Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   SK   HU   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   NL   PL   SQ   IS   RU   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Dringend: order to tick, and tick to order »
« item numbers    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Tspns / tbspns  
von Catesse (AU), 2012-06-30, 08:26  like dislike  Spam?  
American cooks to the fore!
I have just tried out a burfee recipe downloaded from internet. The result will be eaten (even if barely edible), but it is not something one would serve to guests. I am trying to work out what went wrong. My first thought is that "tspns", which means "teaspoons" in a British recipe, might mean "tablespoons" in an American one. If not, I shall have to think again.
Chat:     
Es werden wohl kaum Esslöffel voll Salz gewesen sein.:-)) Was sollte es denn werden? Bin zwar keine Köchin, aber zeig das Rezept zur Begutachtung her!  #662623
von Bella-Brera (AT), 2012-06-30, 15:07  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
Recipe  #662639
von Catesse (AU), 2012-06-30, 16:25  like dislike  Spam?  
I printed out two recipes and tried to combine them, but I doubt that I could find them again. There are hundreds and hundreds of burfee recipes on internet, many of them unfortunately containing basic ingredients not available outside the Indian subcontinent. Or at least, not under the name given.
The ingredient in question was butter. The way I made it, the stuff cooked too quickly and became stringy. With rosewater and cardamon, it does not taste too bad, but the texture is a cross between mashed turnips and wet sawdust. It definitely needed more butter.
However, the question was a generalised one re the meaning of "tspn" in the US, which would apply to any recipe.
Chat:     
Tbsp vs tsp  #662640
von uba (US), 2012-06-30, 16:27  like dislike  Spam?  
Tsp or sometimes just "t" is teaspoon in the US recipes
Tbsp or sometimes just "T" is tablespoon in the US.
Chat:     
t bzw T  Das ist genial!!!  #662641
von Bella-Brera (AT), 2012-06-30, 16:29  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
Catesse  #662660
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2012-06-30, 18:43  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
You may be dealing with some difference in the ingredients.  We had that with German flour, which is not at all like what you get in the US.  Their sugar also measured differently.  And that was just for starters.
Do you know how many ml your teaspoon and tablespoon have, or did you use a measuring spoon from the US.  The difference between a German teaspoon and a US measure teaspoon wasn't that much, but I felt with some recipes it could make a difference.  
But if your recipe called for a tablespoon of cardamom, you either were making a lot of the stuff or it may have been a typo.  

You might be able to narrow down finding those recipes at this site
http://www.yummly.com/search?#q=burfee
in the side bar you can limit the ingredients to what you have / don't have in your recipe.  That way you get from thousands of results to a couple of pages.
Chat:     
Butter  #662694
von Catesse (AU), 2012-07-01, 03:48  like dislike  Spam?  
It was the amount of butter that was in question, Lisa. That would affect the texture and the cooking time. I think that I might try it with cream. Good tip about how to reduce the number of hits.
4; uba: OMG! (Try entering that in dict!!!)
Chat:     
<t> http://contribute.dict.cc/?action=edit&id=119241 und <T> http://contribute.dict.cc/?action=edit&id=40710  #662737
von Bella-Brera (AT), 2012-07-01, 16:51  like dislike  Spam?  
Diese beiden Abkürzungen t und T sind schon lange im dict.cc. Leider sehe ich das erst jetzt!
Es ist wirklich  ALLES vorhanden!!  HOCH LEBE dict.cc!

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung