Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EL   EO   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   FI   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Umsetzung des Gleichstellungsauftrags »
« Nachbeter ?!    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Unübersichtlicher Diskurs   
von JamesP (UN), 2011-11-15, 07:27  like dislike  Spam?  
Unübersichtlicher Diskurs zwischen Marktliberalismus und Wachstumsskepsis

Dialogue of the Deaf between Market Liberals and Growth Sceptics

Is this translation OK or am I missing the point?
Antwort: 
<?>  #628176
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2011-11-15, 07:51  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
The hard to negotiate disagreement between liberal market ideas and growth scepticism.
Antwort: 
hard to follow, complex, intricate  #628179
anonymous, 2011-11-15, 08:44  like dislike  Spam?  77.181.239....
Antwort: 
or: convoluted  #628181
anonymous, 2011-11-15, 09:02  like dislike  Spam?  77.181.239....
Antwort: 
If  #628182
von JamesP (UN), 2011-11-15, 09:21  like dislike  Spam?  
Lisa4dict is correct, I would say my version is good. Otherwise, the question is the standpoint from which the utterance is being made. Is the author saying that it's hard for an observer to make out what is going on in this dialogue (which is an essentially trivial issue) or that the two sides are vehemently at odds with one another? If the latter, I think that my version stands. But if anyone has a better idea, I would be very grateful to hear it.
Antwort: 
"unübersichtlich" means literally: hard to get an overview at one glance, the subject doesn't offer an easy access to its present state  #628186
anonymous, 2011-11-15, 09:42  like dislike  Spam?  77.181.239....
Antwort: 
dict.cc: diskurs  #628190
von alex-k (DE), 2011-11-15, 09:49  like dislike  Spam?  
Diskurs is not the same a disagreement; here, I guess, it is more the exchange of ideas between people of either camp. This is done in a fashion hard to follow for the observer and there could be many reasons for that: they speak in complicated language, they never listen to each other and therefore get nothing done, or they argue with each other. Dialogue of the Deaf is only looking at one aspect why they can't seem to agree on anything. I would go for something along the lines of a dialogue confusing for the observer.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten