Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EL   EO   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   FI   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 tian (gastr.) »
« I don't have mich of a reason to stay alive.    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Rinderviertel  
von romy (CZ/GB), Last modified: 2011-06-13, 13:46  like dislike  Spam?  
In der Fleischfabrik werden pro Stunde 35 Bullen (140 Rinderviertel) zerlegt.
Google: Rinderviertel quarters bietet alle möglichen Varianten an: beef quarters, cattle quarters, bovine quarters,... Was ist die übliche Bezeichnung?
Antwort: 
von wandle (GB), Last modified: 2011-06-13, 14:09  like dislike  Spam?  
Google: "beef quarters" over 20,000 ghits
Chat:     
Talking about meat production: Don't we have an absolutely wonderful Prime Minister in Australia?  #602422
von romy (CZ/GB), Last modified: 2011-06-13, 14:19  like dislike  Spam?  
BTW, I was one of the more than 200,000 people who have written her a letter on this topic. Hopefully, we'll now get our own - humane and controlled - slaughtering houses and meat processing plants!
Oh, here is the link: http://www.rspca.org.au/?utm_source=eNews&utm_campaign=e73bb7f5...
But be warned before watching the videos: The pictures are not pretty.
Antwort: 
Agree with wandle's implication that "beef quarters" is the way to go.  #602423
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2011-06-13, 14:23  like dislike  Spam?  
"Beef" points to "meat from cattle raised for human consumption." (In short, "beef cattle").
"Bovine" is more of a biology term and includes bison and buffalo. "Cattle quarters" may not necessarily be for human consumption.
Antwort: 
Thanks, I'll go with "beef quarters" then!  #602424
von romy (CZ/GB), 2011-06-13, 14:23  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
romy  #602428
von Catesse (AU), 2011-06-13, 16:05  like dislike  Spam?  
There is a relationship between the way a nation treats animals and the way it treats people.
I have no time for Juliar, but it was not she who introduced the export of live cattle to the Middle East and South East Asia.
Chat:     
Hi Catesse  #602431
von romy (CZ/GB), 2011-06-13, 16:27  like dislike  Spam?  
My comment above was not meant sarcastically at all - I really believe she is an absolutely wonderful Prime Minister, because she STOPPED the live exports and showed great courage and boldness by doing it. She is now facing a mocking and rude opposition, trying to ridicule her. I hope she will continue to "demand the floor" and reinforce her decision anyway! Here is an extract from my letter to her and the QLD Minister of Agriculture:
"People who mistreat animals will also mistreat other human beings, given the chance. The final results are forced labour camps, torture and killing of men, women and children, and possibly wars. World Peace starts with promoting kindness towards those creatures who are powerless.

If Indonesia wants our sheep or cattle they will have to pass some new laws and regulations to
ensure that nobody mistreats these animals any more. When their people become aware that it is a
punishable offence if someone hits a bull, they may think next that they better shouldn't kick the
beggar on the street either. The next steps will be that they will begin to treat refugees,
demonstrators, and prisoners more humanely, because they will think: If I can be punished for illtreating
a sheep, how much worse will my punishment be for ill-treating a human?

Your decision sent the right message not only to Indonesia but to many more countries and people,
including those people within your/our own country who have been doing wrong by now."
Chat:     
romy  #602437
von Catesse (AU), 2011-06-13, 16:56  like dislike  Spam?  
I thought you were referring to the time before she stopped the exports. Let's see how she goes with shipping 800 live refugees to Malaysian prisons.
I've been around for a long time. I remember the subversion and attempted Indonesian invasion of Malayasia, and the impending threat to Darwin in the 1960s. The murder of some three quarters of a million alleged communist supporters at roughly that time. (My dates are a bit shaky on these events.) Balibo. Aceh. And where was that cemetery where the troops opened fire on a funeral group?)
But, no, let's not argue this out on forum.
Chat:     
Catesse: Our Prime Minister  #602445
von romy (CZ/GB), Last modified: 2011-06-13, 17:36  like dislike  Spam?  
Oh, I managed to find a letter of June 2010 which I have written to Julia Gillard soon after her election. She must have promised something good - but I can't remember what exactly it was. Here it is, short and sweet:
"Dear Prime Minister, I wish to congratulate you to your powerful and challenging new role. It is so wonderful to see a person on top of this nation who has shown an open heart for refugees and new immigrants. The only request I have to Australian politicians is: Please, always put humanity first!
New immigrants need homes, not detention centres.
I wish you huge success, Julia."
I have no idea how she came to send refugees to Malaysia - but it doesn't seem to match her promise.
Chat:     
Typolilly: Oh, I have managed to find a letter of June 2010 which I wrote to Julia Gillar soon after her election  #602448
von Proteus, 2011-06-13, 17:39  like dislike  Spam?  93.82.146....
Chat:     
Oh dear, yes, that's right, Proteus, pardon me - (wenn erhitzte Gemüter reden ...)  #602452
von romy (CZ/GB), Last modified: 2011-06-13, 17:52  like dislike  Spam?  
And I certainly agree with Catesse and some others that Ms GillarD should not put cattle above men - but I wish to emphasise that the animal welfare issue is still an important matter, too, although secondary in comparison.
Chat:     
Mark Tain thought Germans are cruel to dogs. From his notebook:  #602458
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2011-06-13, 18:20  like dislike  Spam?  
A dog is "der Hund"; a woman is "die Frau"; a horse is "das Pferd"; now you put that dog in the genitive case, and is he the same dog he was before? No, sir; he is "des Hundes"; put him in the dative case and what is he? Why, he is "dem Hund." Now you snatch him into the accusative case and how is it with him? Why, he is "den Hunden." But suppose he happens to be twins and you have to pluralize him- what then? Why, they'll swat that twin dog around through the 4 cases until he'll think he's an entire international dog-show all in is own person. I don't like dogs, but I wouldn't treat a dog like that- I wouldn't even treat a borrowed dog that way. Mark Twain's Notebook
Chat:     
Tippdings (18:20) ... he is "den Hund." Oder hat SL Clemens das so geschrieben?  #602461
von Proteus, 2011-06-13, 18:28  like dislike  Spam?  93.82.146....
Chat:     
Overlooked the obvious: Mark Twain (18:20) Otherwise Hippolyte Taine might come to mind.  #602462
von Proteus, 2011-06-13, 18:29  like dislike  Spam?  93.82.146....
Antwort: 
P, I don't know if he wrote it exactly like this.   #602468
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2011-06-13, 21:05  like dislike  Spam?  
Perhaps he was a little confused. After all, he said that he would rather decline two drinks than one German verb.  :-)
Chat:     
Verben werden konjugiert ... :-)  #602476
von Bella-Brera (AT), 2011-06-13, 20:34  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
Yes, but how do you conjugate two drinks?  :-)  #602478
von MichaelK (US), 2011-06-13, 21:06  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
MT / SLC could have said he'd rather decline two drinks than one German noun - eg. Hund  #602479
von Proteus, 2011-06-13, 21:29  like dislike  Spam?  91.115.87....
Chat:     
MichaelK: Haha, wir "konjugieren" uns zwei Martinis >> ich schüttle, du rührst ... :-))  #602504
von Bella-Brera (AT), 2011-06-13, 22:39  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
Bella: Va bene!  #602523
von MichaelK (US), 2011-06-14, 02:50  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
Animal welfare  #602526
von Catesse (AU), Last modified: 2011-06-14, 05:11  like dislike  Spam?  
As I understand it, Hitler was very kind to his sheepdog, Blondi. (?) Until he tested cyanide on her. I have never heard whether Stalin, Chairman Mao, Idi Amin or Pol Pot had pets. Has Mugabe got a cat? They were probably nasty little boys who pulled the wings off butterflies.
Re writing to politicians: I don't join in mass protests or cngratulations. When I have something to say, I email my local Federal member. I always get a personal answer, either by email, or by a phone call from one of his staff. He works the electorate very well. He sends out circulars, by post or by email if he has the email address of a constituent, asking for opinions on critical questions, and how they should be handled. (If he asked about live cattle, I missed out on the question; but the whole affair blew up so quickly that there would have been little time to circulate questionnaires.) At a meeting about five years ago, I asked him privately when he was going to put his hand up for the leadership. Not yet. At the next election, he held his seat by something like 18 votes. His seat was considered so secure that people felt safe voting for the ALP in order to register a protest against John Howard without endangering Andrew. At the latest election, he got about 60% of the vote.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten