|   Alle Sprachen   
EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   SK   NL   PT   FI   LA   ES   HU   NO   BG   HR   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   SQ   EL   BS   |   FR   SK   IS   ES   NL   HU   RO   PL   SV   NO   RU   FI   SQ   IT   DA   CS   PT   HR   BG   LA   EO   SR   BS   TR   EL

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|New Website|About|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Ausführungspreisleistungsverzeichnis »
« Infizieren = anstecken?    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
basic rate tax  
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2013-10-04, 12:05  like dislike  Spam?  
The UK has four tax bands:
Lower rate = 10% (for savings income below £2,970 p.a. if this is your total income)
Basic rate = 20% (for income from savings and employment below £32,011 year, but only 10% on dividends below this level)
Higher rate = 40% (on income between £32,011 and £150,000 per year, but only 32.5% on dividends)
Additional rate = 45% (on income from employment over £150,000. 37.5% for dividends and 42.5% for savings income).
Wikipedia(EN): Taxation_in_the_United_Kingdom
Most people in the UK are basic rate tax payers (i.e. their income is below £32,011 and is taxed entirely at the basic rate) and most of the rest are higher rate tax payers, i.e. their income below £32,011 is taxed at the basic rate and their income above it is taxed at the higher rate, but they earn less than £150,000 per year in total).
How do I say basic rate tax in German? (This means tax paid at the basic rate). Also, how do I refer to the basic rate (i.e. the rate at  which basic rate tax is taxed). Using the numbers is no good, as the government tends to change them a little when it wants to raise revenue or win votes, but the concepts of basic rate and higher rate tax have both been around for as long as I can remember.
Chat:     
von alex-k (DE), 2013-10-04, 11:20  like dislike  Spam?  
Windfall, if you open the English Wikipedia article you will see in the column on the left side available translations of this article in different languages. Sure enough, somebody with too much time on their hands has written quite a lengthy German article about UK taxation including the translation that you need!
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2013-10-04, 11:28  like dislike  Spam?  
Thank you. They have indeed got too much time on their hands.  Basissatz works for basic rate then. What about basic rate tax? Is that "Steuer zum Basissatz"?
Antwort: 
von alex-k (DE), 2013-10-04, 11:35  like dislike  Spam?  
Basissteuersatz should be okay. And it wasn't in there, was it. Sorry about that.
Antwort: 
Ta  #728490
von Windfall (GB), 2013-10-04, 11:37  like dislike  Spam?  
What about "basic rate tax" (i.e. tax which is paid at the basic rate, not the basic rate at which money is taxed)?
Chat:     
von alex-k (DE), 2013-10-04, 11:58  like dislike  Spam?  
I am obviously of very little help here because I didn't get the nitty gritty of the question. Plus, I haven't paid taxes in Germany for more than a decade and had cleverer people do my tax returns back then. "Steuer zum Basissatz" might work but it sounds alien to me (but then again, so does tax law in general).
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2013-10-04, 12:04  like dislike  Spam?  
That's OK, I think it should sound OK and like you have an idea what it probably means, but still alien to you. This system doesn't exist in Germany and I doubt there's an official translation (if there is, I haven't found it). I suspect even Americans find the English I just used to explain it weird.
Antwort: 
von ddr (AT), Last modified: 2013-10-04, 12:28  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2013-10-04, 12:34  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks ddr, that's good for basic tax rate (we should put that in the dict), but basic rate tax is tax you pay at the basic rate, and that's the one that seems trickier to translate.
Chat:     
What with David Cameron and all that - are there still people earning LESS than £150,000 p.a. in the UK? The mind boggles.  #728505
von Proteus-, 2013-10-04, 12:45  like dislike  Spam?  178.191.29....
Chat:     
I won't sleep tonight because of this...  #728507
von alex-k (DE), 2013-10-04, 12:48  like dislike  Spam?  
Could it be that it is just completely un-idiomatic, even in tax law circles, to express it like that in German? Why not just write Basissatz-Einkommenssteuer?
Antwort: 
anonymous, 2013-10-04, 13:17  like dislike  Spam?  195.49.159...
Standard-Hebesatz
Antwort: 
von uffie (GH/KI), Last modified: 2013-10-04, 14:47  like dislike  Spam?  
I'd say Eingangssteuersatz. There doesn't seem to be a term for (Eingangssteuer).... perhaps Abgaben zum Eingangssteuersatz

The system is completely different but I reckon this is a rough equivalent.
Google

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2024 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung