Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EO   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   PT   FI   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 nie beschwert »
« Schuldzusammenhang    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Need help for a letter of application  
von silverhare (DE), Last modified: 2014-08-08, 18:02  like dislike  Spam?  
Could somebody PLEASE proofread this letter of application. It is the first one I wrote in English and it is ment as a little help for a friend of mine. I'm aware, it's a bit much, and therefore I'd be all the more thankfull for any hint or correction.

Dear Sir / Madam,
I wish to apply for the post of a Chef in one of your restaurants. Frequent recommendations of colleagues and superiors brought your company to my attention and aroused my interest instantly.
At present I work in steadily employed position as Chef for the Abc GmbH in one of the top-rated restaurants near Xxxstadt. At this company I also completed my apprenticeship successfully in July 2010. Meanwhile I took opportunity to acquire wide experiences including my occupation in the high-end hotel restaurant “Defghij”. Managing the post of Gardemanger and guidance of my colleagues were part of my responsibilities there.
I am passionate about cooking at an ambitious level, and that is why I am particularly interested to work for your company.
I speak English fluently. The ability to work under pressure, punctuality, reliability, and flexibility are absolutely essential to me. Good understanding with colleagues and superiors I’d number among my personal skills.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss my abilities personally, and I am looking forward to an interview.
Yours faithfully,
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2014-08-08, 19:10  like dislike  Spam?  
Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to apply for the post of a chef in one of your restaurants. My attention was drawn to your company because of frequent recommendations by colleagues and managers, and this caught my interest.

At present I work full-time as a chef for Abc GmbH in one of the top-rated restaurants near Xxxstadt. This is the company where I successfully completed my apprenticeship in July 2010. I have also taken the opportunity to acquire broad experience, including my job in the high-end hotel restaurant “Defghij”. In this role my responsibilities included managing the garde manger and providing guidance to my colleagues.

I am passionate about cooking at an ambitious level, and that is why I am particularly interested in working for your company.

I speak English fluently. I also have the ability to work under pressure and am punctual, reliable and flexible. My personal skills include enjoying a good understanding with colleagues and managers.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss my abilities personally, and I look forward to an interview.

Yours faithfully,

NB I'm not sure what you meant by the "garde manger" bit, so I might have got this wrong.
Antwort: 
von timfefe (AU/AT), Last modified: 2014-08-08, 20:22  like dislike  Spam?  
Just a little comment:

The letter says that you completed your apprenticeship at Abc GmbH in July 2010 and you still work there at present. It also says that you have broadened your experience by working at Defghij.

I think the dates need some clarification. To a simple reader like myself, it may look like you:
- completed your apprenticeship at Abc GmbH in July 2010
- worked there for a little while
- resigned
- moved to Defghij
- resigned
- returned to Abc

I'd presume that this is not the impression you wished to convey, but it may look like this to someone who reads the letter. Perhaps you wanted to say that you worked for Defghij part-time, whilst still working for Abc.
Antwort: 
Thanks a lot to both of you  #765300
von silverhare (DE), Last modified: 2014-08-08, 22:18  like dislike  Spam?  
Great help! Thank you very much.
4; timfefe: Good argument. I'll think about it.
4; windfall: I love your painting. And many thanks for your time and consideration.
Antwort: 
garde manger  #765323
von silverhare (DE), 2014-08-09, 15:10  like dislike  Spam?  
4; windfall: This is what I found: Wikipedia(EN): Garde_manger.
& many thanx again.
Chat:     
Nebenbei bemerkt:  #765342
von rabend (DE/FR), 2014-08-09, 22:35  like dislike  Spam?  
Im Frz bezeichnet garde-manger ganz einfach die Speisekammer oder den Speiseschrank.. In älteren Gebäuden sieht man vom Hof aus noch die vergitterten Holzkästen, die wie an die Hauswand geklebt erscheinen. Sie waren die Vorfahren des Kühlschranks.  

http://www.cnrtl.fr/definition/garde-manger.
Chat:     
Nicht gewusst  #765407
von silverhare (DE), 2014-08-10, 23:36  like dislike  Spam?  
... und hochinteressant. :-))

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten