Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   SK   HU   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   NL   PL   SQ   IS   RU   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Hinterlackierung »
« Ein Prüfungstext für Anfänger: Bitte um Korrekt...    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Trade, politics and war  
von Catesse (AU), 2014-02-02, 05:17  like dislike  Spam?  
Wikipedia(EN): List_of_countries_by_leading_trade_partners
This is a very interesting site. Although it is a factual site, it says a lot about politics. Especially about the current plight of the Ukraine.
Chat:     
What are you saying?  #743863
von Yaroslav, 2014-02-02, 08:00  like dislike  Spam?  50.31.252...
Is this turning into a political forum and an extension of the shameful German-led European interference in, and attempted takeover of, Ukraine using neo-Nazis as thugs who lead the violent protest?

The American senator John McCain was even photographed with a known neo-Nazi during his December visit to Kiev.

Why would anyone in their right mind wish to join the European Union; look at what's happening in Greece and Spain.

Anyway, it's only in western Ukraine where the problems are.
Chat:     
Trade balance  #743865
von Catesse (AU), Last modified: 2014-02-02, 08:31  like dislike  Spam?  
There are a lot of historical reasons for the present situation in the Ukraine.
But one of the important current reasons is the difference between the direction of its imports and exports.
My comment referred to the balance and direction of trade. You have introduced the politics.
Many dict contributors are professional translators of trade material; this could be of interest to them.
Chat:     
You're wrong  #743867
von Yaroslav, 2014-02-02, 08:46  like dislike  Spam?  50.31.252...
No, YOU are the one who introduced politics.
Read your first message in this thread.
You used the word ''politics''.

And you're still discussing politics when you're going on about the ''present situation'' in Ukraine.

The German-led European Union, a creation and puppet of the USA, is  looking to expand geo-politically and continue its historical anti-Slav rhetoric and attacks. That's not very subtle. They're quite open about it.

Slavs need to stand side by side for the sake of a common history and future.
Europe cannot be trusted, not when they're going about it the way they are in Ukraine now.
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), 2014-02-02, 11:22  like dislike  Spam?  
4; Yaroslav, it occurs to me that you are the one politicising this ("... a creation and puppet of the USA"). The language you use isn't exactly neutral. Regular contributors on this site occasionally put in links that are of interest in a wider sense -  hence the category "chat". If you're not happy with this, just ignore it.....

And yes, before now we've had friendly, civilised discussions about controversial subjects. For a flexible mind it is always interesting to hear other, sometimes opposing, points of view.

4; Catesse, many thanks for this most interesting site. Explains a lot, not just about the Ukraine.
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), 2014-02-02, 11:29  like dislike  Spam?  
I don't know how neutral this is, but interesting nevertheless...
http://ukraine.uazone.net/history.html
Chat:     
Thanks  #743904
von Catesse (AU), Last modified: 2014-02-02, 14:26  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, uffie. I have marked the site for future ready reference.
Believe me, after nearly 60 years of marriage, I am accustomed to illogical, emotional Slavonic histrionics. I believe that the fellow thinks that I am German. I take that neither as a compliment nor an insult, merely check if off as another leap of ignorance.
Our nephew's daughter is married to a Ukrainian from Kiev, which is why we take a personal interest in events there. Many of my Ukrainian facebook "friends" have blacked out their homepage photographs as a token of mourning for what is happening.
It is rather comical, how I came across this site. For some time, I have been gently pushing to start up Indonesian sites for dict. Indonesia is the fourth most populous country in the world, after China, India and the USA. It uses straight Roman alphabet - no funny bits and accents. Straightforward spelling, fairly easy grammar. If dict goes for an Asian language, this is the easiest with which to start. And the languages spoken throughout Malaysia are fairly similar, so it is a very useful basis. So I tried to check out the volume and direction of Indonesian trade, and I came upon the site I cited. I scrolled down, just to have a sticky-beak, and came across the Ukraine. Penny dropped. Putin's Mafia pals would not have liked it a bit if the trade treaty with the EU had been ratified. Never mind politics and pan-Slavic nationalism.
Aside: does anybody know of a connection between the Russian mafia and "escritorio finance" hedge funds? Maybe it would not be exactly healthy to know much about it. There are too many Google entries for me to pin it down.
(Is the CIA, NSA or Homeland Security monitoring this? Hi, MI5 and ASIO. Or whatever.)
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), 2014-02-02, 16:19  like dislike  Spam?  
you're welcome :-) .... you forgot GCHQ....

I don't know any of the languages to any extent but Malaysian and Filipino may also be a possibility.
Chat:     
Asian language  #743947
von Catesse (AU), 2014-02-03, 02:32  like dislike  Spam?  
Malay is very similar to Indonesian, but does not have nearly as many native speakers. (Actually, Bahasa Indonesia is sometimes called Indonesian Malay.) The native language in the Philippines is Tagalog, as far as I am aware, but it is not an international language. Trade is conducted in English.
The problem with Indonesian is that it varies to some extent from island to island, so one would have to concentrate on the official Bahasa Indonesia.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung