?  
not likely.  Both in France and in the Côte d'Ivoire they speak French, but they do have different legal systems and laws.
Antwort: 
neigh  #527352
von romy (CZ/GB), 2010-06-28, 08:18  like dislike  Spam?  
They mean that they comply to / guarantee conformity with the legal regulations of each of those 100+ countries where the 40 languages are spoken.
It is a re-occurring issue in my current translation, and "legislations" as a plural does not google all too well either. I need the proper GERMAN one-word term. As for now, I am still sticking - just as my Giant Sticky Leaf Insects do - to my "Rechtssysteme".
Antwort: 
Links  #527355
von Lisa4dict (US), 2010-06-28, 08:46  like dislike  Spam?  
Wikipedia(EN): Jurisdiction_%28area%29
I think your original text grabbed the wrong term off the shelf and they actually meant "jurisdictions"  
Wikipedia(DE): Rechtsordnung
Antwort: 
Rechtsordnungen?  #527361
von ddr (AT), 2010-06-28, 09:10  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
'Jurisdictions' is right  #527397
von wandle (GB), Last modified: 2010-06-28, 10:49  like dislike  Spam?  
The correct English word is 'jurisdiction' meaning '(physical) area within which a single legal system applies'.  In the UK and the US, more than one jurisdiction exists within the national territory.
Antwort: 
Rechtssysteme  #527402
von jb, 2010-06-28, 10:54  like dislike  Spam?  91.110.53...
"Rechtssysteme" is a nice catch-all term in term. And the insects are to be applauded for their inspiration. In my own experience, I regularly come across "Vorschriften" or "Regelungen" (http://www.linguee.com/search?query=regelungen+erf%FCllen) in the sense described and wonder whether this might help with the translation.
Antwort: 
Hilarious... Let me cuddle all of you - you gave magnificent answers!  #527413
von romy (CZ/GB), 2010-06-28, 11:09  like dislike  Spam?  
Well, I will stick with my "Rechtssysteme" then  and worrry no more.. Happy BBQQQ!
Antwort: 
Thanks for the cuddles, but this insect at least thinks 'Rechtssystem' misses the point.  #527420
von wandle (GB), 2010-06-28, 11:35  like dislike  Spam?  
On 'country' / 'nation' / 'state' / 'jurisdiction': consider the following.  

For this example, a nation is the political entity (eg UK, US) recognised in the UN; a state is a component part of the federal nation which is the United States of America; a country is an historical realm which is a component part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; and a jurisdiction is an area (often smaller than the national territory) in which a particular legal system applies.

In the US, each state has its own state laws.  Each state is a separate jurisdiction.  The whole nation is governed by federal laws, forming another jurisdiction.  

In the UK, two countries, England and Wales, are governed by one set of laws, making one jurisdiction.  A third country, Scotland, is governed by another set of laws, making a second jurisdiction.  Between these two jurisdictions, many laws are the same or parallel.  The position of Northern Ireland is somewhat anomalous, and I am not sure whether nowadays it counts as a separate jurisdiction.

As regards 'Rechtsordnung' / 'Rechtssystem' Wikipedia has the following.

Rechtssystem
aus Wikipedia, der freien Enzyklopädie

Der Ausdruck Rechtssystem bezeichnet:

* in der Mathematik und Physik die Art der Anordnung dreier Vektoren, siehe Rechtssystem (Mathematik)

* in der Rechtswissenschaft:
         o Rechtsordnung, die Gesamtheit des geltenden Rechts
         o Rechtssystem (Soziologie), die Gesamtheit des geltenden Rechts, der Institutionen, der Rechtskultur und der Rechtsbeziehungen
         o Rechtskreis, die Gruppe von verwandten Rechtsordnungen

From all the above, it seems 'Rechtsordnung' is the correct term for 'jurisdiction'
Antwort: 
OK. It's Rechtsordnung then. Thank you all!!  #527453
von romy (CZ/GB), 2010-06-28, 13:41  like dislike  Spam?  

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten