Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EO   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   PT   FI   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 retail sites »
« Anfrage an Unternehmen    

English-German Translation of
Mit freundlichen

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Hochachtungsvoll  
von cadillac (DE), 2011-06-24, 13:09  like dislike  Spam?  
Hi,

ist beides im Englischen das Selbe?

Also im Deutschen benutze ich Hochachtungsvoll immer dann, wenn ich sauer bin und sagen will "und übrigens lecken Sie mich am Ar***).

Natürlich auch wenn man sehr förmlich sein will. Aber ich kenne kein Adel und nutze es so nie ;)

Das heißt also, dass beides Mit freundlichen Grüßen heißt. Und nicht das man besonderem Respekt zeigen will. Was ja Hochachtungsvoll ursprünglich im deutschen hieß.
______________________________________+
Aber im Englischen habe ich es so notiert gehabt und gelernt.
(B) Yours sincerely: Adressat bekannt: (aufrichtig-vom Herzen), Yours faithfully (Adressat unbekannt)

A=immer Sincerely oder Sincerely yours

- "Yours faithfully" wird eigentlich nur im Britischen verwendet, und zwar wenn man an "Dear Sir/Madam" schreibt, den Adressaten also nicht namentlich kennt.

- Im Amerikanischen wird generell "Sincerely" oder "Sincerely yours," verwendet, egal ob man den Adressaten beim Namen kennt oder nicht.
______________________________________+

Wie nutzt ihr das denn nun. Ist das so wichtig ob man nach England oder nach Amerika schreibt?

Kann man sich heutzutage nicht nur eines für die ganze Welt merken? Also ich denke an: Yours Sincerly

Wie im Deutschen ja zu 99% nur "Mit freundlichen Grüßen" benutzt wird.
Antwort: 
Yours  #604809
von Catesse (AU), 2011-06-24, 14:28  like dislike  Spam?  
Yours truly, Yours faithfully, Yours sincerely,: any of these should be acceptable in business correspondence. Anybody who objects is being just a bit picky.
"Hochachtungsvoll" brings painfully to my mind the formula that had to be adopted by government employees when writing to superiors:
I remain, Sir,
Your obedient servant,
Thankfully, that was already on its way out when I entered the work force.
Antwort: 
von cadillac (DE), 2011-06-25, 13:10  like dislike  Spam?  
Thank you.

And what about Sincerely or Sincerely yours?

Are you speaking about the British version, about the US or about all the world?

I need something for all the world. Without to think, about regional specifications.
Antwort: 
Sincerely  #604886
von Catesse (AU), 2011-06-25, 13:29  like dislike  Spam?  
I cannot speak for the Americans, but to me "Sincerely yours", and "Sincerely" even more so, indicate a degree of familiarity that may or may not be appropriate. I would be wary of using either in a business letter.
The more usual forms are safer.
Chat:     
Something for all the world, without having to think about regional specifications.  #604898
von wandle (GB), Last modified: 2011-06-25, 15:39  like dislike  Spam?  
That would be a very useful variety of English. However:
(1) it doesn't really exist at present
(2) it (or something like it) will doubtless come into being with time
(3) that future development will doubtless, like the development of English up to now, be a matter of gradual evolution rather than a rapid, organised change.
My own recommendation, for what it is worth, to help that evolution along, is to take British English as the template. Why? Not for narrow nationalistic reasons, but because
(1) British English is neutral as between the varieties of English spoken in the various former colonies, of which the major players are the US (300 million native speakers), India (1.3 billion, many of whom use English daily) and Africa, where many former colonies use it, and also the forms of English which develop as the language is increasingly used as a second language around the world for administration, business, travel and media. The more Britain's political or military influence in the world declines (as it is still doing), the less 'threat' does British English represent as a piece of cultural imperialism, and the more it becomes an impartial umpire.
(2) Britain is the land where English has been longest used and taught and where most of its great literature has been written.  We are, as it were, for purely historical reasons, the greatest experts on English. Thus in case of dispute or difference, the probability is that educated British English will provide at least a good basis for a solution.
In short: from empire to umpire!
Chat:     
I like your deliberations on the subject  #604971
von uffie (GH/KI), 2011-06-25, 22:04  like dislike  Spam?  
but wonder whether the rest of the world agree ;-)

In actual fact, there are some significant variations between American English - as well as the English used in India, Asia and Africa - and the English used in the UK.

My impression of English as a lingua franca is that is is a mishmash of BE and AE with a few widespread misuses thrown in. But when these misuses are used long enough they will become the norm. Sounds rather negative, but I believe it to be fact.
Chat:     
ufriend, wandle  #604994
von Catesse (AU), 2011-06-26, 04:39  like dislike  Spam?  
Examples of serious misuse that have almost become standard for slothful thinkers:
"The coastline was decimated by the tsunami." (devastated)
"I think that people do not realise the enormity of the task ahead of us." (magnitude)

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten