Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EO   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   PT   FI   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 telefonat - bestellung einer halteverbotszone »
« Where to put the "due -" clause    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Golden momories... How to translate "Starschnitt"?  
von oliver53 (DE), 2012-07-02, 08:34  like dislike  Spam?  
Between the sixties and nineties millions of German adolescents loved the "Starschnitts" the teen magazin BRAVO offered. They printed live-sized pictures of popular singer/actors or movie stars (i.e. David Cassidy) and published each week a piece of it - let's say a part of the left leg - in the very middle of the magazin so you take it out easely. Usually the last piece printed happend to be the stars head. After about 10 or 20 weeks of collecting you could compose the pieces to a huge poster which you pinned on your rooms wall - preferably above your bed.

How could you translate this "starschnitt" into English then? Or is there any short and elegant description in less than six lines? And to the American friends: Did you ever have a thing like this in your country?

Any help of anybody would be appreciated quite a lot!
Antwort: 
Cut-outs  #662809
von Catesse (AU), 2012-07-02, 08:55  like dislike  Spam?  
Sneaky and effective advertising stunt. I do not know an official term, but "Star cut-outs" or "Star lift-outs" would be reasonable translations, according to the precise format.
I have seen British magazines with a similar gimmick, but not "stars". Sometimes there would be inserts on stiff paper or thin cardboard, and I saw at least one set on thin balsa wood. Build your own warship or something. (Fortunately, not life-sized.)
Antwort: 
cut-out(s) of your favourite star(s)  #662820
von dannyw (GB), 2012-07-02, 10:18  like dislike  Spam?  2.25.37....

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten