|   Alle Sprachen   
EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   SK   NL   PT   FI   LA   ES   HU   NO   BG   HR   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   SQ   EL   BS   |   FR   SK   IS   ES   NL   HU   RO   PL   SV   NO   RU   FI   SQ   IT   DA   CS   PT   HR   BG   LA   EO   SR   BS   TR   EL

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|New Website|About|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 revenue vs earnings »
« zuerst die Arbeit, dann das Vergnügen    

English-German Translation of
freies Krisenspiel

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
"freies Krisenspiel"  
von JamesP (UN), 2011-04-09, 08:59  like dislike  Spam?  
Krisensubvention für „Normalarbeitsverhältnisse“ und freies Krisenspiel des Marktes für „atypische“ Beschäftigung (this is a subheading)

dict.cc gives "crisis game" (game theory), but I simply don't know what that means. I cannot find an internet reference. That would be OK, but the addition of "freies" confounds me completely. Inferentially, I would render it as "Crisis subsidy for 'regular' jobs, while 'atypical' employment is thrown to the wolves" or "left to the mercy of the market". Does that at least sound feasible?
Antwort: 
If it is supported by context,  #589520
von ddr (AT), 2011-04-09, 09:10  like dislike  Spam?  
it does sound feasible.Maybe sth. more a bit like 'Launen des Marktes'?
Volatility of the market? Gambles of the market?
Antwort: 
a free (-for-all) crisis economy? a crises economy on the loose? a self-perpetuating crisis economy? a crisis economy-as-economy-can ???  #589522
von Kornelius (DE), Last modified: 2011-04-09, 09:35  like dislike  Spam?  
the economic laws / the markets produce their own crises / stumble from crisis to crisis without being restricted by (government) laws which might prevent them.
Antwort: 
the play of the free market  #589523
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2011-04-09, 09:39  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
Google: "freies Spiel des Marktes"
Google: "the play of the free market"
Standard employment relationships enjoy subsidies while non-standard employment relationships are left to the play of the free market in times of crisis.
Chat:     
Kornelius  #589524
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2011-04-09, 09:44  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
If It's what I think this is from it's about "Kurzarbeitergeld" paid to companies during an economic crisis.  They types of employment more frequently taken up by women apparently don't enjoy the same amount of support.
Chat:     
typo "the types"  #589529
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2011-04-09, 09:55  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
Antwort: 
Lisa  #589530
von Kornelius (DE), 2011-04-09, 09:55  like dislike  Spam?  
I think "Kurzarbeitergeld" is just one incidence (or symptom) of what I tried to describe above. The "freies Krisenspiel des Marktes" is an ironic allusion to the (capitalistic) mantra "freies Spiel des Marktes"
Antwort: 
Yep, but the section of the paper this is the heading for is   #589531
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2011-04-09, 10:01  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
about that "Kurzarbeitergeld."  <If it is the one I'm thinking of.  I would post the link, but some of our posters say they've gotten into trouble when their source material is mentioned here.>
Antwort: 
von database (DE), 2011-04-09, 10:31  like dislike  Spam?  
Just curious: are the atypical jobs subsidized jobs?
Antwort: 
this is the document - http://library.fes.de/pdf-files/wiso/07230.pdf  #589549
von uffie (GH/KI), 2011-04-09, 11:17  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2011-04-09, 11:28  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
Chat:     
database  #589559
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2011-04-09, 11:33  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
Not atypical jobs but rather atypical/ non-standard employment (i.e. not the - 40 hour week, give adequate notice to quit, pay regular salaries/wages, work at the office/company - kind)  such as part-time, work from home, temp-work and contract work.
Antwort: 
perhaps  #589560
von uffie (GH/KI), 2011-04-09, 11:39  like dislike  Spam?  
having read some of the context, I'd say it means something like giving the markets free reign in times of economic crisis

not directly related, but explaining the theory behind subsidies is http://www.egovmonitor.com/node/33784
Antwort: 
von database (DE), 2011-04-09, 11:48  like dislike  Spam?  
Ah, the atypical jobs are union-free jobs (without minimum-wages and dismissal protection) but the author does not want to tell us.
Antwort: 
Thanks very much  #589658
von JamesP (UN), 2011-04-10, 07:03  like dislike  Spam?  
It seems my conjecture was correct. And I think simply the free play of the market is not enough since the author is a strong critic of that. She is strongly criticising the fact that while regular work is supported those in other kinds of work -- often predominantly women -- are thrown to the wolves. Re. ufriend: it is giving the markets free rein (to be pedantic!) that generates economic crisis in the first place -- that would certainly be the position of this author. But your remark is a just one in the sense that I think that causation is somewhat confused in this phrase.
Antwort: 
James  #589663
von uffie (GH/KI), 2011-04-10, 09:39  like dislike  Spam?  
thanks for pointing out the spelling mistake!
I read a bit of the article and can see your point. The only other interpretation I can think of is that she uses the "spiel" in another sense - the markets play around/mess around in times of crises; not an immediate interpretation but possible.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2024 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung