Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   SK   HU   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   NL   PL   SQ   IS   RU   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Could you proofread this Q/A? Any additional id... »
« afdsa    

English-German Translation of
Please check my GERMAN

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Please check my GERMAN for grammar and clarity  
von goaustin (UN), 2014-09-24, 22:01  like dislike  Spam?  
Context:
This is a letter to the dean’s secretary.  I need a form filled out again that has been rejected several times by the state board due to errors.  I am also responding to some comments the secretary made to me in a letter prior to this one.  I would like to sound very respectful and appreciative of her efforts.
------------------------
Ich bitte um Entschuldigung für die lange Zeit um das L5 Formular zu erledigen.  Ich bin sehr dankbar für Ihre Geduld und Hilfsbereitschaft.  [I do apologize that it is taking so long to fill out this form.  I appreciate your patience and your help very much.]

Ich bin absolut sicher, dass ich das Neurologiepraktikum in Marien Hospital gemacht habe.  Ich habe mindestens zwei Wochen Neurologieausbildung wahrend der Kurse meines Studiums in der uni bekommen.  Zwei Wochen  gelten die Voraussetzungen für den PTAL ab.  Es würde sehr hilfsbereich sein, wenn das akzeptiert ist um die Bewerbung zu vorantreiben.    [I am absolutely certain that the practical in neurology was done at Marien Hospital. I received at least two weeks training in neurology over the course of my training at the university. Two weeks satisfies the requirement.  It would be very helpful for this to be accepted so the application can move forward.]

Ich habe die Daten für Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe korrigiert.  Ich habe eine Kopie der FrauenheilkundeundGeburtshilfekursbeschriebung von der European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) Broschüre gemacht.  Es deutet hin, dass das Praktikum zehn Tage nacheinander pro Semester dauert.   Das ist vier Wochen in zwei Semester.  Ich habe acht Wochen als Praktikantin in Fruaenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe in Marien Hospital gearbeitet.  Ich habe gedacht, dass es eine acht Wochen Voraussetzung gab.  Aber ich errinere mich nicht mit Sicherheit, was die Voraussetzung war.  Es ist auch möglich, dass ich acht Wochen gemacht habe, weil dieses Fach meiner Interessenschwerpunkt ist. [I corrected the dates for obstetrics and gynecology.  I made a copy of the gynecology course description from the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) brochure.  It indicates the practical is 10 days in a row/semester, which is 4 weeks in two semesters.  I did 8 weeks at Marien Hospital.  I thought there was an 8-week requirement.  However, I cannot remember with certainty what the requirement was.  It is possible that the requirement was less, but that I did 8 weeks because obstetrics and gynecology are my main areas of interest.]
Antwort: 
von UncleBob (AT), 2014-09-24, 23:31  like dislike  Spam?  
Ich bitte (vielmals) um Entschuldigung, dass es so lange gedauert hat, das [word order:] Formular L5 auszufüllen.
The "vielmals" (literally "many times") emphasizes the Entschuldigung. You can leave it out, if you wish.
Instead of "das Formular L5 auszufüllen." you could say "das Formular L5 beizubringen." "beibringen" here is simply "to bring it and give it to them" - sort of elevated style, but appropriate here.

Ich bin Ihnen sehr dankbar für Ihre Geduld und Ihre Hilfsbereitschaft.
Don't ask me, why. It's just "style".

More to come - but I do not promise to check it all ;)
Antwort: 
von UncleBob (AT), 2014-09-25, 00:14  like dislike  Spam?  
Next paragraph - I am not sure whether I get the context completely. Sounds like you have attended the Neurologiepraktikum in the Marien-Hospital, but you have lost every documents that could prove that. Right?

Ich bin absolut sicher, dass ich das Neurologiepraktikum im Marien-Hospital gemacht habe.
Check how they spell "Marien-Hospital". I guess there is a hyphen.

Ich habe mindestens zwei Wochen Neurologieausbildung im Laufe meines Studiums an der Uni absolviert.

Zwei Wochen decken die Voraussetzungen für den (?) PTAL ab.
I do not know what "PTAL" is. You will have to check gender.

You write: ... wenn das akzeptiert ist ...
What is "das"? I suppose you are making claims you cannot prove, and you hope they will accept what you say. In this case I'd say:

Es wäre mir ein großes Anliegen, wenn Sie meine Angaben akzeptieren würden. Das würde mir helfen, meine Bewerbung rasch voranzutreiben.

You wanted to say "hilfreich" (helpful) - but who really cares? You'd use hilfreich if you had some interests in common. I suppose this is not the case here. When you say "großes Anliegen", you leave no doubt it is most important for you. It is very respectful and you don't sound like pushing them or something like that.
I replaced "das" by "meine Angaben" - sort of "my statements". Still assuming you do not have any documents.
Chat:     
von goaustin (UN), Last modified: 2014-09-25, 00:32  like dislike  Spam?  
Hi Uncle Bob,  I did practical training in neurology at Marien Hospital.  The secretary believes I did it at the university clinic.  In any case, you are correct in that I'll do anything to have her just sign this form without balking about whether i did 2 weeks or 7 days training.  2 weeks fulfills the requirements I need.  Thank you so much for your help!!!
Antwort: 
von UncleBob (AT), 2014-09-25, 00:57  like dislike  Spam?  
You are welcome, goaustin.

So, when I get it right, the fact, you did it at the Marien-Hospital (and not at the Unversitätsklinik) means you had 2 weeks and not just 7 days training. In this case I'd say:

Ich habe somit mindestens zwei Wochen Neurologieausbildung im Laufe meines Studiums an der Uni absolviert.
therefore, consequently

In the meantime I found a better way to put it for this one:
Es wäre mir ein großes Anliegen, wenn Sie meine Angaben anerkennen würden.
Sort of "to aknowledge" - which is softer than "akzeptieren", but it means the same.
Chat:     
von goaustin (UN), 2014-09-25, 01:18  like dislike  Spam?  
Uncle Bob, It was not exactly 2 weeks, but like I mentioned, 2 weeks meet the requirement and that is what I need.  I am trying to twist her arm a bit to get her to approve the 2 weeks by saying that there was practical training at Marien Hospital as well as all the other times neurology was discussed in the course of my studies at the uni--this last point is, admittedly, weak.  Thanks, again!
Antwort: 
von UncleBob (AT), 2014-09-25, 01:50  like dislike  Spam?  
OK - I will muse about this. To twist is OK, but nobody should be able to accuse you of having said something that is not true.

In the meantime I have prepared this. Can you clarify, please?

In the next paragraph some things are confusing: 4 weeks / 8 weeks? And you definitely do not want to say you can't remember anything. You just do not remember whether the 8 weeks were required. Anyway, you chose to do 8 weeks, because this was your field of interest.

Ich habe die Daten bezüglich Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe korrigiert. Ich lege Ihnen eine Kopie der ECTS-Broschüre (European Credit Transfer System) mit den Informationen zum Kurs über Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe bei. Sie können der Broschüre entnehmen, dass das Praktikum 10 aufeinanderfolgende Tage pro Semester dauert.
"weist darauf hin" means "we don't know for sure". "Sie können der Broschüre entnehmen" means sort of "you can get from the brochure"
Summed up: I enclose a copy of the brochure, so you can see it for yourself.

The next thing is confusing me. Assuming that those 10 days are 2 weeks, these are 4 weeks in 2 semesters - OK.
Das sind vier Wochen in zwei Semestern.

But what do you want to say when you mention those 8 weeks? Is this a new point? I guess I do understand the following text as is - but I do not understand the context 4 weeks vs. 8 weeks.
Antwort: 
von UncleBob (AT), 2014-09-25, 02:11  like dislike  Spam?  
Ich bin absolut sicher, dass ich das Neurologiepraktikum im Marien-Hospital gemacht habe (und nicht an der Universitätsklinik).
The additional "(und nicht ...)" clarifies, that doubts, if any, exist with respect to the location, not regarding whether you have done the training at all.

Des Weiteren habe ich mindestens zwei Wochen Neurologieausbildung im Laufe meines Studiums an der Uni absolviert.
des Weiteren - additionally, furthermore

So, please check: I do not think you make any claims here that are not true. And - the delicate length of the training is not mentioned.
Chat:     
von goaustin (UN), 2014-09-25, 02:12  like dislike  Spam?  
This ECTS brochure was given to me by the previous dean.  Although it was outdated, it described all of the course requirements.  The course description for the 2-semester long ObGyn course states: the practical is 10 days in a row/semester.  Thus, there had been a practical requirement of 20 days, which is 4 weeks.  I did an 8 week practical, and I really thought 8 weeks was the requirement.  But I only have this old course description.  The secretary thinks the requirement was just 2 weeks.  The work was done in 2001--the dark ages before things were saved on computer for easy future reference.
Antwort: 
von UncleBob (AT), 2014-09-25, 02:55  like dislike  Spam?  
OK, I think I have got the 4 weeks / 8 weeks thing.
You are talking about requirements (Voraussetzungen). Requirements are for something else, right? I suppose you and the secretary know what you are talking about, because requirement raises the question "for what?".

I have already prepared something. Re-writing...
Antwort: 
von UncleBob (AT), 2014-09-25, 03:29  like dislike  Spam?  
Ich habe allerdings acht Wochen als Praktikantin in Frauenheilkunde [typo] und Geburtshilfe im Marien-Hospital gearbeitet, weil dieses Fach mein Interessenschwerpunkt ist.
allerdings - nevertheless. I guess you want to emphasize that it have been way more than 4 weeks.

Möglicherweise stellten die acht Wochen damals eine Voraussetzung dar, aber daran erinnere ich mich nicht genau.
Maybe eight weeks were a requirement then, but I do not remember exactly.

I'd omit the last sentence at all. You have made pretty clear that you meet those requirements by all means. Your original text sounds like you thought you had to do 8 weeks. Now that you are not sure any longer, you almost regret that you have spent so much time with it. This is definitely not what you want to communicate.
It sounds much better now, as your first and ultimate reasons were your interest in this subject. Why give rise to any doubts in the second sentence?

I will go to sleep now. I'll check back during daytime, just in case, but basically everything should be fine.
Good luck!
Chat:     
von goaustin (UN), 2014-09-25, 06:27  like dislike  Spam?  
Uncle Bob, Thank you so much!!

Here's my rewrite:

Ich bitte vielmals um Entschuldigung, dass es so lange gedauert hat, das Formular L5 auszufüllen.  Ich bin Ihnen sehr dankbar für Ihre Geduld und Ihre Hilfsbereitschaft.  

Ich bin absolut sicher, dass ich das Neurologiepraktikum im Marien Hospital gemacht habe (und nicht an der Universitätsklinik).  Des Weiteren habe ich mindestens zwei Wochen Neurologieausbildung im Laufe meines Studiums an der Uni absolviert.  Zwei Wochen decken die Voraussetzungen für den PTAL ab.  Es wäre mir ein großes Anliegen, wenn Sie meine Angaben anerkennen würden.  Das würde mir helfen, meine Bewerbung rasch voranzutreiben.  

Ich habe die Daten bezüglich Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe korrigiert.  Ich lege Ihnen eine Kopie der ECTS-Broschüre (European Credit Transfer System) mit den Informationen zum Kurs über Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe bei. Sie können der Broschüre entnehmen, dass das Praktikum 10 aufeinanderfolgende Tage pro Semester dauert.  Das sind vier Wochen in zwei Semestern.  Ich habe allerdings acht Wochen als Praktikantin in Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe im Marien Hospital gearbeitet, weil dieses Fach mein Interessenschwerpunkt ist.  Möglicherweise stellten die acht Wochen damals eine Voraussetzung dar, aber daran erinnere ich mich nicht genau.

Nochmals bin ich Ihnen sehr dankbar für Ihre Geduld und Ihre Hilfsbereitschaft. Ich stehe Ihnen für Hilfe und weitere Auskünfte gern zur Verfügung. Für Ihre Bemühungen bedanke ich mich im Voraus.
Antwort: 
von UncleBob (AT), 2014-09-25, 11:57  like dislike  Spam?  
[1] Nochmals vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe.
[2] Ich stehe Ihnen für weitere Auskünfte gerne zur Verfügung.
[3] Für Ihre Bemühungen bedanke ich mich im Voraus.

I have made [1] shorter, because you repeat almost literally what you have said already. But you can keep your sentence, take mine, or drop it at all.
Ad [2]: Omit the Hilfe. It's not you who can offer help. It's the other way round.
Ad [3]: This one is very good. Keep it as is.

I have checked your re-write. OK.

So again, I hope you will be successful. Good luck!
Chat:     
von goaustin (UN), 2014-09-25, 17:12  like dislike  Spam?  
Thank you, again!  I appreciate your help very much.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung