Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   HU   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   IS   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Franz Ferdinand »
« payment checks    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Is hacking into someone's webcam funny?  
von Proteus-, 2014-06-17, 23:22  like dislike  Spam?  194.118.237....
Chat:     
As much or little as peeking into your neighbor's window  #759000
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2014-06-18, 01:49  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.162....
It'll wear off and then only the weirdos do it.  Maybe the next generation will invent internet curtains :-)
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2014-06-18, 03:16  like dislike  Spam?  
You would think that people who aim webcams at themselves and their surroundings wouldn't really have a problem with that. It takes less than a second to disable a webcam. One has to wonder who's the weirdo here--the exhibitionist, the voyeur, or both?
Chat:     
It can be considered a serious crime.  #759003
von romy (CZ/GB), Last modified: 2014-06-18, 03:24  like dislike  Spam?  
I had a legal translation last year when a young man did this to a teenage girl and then blackmailed her with the threat to publish videos showing her undressed. This was dealt with as a crime at the highest level. He scared the girl so badly that she was close to commit suicide.
Edit: But I see that has been already mentioned in the article.
4;MichaelK: In view of the fact that nowadays about every computer and handheld mobile electronic device has an in-built camera in it, whether you want it or not, I tend to disagree with your position.
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), 2014-06-18, 03:42  like dislike  Spam?  
Of course, hacking cams should be considered a crime. My point was about the ease with which such a crime could be prevented, but often isn't. It's difficult for a burglary victim to garner full judicial sympathy if he victim left the door unlocked and the windows open.
Chat:     
von romy (CZ/GB), 2014-06-18, 03:47  like dislike  Spam?  
Yes, Michael, I get your point. But most people, myself included, don't know how hacking is done. They are not aware of the risk. For example: Is it possible that someone may hack into the camera of my mobile phone, for example when I stick it into my bra or have it pointing at my computer monitor while looking at highly confidential corporate or court documents?
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), 2014-06-18, 04:08  like dislike  Spam?  
Yes, it's possible. And again, I agree with your point that hacking a cam is or should be a criminal act. But the safeguards are simple (e.g., small piece of electrical tape) and are almost never taken for reasons I don't quite understand.
Chat:     
Lens cap  #759013
von Catesse (AU), 2014-06-18, 04:40  like dislike  Spam?  
I am totally unfamiliar with the operation of web cams, but would there not be some sort of lens cap that could - and should - be used when operation of the camera is unwanted?
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2014-06-18, 04:56  like dislike  Spam?  
No lens caps exist on built-in cams as far as I know. But that's what that piece of tape is for.You stick it over the lens, which constitutes a 100% effective measure against being watched. So you're absolutely correct--a lens cap, even if it's only a piece of tape, is the solution.
Chat:     
Just bore them to death.  #759025
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2014-06-18, 07:41  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.162....
Most of what someone hacking my camera would get, would be pictures of a wall, a pile of paperwork or, at most, our cat.  
So the current version of "internet curtains" is sticky tape?  Maybe a market niche for the next "piece of fruit" or "robot" upgrade.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung