Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EO   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   PT   FI   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Meaning »
« English Speakers Speak Little Greek    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Eine Amerikanerin stellt sich mit diesem schlechten english vor  
von nixenglish (UN), 2014-09-01, 19:15  like dislike  Spam?  
... and always come first I like to go to the river and spend time with my dogs and family and watch movies go mudding and party a little I have one piercing and fifteen tattoos anything else you want to know just ask

WAS MEINT SIE DAMIT? IRGENDWIE VERSTEHE ICH DEN ZUSAMMENHANG NICHT. SIND DAS REDEWENDUNGEN ODER SO WAS? WAS HEIßT "mudding" UND "else" IN DEM ZUSAMMENHANG?

DANKE IM VORAUS. :))
Antwort: 
von Iriemon (UN), 2014-09-01, 19:35  like dislike  Spam?  
da fehlen die Kommas

I like to go to the river (,) and spend time with my dogs and family, and watch movies, go mudding, and party a little. I have one piercing and fifteen tattoos. Anything else you want to know, just ask.

Mudding kenne ich nicht.
Antwort: 
So war das orginal.  #767476
von nixenglish (UN), 2014-09-01, 19:43  like dislike  Spam?  
Ich habe das so eingefügt wie sie es geschrieben hat. :( (nur meine Schrift zum unterscheiden groß und deuutsch) Sie ist übrigens eine gebürtige US-Amerikanerin.
Chat:     
von Iriemon (UN), 2014-09-01, 19:49  like dislike  Spam?  
das kann schon sein, vielleicht redet sie schnell ;-)
Antwort: 
von JuneS (DE), 2014-09-01, 20:41  like dislike  Spam?  
http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2013/04/what-is-mudding-is-it...

Zitat aus dem oben genannten Link:
Generally, mudding involves driving an all-terrain vehicle or sport utility vehicle off-road through wet fields, streams, lakeshores, lakebeds, or other muddy areas, according to the U.S. Forest Service. Individuals who go mudding generally race through these areas, spinning their tires and throwing mud.
Antwort: 
THANKS ^^  #767481
von nixenglish (UN), 2014-09-01, 21:03  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
von atemp (US), 2014-09-01, 21:24  like dislike  Spam?  
The moronic Zusammenhangslosigkeit of the prototype is regrettable, but at least the writer capitalized "I".

Pity that the full-stop "." key on her keyboard (or active patch on touchscreen) is broken. Writing without punctuation is a not-uncommon, stupid exercise set by many "progressive" literature teachers and professors.
Chat:     
Sign of the twitter times  #767487
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2014-09-01, 22:38  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.162....
With only 140 characters or less available, many skimp on punctuation.  They rely on the recipient to add their own.   For a young person from the US it's not that bad.  I see much, much worse on my grand-niece's facebook page.
Reden wie gedruckt.  ... isn't a good idea in reverse.
Chat:     
von romy (CZ/GB), 2014-09-02, 00:46  like dislike  Spam?  
Ja, leider ist diese Unsitte auch bei jungen Deutschen verbreitet. Miserables Deutsch bei über 20-Jährigen, die behaupten, das Abitur gemacht zu haben - und dann schreiben alles klein, lassen Satzzeichen aus usw. Wenn ich solche Bewerbungen bekomme, sei es, weil sie als Backpacker ein Zimmer bei mir mieten wollen oder weil sie Arbeit suchen, lasse ich sie generell abblitzen, weil solche Schreibe nach geistiger Unterbemittlung und nach Ärger riecht. Und 15 Tatoos erst recht!
Chat:     
von Iriemon (UN), 2014-09-02, 01:04  like dislike  Spam?  
each to his own ;-)
Chat:     
von callixte, 2014-09-02, 03:19  like dislike  Spam?  71.190.8...
The pity of it all is that the younger generation has been encouraged to write awkward trash in the name of "progressivism."   Fortunately, the charter school movement has arisen here in th USA.  It is spearheaded by clear thinking reactionaries who will, in time, restore grammatical and orthographical order to the unpunctuated chaos engendered by "free" thinking liberals.  The sooner the better.  Isn't that right, atemp?

To each his own?  Balderdash!!!!
Chat:     
A humble proposal.  #767524
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2014-09-02, 11:02  like dislike  Spam?  
Perhaps judicial force could be brought to bear down on those who mangle their native tongue as well as on those who teach them how to do it. For example, a provision such as "behavior in contravention to the wholesome sentiments held by the general populace" could establish punishability outside of and parallel to existing laws. Those convicted of such behavior could be sent to so-called charter camps, where they would receive remedial instruction for however long it takes to make them write properly.
Chat:     
von Iriemon (UN), Last modified: 2014-09-02, 11:04  like dislike  Spam?  
easy for me to say as things aren't quite that bad in Germany. At least, all kids are taught German grammar and spelling at school (whether they take it in is another matter of course).
Chat:     
Iriemon  #767528
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2014-09-02, 11:25  like dislike  Spam?  
More seriously than my previous post: Things aren't all that bad in the U.S. either. You've got to take some of this old folks doom-and-gloom stuff with a grain of salt. I think we forget that we were young once, and that makes us appear angry and fearful at times.
Chat:     
von Iriemon (UN), 2014-09-02, 12:19  like dislike  Spam?  
"Der Untergang des Abendlandes" probably looms more with advancing age...
Chat:     
It does, it does!  #767538
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2014-09-02, 12:56  like dislike  Spam?  
At 71, I often catch myself judging people by how they talk or write even though I know better. Luckily, I work part-time in a business  employing a number of young people. Almost invariably, I find them to be much smarter and sometimes even wiser than I was at their age. And of course, they all have street cred, which I never, ever had or will have.  :-)
Chat:     
von Iriemon (UN), Last modified: 2014-09-02, 12:51  like dislike  Spam?  
my kids (early 20ies) love to remind me that I am OLD and slow, and lack any street cred ;-))
Chat:     
:-)  #767543
von MichaelK (US), 2014-09-02, 12:56  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
von callixte, 2014-09-02, 13:58  like dislike  Spam?  172.56.35...
4;Michael:  I hadn't anticipated support for my conceit, certainly not so swiftly, or from so creditable a poster.
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2014-09-02, 14:54  like dislike  Spam?  
4;callixte: Huh?
Chat:     
Es geht wohl in erster Linie darum  #767566
von rabend (DE/FR), Last modified: 2014-09-02, 15:57  like dislike  Spam?  
dass man sich in jedem Alter bemühen sollte, sich beim Verkehr mit Ausländern oder Nicht-Altersgenossen möglichst standardsprachlich auszudrücken. Wie junge Leute miteinander reden oder wie sie sich schreiben, ist mE ihre Sache. Sie sollten sich aber Menschen aus der Eltern- odrr Großelterngeneration oder gar Ausländern gegenüber so ausdrücken, dass sie verstanden werden. Ebenfalls sollten die Älteren versuchen, sich der Jugend gegenüber so auszudrücken, dass sie es versteht.
Vergessen wir auch nicht, dass Lautverschiebungen oder starke Veränderungen der Sprache zuweilen sehr schnell vonstatten gingen. Eine andere Gesellschaft fordert eine andere Sprache. Die Verschiebung des frz. Lauts [wè] zu [wa] (geschrieben oi) war das Werk einer einzigen Generation und sozialen Schicht... und der französischen Revolution. Und momentan erleben wir eben eine technologische Revolution.
Chat:     
Good post, rabend.  #767572
von MichaelK (US), 2014-09-02, 16:25  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
Danke, MichaelK.  #767573
von rabend (DE/FR), 2014-09-02, 16:37  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
von callixte, 2014-09-02, 16:39  like dislike  Spam?  172.56.35...
4;rabend:  I agree.   I add my opinion:  no one here ought assume the writer of the unpunctuated text incapable of standard orthography, let alone served up a "stupid exercise set by many "progressive" literature teachers and professors." After all, no here hurries to assume atemp is a mis-spelling, or should be capitalized.  
4;Michael:  My prior posting was tongue-in-cheek.  Wasn't yours?
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), 2014-09-02, 16:55  like dislike  Spam?  
4;callixte: Yes, it was. But yours was more subtle and I missed the intent, sorry about that.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten