Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EO   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   PT   FI   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 I will come back... »
« revised    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
bibliography  
von trqp, 2011-06-21, 20:57  like dislike  Spam?  80.142.151...
If a title of a book ends with a question, will there be a full stop after the title (as it is usually the case)? Imagine something like:

fictitious title and author:

"Mayer, Robert. What do we have to learn?(.) (...) etc."

Thank you.
Antwort: 
Title in inverted commas, no full stops after Robert or the latter inverted commas  #604300
von Proteus, 2011-06-21, 21:10  like dislike  Spam?  91.115.94....
Chat:     
Thanks.  #604309
von trqp, 2011-06-21, 21:32  like dislike  Spam?  80.142.170....
At least, we DO a full stop after the author of the title. Yes, inverted commas.

But the question mark? No comma?
Antwort: 
Bibliographies  #604359
von Catesse (AU), Last modified: 2011-06-22, 05:01  like dislike  Spam?  
There are many styles of bibliographies, so you need to know the "house style" of the publisher or educational institution for whom you are writing. The order of place, date and publisher of the book cited also vary.
I did not give a thought to the problem of citations when I ended the title of my latest book with a question mark. Personally, I would say that a full stop straight after a question mark looks plain ridiculous. If the style uses " " around the book title, you might get away with it. If you are using italics for the book title, don't do it unless somebody in authority makes some serious threats. (But make sure that the ? is also in italics.)
Chat:     
Thank you very much, Catesse.  #604814
von trqp, 2011-06-24, 14:56  like dislike  Spam?  80.142.201....

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten