Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EO   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   PT   FI   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 trafficable quantity »
« Canine antipodeans driving cars? Driving school...    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
The "gun lobby" awakens.  
von Jim46 (US), 2013-01-16, 17:17  like dislike  Spam?  
It's an evil-sounding term, and loved by the opposition.  Besides NRA, there is the "Second
Amendment Foundation", "Gun Owners of America", and others.  I think every state has an
organized group.  

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/01/15/nra-membership-has-g...
Chat:     
Why is this a subject to discuss in the German-English Forum?  #690854
von Puchenau (GB/AT), 2013-01-16, 22:35  like dislike  Spam?  
Jim, I am sure this is a subject "dear to your heart" but why do you you raise it in this forum?
Chat:     
dict.cc: persuasion  #690856
von Heflamoke (DE/RS), 2013-01-16, 22:44  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
Any topical subject is fit for discussion marked CHAT in this forum, P   #690859
von Proteus-, 2013-01-16, 23:07  like dislike  Spam?  178.190.22...
Chat:     
Dear to my heart.  #690864
von Jim46 (US), 2013-01-17, 00:47  like dislike  Spam?  
It is, and to many other Americans, as I illustrated, who fear their government.  We fear of being
overrun by illegal government action, as a result of events for which we are not guilty.

A government that does not abide by its own laws should be feared.  We are past that point.
If they push too hard, the resistance will become monumental.  We'll put on a good show for you.
I hope it doesn't come to that.
Chat:     
von Heflamoke (DE/RS), 2013-01-17, 08:49  like dislike  Spam?  
I really hope it does. Eventually it's not just the rest of the world fearing your government, but its own citizens too. The irony is hilarious! Maybe the next drones fly over your patriotic head and you get to experience that fine piece of technology.

PS: I'm actually curious. Do you think that pro-gun movement got enough followers to put up a decent fight?
Chat:     
I see nothing hilarious about it.  #690916
von Jim46 (US), Last modified: 2013-01-17, 12:24  like dislike  Spam?  
Not for you, nor us.  We already have drones in our skies, mostly unarmed, for observation.
Armed ones will follow.  A mini-drone is being developed, no larger than a butterfly, that will
have the power to observe and kill.  Weapons technology is advancing quickly, and is in the
hands of untrustworthy people.

America is hopelessly bankrupt.  When we crash, who knows what will follow?  There are
90 million gun owners, and the number is growing fast right now.  Gun retailers are largely
sold out.  What percentage of them, who will fight to the death, I don't know.  Only a small
number probably.  But only a small percentage of us defeated King George in 1776.
Chat:     
If I didn't know,  #690931
von Heflamoke (DE/RS), 2013-01-17, 14:40  like dislike  Spam?  
that you're American, I'd say you sound really German to me. Not from these days, but 1918-1933ish, Weimar Republic. The state, the government, the people, trust, rights, patriotism, guns, that all sounds so familiar.
Well, I don't think it's as dramatic as you picture it, but maybe I am wrong and history will prove me wrong.
Till that day we should just relax, don't say/do anything wrong and watch the sky (for drones) :)
Chat:     
Jim46  #691012
von Lisa4dict (US), 2013-01-18, 06:01  like dislike  Spam?  
"One person's revolutionary is another person's terrorist."  
Gun owners are for the most part mortally afraid of the latter.  When plotting to "defend their rights against the government" they should watch out or one won't be able to tell the difference.
Chat:     
Lisa  #691051
von Jim46 (US), 2013-01-18, 16:05  like dislike  Spam?  
There's truth in what you say.  I'm not plotting anything, but I'll support the groups who maintain
a sane resistance.  There are some "loose cannons" among us, who will do much more if provoked.
Besides 2nd Amendment issues, the 4th is also being abused IMO, by gov't surveillance activities
and data collecting, etc.  There is little privacy left.  Technology can be used for both good and bad.

Living in a rural area, I watch all the strife and mayhem in our country, and around the world, on TV
and the internet.  Nothing much ever happens here.  I don't mind at all.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten