Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EO   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   PT   FI   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 factual recreation »
« to capture the experiences of my real-life char...    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
eine kurze Kontrolle wäre sehr nett!!  
von Carl A., 2011-01-24, 16:42  like dislike  Spam?  79.205.250...
Hallo,

es wäre sehr nett, wenn ihr den folgenden Text mal nach Fehlern oder sprachlichen Ungereimtheiten überprüfen könntet. Ich bin mir nicht an allen Stellen sicher und würde mich über eine Korrekturlesung sehr freuen!

MfG Carl A.

What is Germany?
An essay about the characteristics of Germany

You want a terrific pizza? Then you have to go to Italy! You are looking for the best vodka? Ask a Russian! Or do you need a wonderful massage? Nothing beats a Thai massage. Every country has its peculiarities and is famous for something else. In this essay I want to examine the characteristics and the particularities of Germany.
If you are not only interested in German beer and Riesling you often hear that Germany is known as the land of poets and thinkers. Germany, over the centuries, has produced a great number of polymaths and geniuses. Nobel laureates like Hermann Hesse, Wilhelm Röntgen and Albert Einstein are known all over the world. Next to education Germany is famous for its cuisine of sweet desserts and cakes such as Black Forest gateau and Stollen. Apart from that, every tourist has to try at least one time sausages with sauerkraut made by a German. Even if someone has never been to Germany before, he knows German car manufacturers such as Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Audi or Maybach. The automobile industry is one of the largest employers of the country and a leading brand in the world market.
Everyone who comes to Germany will see the country with different eyes and from various perspectives but in my eyes Germany is an open-minded country with many nice sites apart from its dark past.
Antwort: 
some things that stuck out  #572501
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2011-01-24, 17:04  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
... and don't forget to report back to us what grade we got for your homework :-)

word order:
Over the centuries, Germany has produced a great number of polymaths and geniuses.   or
Germany has produced a great number of polymaths and geniuses over the centuries.
Apart from that,  <sounds very translated in most uses>  In addition / Furthermore / http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/574/02/
has to try a dish of sausages with sauerkraut prepared by a German at least once.
Even someone who has never been to Germany before will know ...
employers of the country
<The automobile industry isn't a brand. en-de.dict.cc: brand;
many nice sites apart from its dark past <??>
Antwort: 
Also - I don't know that Maybach is particularly well known outside Germany,  #572503
von Lllama (GB/AT), 2011-01-24, 17:09  like dislike  Spam?  
but I can think of two other large car companies you haven't mentioned.
Antwort: 
Joanne: You just don't have enough money - Maybach is THE car.  #572536
von Baccalaureus (DE), 2011-01-24, 18:30  like dislike  Spam?  
You wouldn't buy it whithout a chauffeur.
Antwort: 
Bacca - I've heard of Maybach - I actually saw one while waiting at traffic lights a few months ago,  #572572
von Lllama (GB/AT), Last modified: 2011-01-24, 22:10  like dislike  Spam?  
I couldn't tell if it had a chauffeur, though (do they come as an optional extra?) - but my husband works with cars, so I pick up a lot by osmosis. But I don't know how well they are known amongst 'normal' people.
Antwort: 
Believe me, boys know them as soon as they are old enough to read a motor magazine.  #572596
von Baccalaureus (DE), 2011-01-25, 00:17  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), Last modified: 2011-01-31, 00:33  like dislike  Spam?  

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten