Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   FI   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 what does this mean? »
« blechene    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Pump price.  
von Jim46 (US), 2014-12-16, 23:41  like dislike  Spam?  
Gasoline has dipped under $2 a gallon in our area.  That's about 53 cents a liter.
Never thought I'd see that again.
Chat:     
Who would have thought?  #781091
von Catesse (AU), 2014-12-17, 00:40  like dislike  Spam?  
Each year, in August, round about 1968-75, we would take a three-week car and camping trip somewhere - Darwin, Cairns, Alice Springs, Thredbo. As we drove further from Brisbane, the price of petrol would rise from about 28 cents a gallon to ca 50 cents a gallon. Somebody said we should stop complaining, because it would not be long before it was $1 a gallon. Ha, ha. What is it now? $1.50-$1.65 a litre.
Chat:     
von romy (CZ/GB), 2014-12-17, 04:18  like dislike  Spam?  
Seriously, Catesse? Here in South Australia it is currently really low with some 1.10 AUD only per litre. Even 4 cents less if you have a Coles or Woolworth voucher... I'm thinking about filling up a 500l water tank with petrol - only a bit worried about the fire danger. Hmm.
Chat:     
Don't hurry with that idea romy  #781100
von Jim46 (US), 2014-12-17, 04:25  like dislike  Spam?  
Many opinions are, that the crude market has not yet bottomed.
Chat:     
Comparing price developments in Germany  #781110
von migmag (DE), 2014-12-17, 07:26  like dislike  Spam?  
Gasoline per litre

1970: 0,62 DM = 0,32 €
2013: 1,50 €
Increase: x 4.7

Bread per kg

1970: 1,32 DM = 0,67 €
2013: 3,00 €
Increase: 4,47

The gasoline prices in Germany are not beyond the overall price development. I think  the price for gasoline is more discussed than the price for bread because bread is taken for granted.
Chat:     
migmag  #781112
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2014-12-17, 07:50  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.162....
Your price of bread is directly related to the gasoline prices.  While the price of farming and milling the wheat and producing the other ingredients has a delayed influence based on past prices, getting the bread on to your table will be influenced by current rates on the pump.
Chat:     
Lisa4dict  #781121
von migmag (DE), 2014-12-17, 08:22  like dislike  Spam?  
Exactly. In Germany around 20%. Depending on the product this rate may vary.

In Germany the overall rate of increase between 1970 and 2013 is x 2.6. Which means that beside gasoline and bread there must be products with an even lower rate of increase than x 2.6.

From this point I was wrong. The price development for gasoline is beyound the average.

And of course the gasoline price is also an influence factor for most of the other products. Therefore the price increase in countries like the US with relatively low prices fpor gasoline should be below the increase we had in Europe.

Nevertheless I think people have another awarness of gasoline prices than they have on prices for food.
Chat:     
romy  #781122
von Catesse (AU), 2014-12-17, 08:24  like dislike  Spam?  
Today it is as low as $1.24 at some outlets. There is no fixed price here. The garages charge what they think they can get. When I was going to Uni from my previous home, prices along the way varied by 20 cents or more per litre, and they can easily vary by 30 cents from day to day. Traditional wisdom here is to fill up on Wednesday or Thursday in the poorest suburb through which you will be passing.
4; Lisa: Don't forget the cost of transporting the grain, the flour and the finished product. Recent budget proposed raiding the excise on petrol, as it would affect the rich more than the poor, because the poor don't drive cars. But the price of fuel affects the price of food. What do politicians use instead of brains?
Chat:     
Bulk purchase  #781132
von Jim46 (US), 2014-12-17, 11:48  like dislike  Spam?  
For years we saved money by having a gas truck fill a 300 gal. (1140 l.) stand tank at home.
Now it costs more to have it delivered, so the tank sits empty.  A relic of the past.  Who knows,
it may again be useful some day.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten