Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   HU   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   IS   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Messe - exhibition? »
« [Streiwert: sum of money] s.A. und Feststellung...    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
landlord difficulty   
von quill (UN), 2012-04-02, 12:15  like dislike  Spam?  
hey people. new here.. just need to say:

"could you give me an update about the apartment deposit (kaution) and my overpayment of one months rent. thanks"

as you can see its quite important and i cant make any mistakes..
Antwort: 
Ungefähr so:  #649725
von Baccalaureus (DE), 2012-04-02, 12:24  like dislike  Spam?  
Bitte teilen Sie mir den aktuellen Stand meines Kautionskontos mit. Wann kann ich mit einer Rückzahlung meines Mietüberschusses in Höhe einer Monatsmiete rechnen?
Antwort: 
thank you! but..   #649729
von quill (UN), 2012-04-02, 12:35  like dislike  Spam?  
it is a deposit AND a months rent. like 800 + 400. i overpayed a month also. is this how you wrote it? to me that looks like 'my deposit which is a months rent'..

basically its me saying give me my deposit and months rent back now because youre totally late.... but politely.. ;O)
Antwort: 
von alex-k (DE), 2012-04-02, 12:41  like dislike  Spam?  
Darf ich Sie bitten, mir bei nächster Gelegenheit mitzuteilen, wann ich mit der Rückzahlung der Kaution sowie des Mietüberschusses rechnen kann? Vielen Dank im Voraus.

Would you please let me know at your earliest convenience when I can expect return of my deposit and the rent paid in excess? Thanks in advance. (It is politely to the point. I am guessing you cleared the place and just want the financial bit to happen ASAP. Keep in mind that due to "Nebenkostenabrechnung" and the way it is processed nasty landlords can hold on to the deposit until kingdom come with very little you can do about it legally.)
Antwort: 
perfect  #649734
von quill (UN), 2012-04-02, 13:00  like dislike  Spam?  
thats brilliant, thank you so much :O))

yeah i have cleared (and cleaned) the place and given them their 6 month waiting period too.. now im getting pissed off! but it should be fine, its a big company.
Antwort: 
Welcome to the world of German housing.  #649760
von Baccalaureus (DE), 2012-04-02, 14:29  like dislike  Spam?  
This sounds oh, so familiar to me...
Chat:     
Be patient.  #649779
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2012-04-02, 15:11  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
We had written off our deposit and the unused portion of utility advances pretty much.  Then, 2 years later, surprise, surprise the money came.  Be sure to keep them informed of any address changes and what account to do an EFT to.  We actually kept an account in Germany for precisely that purpose.  Someone had told us that would work, but after that long we didn't really think it would anymore and were about to close that account.  Back home, our landlord in Louisianna OTOH was quite happy to keep the deposit and - on request - send us a bill with trumped up charges that she said she needed to cover.  :-(
Chat:     
Ihr hättet ein kleines Haus bauen sollen in Louisiana, am Mississippi-Fluß!  #649787
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2012-04-02, 15:55  like dislike  Spam?  
Epilog aus Brechts Die Sieben Todsünden:
Darauf kehrten wir zurück nach Louisiana, / Wo die Wasser des Mississippi unterm Monde fließen.
Sieben Jahre waren wir in den Städten, / Unser Glück zu versuchen.
Jetzt haben wir's geschafft. / Jetzt steht es da, unser kleines Haus in Louisiana.
Jetzt kehren wir zurück in unser kleines Haus / Am Mississippi-Fluß in Louisiana.
Nicht wahr, Anna? / Ja, Anna.
Chat:     
MichaelK  #649810
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2012-04-02, 17:07  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
A couple of hubby's colleagues thought a house would be a smashing idea.  No paying rent for an apartment.  Such a good investment. - I don't think any of them went broke, but they sure lost a ton of money.

... and while we were there half the town flooded at least three times.  "Am Mississippi-Fluß" you should only build to sell (fast) or on very, very tall stilts with a garage at least 2 levels above street level.  A second floor boat dock might come in handy. :-)  
It's not called "Lousy Anny" for nothing.  Actually, while there, we wondered why anyone who had been to Georgia and could go to Texas would want to stay.  Wherever you go you step into water and whatever is in there is trying to eat you.
Chat:     
Yes, Lisa, I agree. We stopped renting and bought in 1985, and am still not sure if that was a good decision.  #649814
von MichaelK (US), 2012-04-02, 17:36  like dislike  Spam?  
Been to New Orleans a few times and once to Fort Polk. I liked New Orleans.
Chat:     
We now rent from the tax office.  #649899
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2012-04-03, 10:08  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
We own the house fair and square, but the property taxes are about as good as a monthly rent.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung