Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   SK   HU   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   NL   PL   SQ   RU   IS   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 receipt stub »
« Ist das korrekt bitte?    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
receipt stub  
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2012-08-06, 15:18  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
It's a part of a check your get at a restaurant or bar that's separated from the main part by perforation.  You tear it off and keep it for tax purposes.
http://www.ecampus.com/merch/31587627
http://www.wellpromo.com/upload/upimg55/4-1-4-x8-5-8--3-Part-Classi...

Does sth. similar exist in German or does one have to go with an explanation?
Antwort: 
In Germany you will get a bill, also able to be used for tax purposes  #668120
von 3mmm (DE), 2012-08-06, 15:21  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
Well, it's not a simple bill anymore .....    #668123
von sunfunlili (DE/GB), 2012-08-06, 16:04  like dislike  Spam?  
... you need a proper receipt, depends how many people (you have to name them) were with you, how much was it (over or under 150 Euros), date/time and why .....
....  incompleteness, sure forgot something .....
Chat:     
http://www.datentransfer24.de/Bewirtungskosten-Muster.html  #668124
von sunfunlili (DE/GB), 2012-08-06, 16:09  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
Agree with sunfunlili, you need to ask for or, if given, keep the 'Quittung' (printed out, not hand-written).  #668134
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2012-08-06, 16:43  like dislike  Spam?  
http://blog.markus-ritter.de/tag/steuerhinterziehung/
Just as an illustration, no need to read any of this. It's about how you perpetrate the crime of tax evasion if you order a take-out meal, then take it inside to consume it. Fascinating.
Chat:     
OMG  #668136
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2012-08-06, 17:50  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
Thanks for the link, Michael.  I'm reminded of the difficulty trying to explain the lack of taxi receipts to some visitors from Germany.  They thought they had run into a communication problem due to a lack of vocabulary.  As it turned out their vocabulary was fine.  But all their US taxi driver could produce in the way of a receipt was his business card with the amount written on it.  There just was no facility for a German standard "Taxiquittung."  

So, back to my original question:  Should I write sth. like  
Bewirtungsquittung nach US Steurerstandard, wird an der Perforation abgetrennt.

Anyone any better ideas?
Antwort: 
Not exactly a household word, but "Abreissquittung" would be understood.  #668143
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2012-08-06, 20:36  like dislike  Spam?  
Not sure how to express the tax angle, or if it should be mentioned at all. Not every person who has one of those stubs would use it for tax purposes. And for what it's worth: I don't think German restaurants would give you a receipt in the form of an Abreissquittung. But I guess that doesn't matter since you are defining an EN term.
Antwort: 
Thanks everyone.  I'll go with a description   #668178
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2012-08-07, 05:00  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.160....
I like "Abreissquittung"  I hope they won't mistake that for a "Quittungsblock".
Antwort: 
No chance, it really does suggest a bottom stub coming off at the perforation.  #668239
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2012-08-07, 13:57  like dislike  Spam?  
Google: abreissquittung
Seems to be prefaced with so ne a lot, so it's certainly not a technical term....:-)

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung