Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   SK   HU   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   NL   PL   SQ   RU   IS   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 "know not" »
« people was/were    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Vernünftiger Kardinal in Australien  
von Wuffke (DE), 2011-10-27, 13:10  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
von WingDing (US), Last modified: 2011-10-27, 17:43  like dislike  Spam?  
Why should I find any credibility in Pell's skepticism of the scientific consensus on global warming when he believes, in accordance with the Pope's teaching, that the battle to prevent the spread of AIDS should not be fought through the distribution of condoms. Pell states:

“The idea that you can solve a great spiritual and health crisis like AIDS with a few mechanical contraptions like condoms is ridiculous…Condoms are encouraging promiscuity. They are encouraging irresponsibility.” http://www.catholicsforchoice.org/topics/hivaids/bishopsopposecondo...

Pell questions the conclusions of scientific research about global warming, but he'll kneel before the Pope, kiss his ring and then follow the truly absurd policy of opposing the use of condoms in preference to the completely failed policy of abstinence. I wouldn't trust Pell's views on any science given that he doesn't understand the critical role condoms play in preventing the spread of deadly sexual diseases. Just my two cents.

http://scienceblogs.com/illconsidered/2008/07/how_to_talk_to_a_scep...
Chat:     
Looks like the Christian faiths want to fight overpopulation in the strictly traditional way  #625477
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2011-10-27, 19:01  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
.. through war, famine and pestilence.
<If that's the divine design, is that really a god who's gracious?>
My new favorite quote:
It takes a woman 9 months to make a new human. Why waste the erffort?
Chat:     
WinDing, Lisa  #625501
von Wuffke (DE), 2011-10-27, 21:27  like dislike  Spam?  
I agree. Let's fight Global Warming with condoms!

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung