Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   SK   HU   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   IS   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 streiche:... setze:... »
« Formal Letter    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
English to German: I am scared of animals  
von Wrekk (UN), 2012-06-04, 21:31  like dislike  Spam?  
Hello,
I am writing a letter to a family in Germany that will host me on a school trip. In the letter, I need to tell them that I am scared of animals. How do I say, "I am scared of animals," in German? Thanks
Antwort: 
von Magadan (DE), 2012-06-04, 21:56  like dislike  Spam?  
"Ich fürchte mich vor Tieren" or "Ich habe angst vor Tieren"
Antwort: 
Angst groß, auch bei 'Angst haben'  #658862
von rabend (DE/FR), Last modified: 2012-06-04, 22:31  like dislike  Spam?  
"Mir ist angst" -- aber: "Ich habe Angst"

http://www.duden.de/rechtschreibregeln/gross-und-kleinschreibung
Antwort: 
merci rabend !  #658870
von Magadan (DE), 2012-06-05, 03:29  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
stay home or ...  #658889
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2012-06-05, 09:41  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
Animals are a lot harder to avoid in Germany than in many other places.  (But easier than in, say, Africa.)  I've found that German dog owners often walk their dogs without a leash.  Not that they don't have one.  But you'll find the dog owner having the leash leisurely slung around their necks, walking far behind their dog running free.  (Showing very little sympathy for people who don't love their darling.)
If you come from an automobile centered culture, like the US, you'll find that you'll be out and about and walking in crowds, sidewalks, open spaces and nature a whole lot more than you ever have before.  All of that may expose you to contact with animals of various kinds.
If you really are afraid of all and any kind of animal, it might be advisable to contact a health professional for some advice before you go.  
If it's just certain types of animals that instill fear in you it will be very helpful to your host family if you give them as specific a list as you can.  (All insects or just wasps, ants and spiders?  Are you o.k. with ladybugs?  How about birds?  Pets?)  
On a positive note there are very few wild animals that are dangerous in Germany.  Most have gone extinct ages ago.  Even their insects seemed to come in comparatively tame varieties.  
Good luck.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung