Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   HU   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   IS   SV   NO   IT   FI   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 dem“ Morgen »
« Schlafapnoeiker    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
abrechnen über  
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2013-09-24, 10:22  like dislike  Spam?  
Nach Beendigung des Vertragsverhältnisses hat der Vermieter über die Kaution abzurechnen und den verbleibenden Kautionsbetrag an den Mieter auszuzahlen.

After the contract ends, the lessor must ???settle up by means of the deposit???///???deduct payment from the deposit???/???make any deductions from the deposit???? and pay out the remaining amount of the deposit to the lessee.

In case it makes it any easier, the next sentence is: Die Verrechnung der Kaution auf Ansprüche gegen den Mieter erfolgt zunächst auf Schadensersatzforderungen gegen den Mieter ... und zuletzt auf sonstige Forderungen gegen den Mieter.

I'm currently interpreting this as:
Claims against the Lessee are to be paid from the deposit first in respect of claims against the lessee  for compensation for damages ...and finally against other claims against/amounts owed by the lessee.

(this is a bus being leased, not a flat being let (or a car being hired), hence lessor/lessee instead of landlord/tenant)
Antwort: 
on termination of the contract Lessor has to give an accounting for the deposit and to return any (remaining) balance to Lessee  #727055
von RedRufus (DE), Last modified: 2013-09-24, 10:29  like dislike  Spam?  
in Verträgen werden die Parteien meist ohne Artikel bezeichnet
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2013-09-24, 10:25  like dislike  Spam?  
4;Redrufus, what do you mean by "give an accounting"? Unfortunately that doesn't quite make sense.

Also, I think you may be referring to German contracts. In English we often have to add a "the" where German has left it out, e.g. "hereinafter referred to as the "Lessor"".
Antwort: 
give an accounting  -  (etwa) Rechnung legen  #727059
von RedRufus (DE), Last modified: 2013-09-24, 10:31  like dislike  Spam?  
Artikel: umgekehrt - im Deutschen mit Artikel,. im Englischen ohne (üblicherweiset, das ist aber nicht zwingend)
Vor allem, wenn die Parteien groß geschrieben werden, also als Namen behandelt werden
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2013-09-24, 10:43  like dislike  Spam?  
The article use seems to be optional in English. I'd only so far come across real-life contracts that use it, but googling shows that they don't all.
I'm still not sure about either "give an accounting" or "Rechnung legen". Do you mean "invoiced for" as in "prepare an invoice asking for money"? Or "prepare a statement of what's owed"? The money seems to be being deducted from the deposit without any involvement of the lessee, otherwise they wouldn't finish by saying that the remainder will be paid out to the lessee.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2013-09-24, 10:53  like dislike  Spam?  
What's literally happening here?
Is the lessor deducting what it's owed from the deposit before paying back the rest?
Is the lessor issuing a document (invoice/statement) that says what the lessee owes?
Is the lessor making a book entry that shows that the it has a claim over part of the deposit and then retaining that part?
Antwort: 
von uffie (GH/KI), Last modified: 2013-09-24, 10:57  like dislike  Spam?  
has to give an account, but I don't think this fits in this case.

What they mean is that the landlord has to show how much of the deposit is returned. In case of damage he'll be able to deduct any monies used for repairs/making good etc.

"über etw. abrechnen" is not the best of expressions. Perhaps something like "shall/will submit a breakdown of the deposit and the remaining amount to be repaid .....
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2013-09-24, 10:57  like dislike  Spam?  
4;uffie, this is a bus being leased, not a flat being let (or a car being hired), hence lessor/lessee instead of
landlord/tenant. Does what you said still apply?
Antwort: 
von uffie (GH/KI), 2013-09-24, 11:05  like dislike  Spam?  
I'd have thought it still applies. Sorry, saw just now that your text is about buses. The principle is the same. (see also hire cars).
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2013-09-24, 11:14  like dislike  Spam?  
I don't think they're submitting a breakdown of the remaining amount to be repaid. I think they're repaying the remaining amount. Or am I misreading the German?
Antwort: 
von 3mmm (DE), 2013-09-24, 11:57  like dislike  Spam?  
Upon termination of the contract the lessor shall apply the balance of the final account against the deposit, the deposit amount left to be paid out to the lessee.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2013-09-24, 11:58  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks 3meto, that makes sense.
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), Last modified: 2013-09-24, 16:53  like dislike  Spam?  
basically, they're making a list of what was broken or needed to be replaced or whatever other cost were incurred. Then they deduct the sum of these amounts from the deposit already taken and pay the rest back.

See also http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/breakdown_2 i.e. breaking down the overall figure into its constituents: deposit paid €1000, minus €100 repair of scratches, minus €300 small paint repairs = €600 of the deposit paid back.

I hope this is a bit clearer now.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2013-09-24, 16:56  like dislike  Spam?  
4;uffie, in English it is important whether you are just making a list of something (or writing a statement of something) - this doesn't automatically imply that anything has to be done about it, however carefully broken down; whether you are sending a bill/invoice (this means you are sending someone a statement that says how much needs paying and that you are requesting/demanding they pay it) or whether you are deducting payment (you may or may not send a statement or bill or invoice, but the payment will be deducted without any action needed from the other person).
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), 2013-09-24, 16:57  like dislike  Spam?  
btw 3meto's translation is correct, of course, but doesn't exactly make easy reading....
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), Last modified: 2013-09-24, 17:05  like dislike  Spam?  
4; Windfall. I understand but this is not entirely clear from the German "über die Kaution abrechnen"
http://www.duden.de/rechtschreibung/abrechnen

Logically it is the latter of your suggestions as it says "den verbleibenden Kautionsbetrag an den Mieter auszuzahlen".
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2013-09-24, 17:09  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks uffie, I should have looked there earlier. "von einer Summe abziehen" makes the most sense.
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), 2013-09-24, 17:35  like dislike  Spam?  
you're welcome

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten