Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   SK   HU   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   NL   PL   SQ   RU   IS   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 "It's not working now. But this is not to worry." »
« Proofreader needed    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
n/a and other acronym entries containing punctuation  
von Lettisch (LV), 2013-12-06, 03:38  like dislike  Spam?  
When entering "n/a" in the search field, the automatic prompt shows that there exists an entry:
EN n/a.
However, when entering/clicking on it, there opens a large list of entries containing "n" and/or "a", amid which it is quite hard to find the DE translation for "n/a". See dict.cc: n/a

Question:
Would it be possible to tweak the algorithm so that the "n/a" entry, if it exists, would show ON TOP?
This could potentially apply to other entries containing punctuation other than the slash character as well.
In the case of the EN w/o, for example, the entry at least shows at the top of the list currently.

Some more examples:
a/c - dict.cc: a/c
a/d - dict.cc: a/d
H/B - dict.cc: H/B
w/o - dict.cc: w/o

Thanks.
Chat:     
Ask Paul  #736701
von Catesse (AU), 2013-12-06, 03:55  like dislike  Spam?  
This is a question for Paul, and at a higher level than "Chat", which he might overlook.
Chat:     
von Windfall (GB), 2013-12-06, 10:36  like dislike  Spam?  
4;Catesse, Paul regularly searches for his name in the forum, so he should find this question now.
Chat:     
von Paul (AT), 2013-12-06, 10:47  like dislike  Spam?  
In fact, I get e-mail notifications when someone asks me something in the forum by mentioning my name.

Regarding the search algorithm - that's quite difficult to achieve without breaking something. However, I could try to focus on the "one letter - slash - one letter" pattern to improve the results for these cases. I will test that, but can't promise anything.
Chat:     
Windfall  #736749
von Catesse (AU), 2013-12-06, 14:50  like dislike  Spam?  
Yeah, but his name was not in the original query. That was one reason why I put it in my entry. :-)
Chat:     
von Windfall (GB), 2013-12-06, 14:52  like dislike  Spam?  
I normally put his name in my reply and then mention he reads threads with his name in them anyhow, so no separate contact is necessary.
Chat:     
Results improved for these keywords!  #736770
von Paul (AT), 2013-12-06, 16:14  like dislike  Spam?  

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung