Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EL   EO   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   FI   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Sound-powered telephone »
« Wünsche dir einen relaxten Wochenstart    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Sound-powered telephone  
von Catesse (AU), Last modified: 2011-02-07, 05:47  like dislike  Spam?  
These are in such widespread use in military and emergency services, as well as in mines and skilifts and places where the inability to communicate could cost lives, that I thought it would be easy to find a parallel term in German. It is not when working from the English side.
Can anybody find the standard German word for these "sound-powered telephones"?
And does anybody know when the German navy started using them? The first reliable date that I can find is 1955, but it could have been much, much earlier.
Antwort: 
one of these ?   #576112
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2011-02-07, 06:12  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
Chat:     
How are things?  #576113
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2011-02-07, 06:25  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
Glad to note your power's back up.  
We got some impressive swirly white satellite images from your part of the world.
Antwort: 
Batterielose Anlagen   #576114
von Catesse (AU), 2011-02-07, 06:31  like dislike  Spam?  
Something very like those. But with the emphasis on how they are powered rather than how they are not powered or where they are used.
Chat:     
Electronics  #576115
von Catesse (AU), 2011-02-07, 06:44  like dislike  Spam?  
Never mind the swirly white bits; it's the swirly bits in red and orange and yellow that scare the daylights out of people. Personally, we are in one of the safest areas in Queensland: in the SE corner, but well above river flood or storm surge dangers. And in a house designed by my engineer husband, with bolts and bracing all through - though it has not been tested in winds approaching 300 km.  We do have the equivalent of a storm shelter in a cellar built under the house partly into the side of a hill: concrete blocks with industrial-strength bracing.  We did not even lose power or telephone, but the weather has played havoc with our internet access, either on our computers or with the links. After the air conditioning had been turned on for several hours, and the temperature dropped some eight degrees, my computer came alive again, although my husband's is still unhappy.
As my computer was delivering multiple copies of some emails (up to 15), I wonder whether it might have missed some as well. Still, we are lucky; we did not lose our home or our livelihood, although the effects will be felt financially by everyone, in increased commodity prices and taxation. I suppose what we are feeling is akin to "survivor guilt".
Antwort: 
sprachaktiviertes Telefon   #576117
von 3mmm (DE), 2011-02-07, 07:01  like dislike  Spam?  
Automarkt | Autohaus D. Ehm GmbH | Holtbrügge 1 | Dortmund | NRW ...
... Schminkspiegel im Fond, Picnic-Tische, Sitzheizung, Lordosenstütze (hinten), sprachaktiviertes Telefon (Nokia, vorbereitet), gelochte Aluminiumpedale. ...
autohaus.cc/automarkt/A1_Bentley_Arnage_T.428.html - Im Cache
Antwort: 
meto   #576118
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2011-02-07, 07:17  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
Nicht das gleiche.  Was Catesse sucht ist mehr so eine Art Wechselsprechanlage.
Die Technologie ist schon ziemlich alt.  Ich denke dies ist vielleicht so ein Fall wo Deutsch viele verschiedene Einzelbegriffe hat, aber keinen übergreifenden Gruppenbegriff.

"sprachaktiviertes Telefon" would be a "voice activated phone".
Chat:     
Sounds as though you are well prepared for weather woes.   #576120
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2011-02-07, 07:18  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
Glad you made it through o.k.
Antwort: 
Sprachaktiviertes Telefon  #576121
von Catesse (AU), 2011-02-07, 07:22  like dislike  Spam?  
I think that the "sprachaktiviertes Telefon" is brought into operation by the voice rather than a poking finger, but that it still needs a battery of some sort to make it work. The "sound-powered telephone" is independent of any power source except the voice of the human being using it.
Your suggestion led me to try "sprachbetriebenes Telefon", but that does not seem to be a good match either, although it looks as though it should be.
Thanks to you and Lisa, but I am still hoping that somebody can come up with an exact match, one specifically referring to the navy.
Antwort: 
Schallwellen- / Luftdruck(wellen)- .....?!  "nix googledegooged" ....  #576127
von sunfunlili (DE/GB), 2011-02-07, 09:32  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
schallbetriebenes Telefon  #576135
von Serge (RU/UA), Last modified: 2011-02-07, 11:18  like dislike  Spam?  
This is the closest I could get to the term – "schallbetriebenes Telefon": ---SIC 1972 3661 Telefone (schallbetrieben), ohne Batterien--- (http://www.cebus.ch/sic/sic0064.htm)
Antwort: 
Schallwellen  #576136
von Catesse (AU), 2011-02-07, 11:19  like dislike  Spam?  
Oh, dear! Google converts "schallbetrieben" into "schaltgetrieben", and "schallaktiviert" leads to dental instruments with the dentist's telephone number.
I wonder if there is somebody out there from the Marine-Offiziersvereinigung (MOV) who would know about these things, from the olden days.
I contacted the head of the RAN Historical Section (Sea Power), who could tell me a bit about the instruments, but naturally not what they are / were called in German, nor when they were introduced (even into the RAN).
Aha! That reminds me: Siemens was making them for the German navy, but their website appears on my computer in English, and remains stubbornly untranslatable. Google just does not want to know about it; it has a lot of photos, and that makes the file too large for Google.  
(It is not just idle curiosity; I need to know something of the history of the things, and I can't search for it until I know what they are / were called in German.)
Antwort: 
Schallbetrieben  #576137
von Catesse (AU), Last modified: 2011-02-07, 11:31  like dislike  Spam?  
Another go at it:
http://www.cebus.net/sic/sic0069.htm
Telefone (schallbetrieben), ohne Batterien.
I think that this is on the right track, but not yet quite at the destination. Is it the naval term?
And, after going back to google: "schallbetrieben" seems to be applied mainly to toothbrushes and sex toys, and "schallwellen" does not lead me to a usable term.
Antwort: 
schau mal hier:   #576138
von Kornelius (DE), 2011-02-07, 11:30  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
https://www.siemens.de/ueberuns/geschichte/Seiten/home.aspx   send an Email ?!  #576140
von sunfunlili (DE/GB), 2011-02-07, 11:34  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
Photo. Kornelius  #576143
von Catesse (AU), 2011-02-07, 11:48  like dislike  Spam?  
This is an example of the object in question:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sound-Powered_Telephone_Syst...
This is from HMNZS Te Kaha.
4; Kornelius: I'll have a go at Akkuladen- later. My mind is overloaded. It is high time that there was some means of operating mobile phones without recharging from mains. People have died lost in the bush or in small boats because their phone batteries died on them. I had thought that there should be hand-operated mobile chargers; there are, but not on sale in Australia; they have to be ordered from Hong Kong or Korea or somewhere. Heck, HERE is where they were needed during the floods.
Chat:     
sunfunlili  #576145
von Catesse (AU), 2011-02-07, 12:01  like dislike  Spam?  
That site could be a happy hunting ground for somebody with a technical mind who would like to search it for words to enter in dict, but I can't quite see how to exploit it to find what I want.
Antwort: 
ich würde es nennen: strom(versorgungs / quellen)unabhängiges Telefon  #576146
von Kornelius (DE), Last modified: 2011-02-07, 12:32  like dislike  Spam?  
letztlich ist es dem Sprecher egal, wie das Telefon funktioniert; falls es doch darauf ankommt, kannst du auch nehmen:
Telefon mit Stromversorgung durch Sprech- / Schallenergie  oder: sprechenergiebetriebenes Telefon
Antwort: 
Google:  Sprechstrom Telefon   that's it ?!  Sprechstrom ...?!  #576147
von sunfunlili (DE/GB), 2011-02-07, 12:40  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
Just to clarify: sound-powered telephones need to be connected by wire, so there are no sound-powered mobile phones.  #576174
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2011-02-07, 17:12  like dislike  Spam?  
In the early days of the telephone, all telephones were sound-powered. The DE term was Magnettelephon. The addition of batteries improved the sound; the DE term was Batterietelephon. But neither one is what we now consider a mobile phone. For a "sound-powered" conversation over a 30-mile distance, you need 30 miles of wire.
Antwort: 
MichaelK  #576282
von Catesse (AU), 2011-02-08, 05:09  like dislike  Spam?  
Oh, well. Don't believe everything you read, eh? But something has to be done to make mobile phones that are not so dependent on external power. This can be a matter of life and death.
Sprechstrom: I thought, Eureka! Until I read further on where the type of battery needed was specified. Or did I misunderstand something?
I have not given up hope that some time, somebody who can provide an answer will stumble across this thread. After all, it has been up for less than 24 hours. The response has been so generous, but I don't feel confident about any of the solutions suggested.
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), 2011-02-08, 08:44  like dislike  Spam?  
I would have thought there is something like this for military use which could be adapted

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten