|   Alle Sprachen   
EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   SK   NL   PT   FI   LA   ES   HU   NO   BG   HR   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   SQ   EL   BS   |   FR   SK   IS   ES   NL   HU   RO   PL   SV   NO   RU   FI   SQ   IT   DA   CS   PT   HR   BG   LA   EO   SR   BS   TR   EL

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|New Website|About|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 he's pawning his dog calls off on me »
« Beherrschung + Eigentlicher Vermerk in Bewertun...    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
im Umfeld des & gerade einmal  
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2014-09-25, 11:18  like dislike  Spam?  
Über alle Operationen hinweg wurde die Liquidität im Bankensektor im Umfeld des ersten TLTRO damit gerade einmal um EUR X Mrd. ausgeweitet.
Across all operations, the liquidity in the banking sector ?surrounding/at the time of? the first TLTRO has thus ?just/now? expanded by EUR X billion.
TLTRO = targeted long-term refinancing operation (a monetary policy measure by the ECB)
Antwort: 
gerade einmal  #771089
von Ivy (DE), Last modified: 2014-09-25, 11:21  like dislike  Spam?  
not more than

dict.cc: gerade einmal

only / just
Antwort: 
Thanks  #771090
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2014-09-25, 11:23  like dislike  Spam?  
So:
Across all operations, the liquidity in the banking sector ?surrounding/at the time of? the first TLTRO has thus expanded by just EUR X billion.
Antwort: 
I don't know what TLTRO is...  #771091
von Ivy (DE), 2014-09-25, 11:28  like dislike  Spam?  
Would this work?

Across all operations, the liquidity in the banking sector associated with the first TLTRO has thus expanded by just ...

dict.cc: Umfeld
(prelast entry)
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2014-09-25, 11:37  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks for the suggestion. The TLTRO is a targeted long-term refinancing operation (a monetary policy measure by the ECB), and it is almost certainly just one of the operations mentioned at the start of the sentence (there have also been LTROs and other monetary policy operations to create liquidity).
I don't think the number they have given is specific to the TLTRO, but is actually a number related to all the operations including the TLTRO, which makes me think "at the time of" (or some similar solution) is probably right if that is a possible translation of "im Umfeld des". "associated with" doesn't seem quite right to me in the context. (Sorry, this is a complex financial text, I was hoping "im Umfeld des"  would have a clear and simple meaning/translation, I should have known better)
Chat:     
Oh dear.  #771093
von Ivy (DE), 2014-09-25, 11:43  like dislike  Spam?  
Good luck.
Chat:     
von Iriemon (UN), Last modified: 2014-09-25, 11:47  like dislike  Spam?  
tricky. Umfeld normally means Umgebung or such like. Influenced by/under the influence/effect of the first TLTRO doesn't really fit but perhaps it'll give you something to work with.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2014-09-25, 11:50  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, Iriemon. Truly tricky. That would suggest "surrounding" was the better word, but I find "at the time of" clearer. it may simply be a word that just about works in the German, but becomes a little less clear if translated with usual translations in English. That happens sometimes. Fortunately the person who will check this is very good and very knowledgeable, so she'll have a good idea, I just wanted to get it right in the first place if I could.
Chat:     
von Iriemon (UN), 2014-09-25, 12:05  like dislike  Spam?  
you're welcome. In English, "at the time of" makes a lot more sense but without further context it is difficult to pin down what they're actually trying to say. Would be interesting to see what the proofreader thinks.
Antwort: 
? in the TLRO sector  #771114
von Proteus-, 2014-09-25, 14:38  like dislike  Spam?  194.118.16....
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2014-09-25, 14:42  like dislike  Spam?  
Sorry, Proteus, that won't work. I think I've accidentally asked a question that requires too much background knowledge for  this forum! For the record, I think it's likely to be one of my first two suggestions ("at the time of" or "surrounding")
Antwort: 
On second thoughts, agree with Ivy. So sorry, can't see what's over-complicated about TLTROs.  #771133
von Proteus-, 2014-09-25, 17:14  like dislike  Spam?  194.118.16....
Across all operations, in the banking sector the liquidity associated with the first TLTRO has thus expanded by just ...
http://economic-research.credit-agricole.com/medias/EF14_45_FD_ECB_...
Antwort: 
LINK  https://www.google.co.uk/#q=%22liquidity+associated+with%22+%22%22+...+  #771138
von Proteus-, 2014-09-25, 19:09  like dislike  Spam?  194.118.16....
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2014-09-26, 11:30  like dislike  Spam?  
In the end I went with "surrounding" and my editor (who is highly knowledgeable in this area and a German native speaker) didn't change it, so I think "surrounding" was a good solution.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2024 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung