|   Alle Sprachen   
EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   SK   NL   PT   FI   LA   ES   HU   NO   BG   HR   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   SQ   EL   BS   |   FR   SK   IS   ES   NL   HU   RO   PL   SV   NO   RU   FI   SQ   IT   DA   CS   PT   HR   BG   LA   EO   SR   BS   TR   EL

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|New Website|About|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 them »
« hath proven    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
das Alter am Monatsersten nach Vollendung des 60. Altersjahres  
von Windfall (GB), 2014-12-23, 18:06  like dislike  Spam?  
Literally this is: the age on the first of the month after completion of the 60th year of age.
We don't tend to use that terminology in English so it's a bit confusing for English speakers. Does this mean the same as:
the age on the first of the month after the 60th birthday.?
Antwort: 
Perfect comprehension on your side..  #781749
von washuu-de (DE), 2014-12-23, 18:34  like dislike  Spam?  
German "officials":(Beamten) Language is even painful to read for a native German like me.

Btw. "Altersjahres" is weird. In German it should be "Lebensjahres". Maybe the writer isn't really fit in German ;-)
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2014-12-23, 18:48  like dislike  Spam?  
I think it's probably Swiss German, so perhaps that's the favoured word there. Thanks, I'll go with my version with the birthday so that English speakers don't spend ages trying to work out if that means when they're 59, 60 or 61.
Antwort: 
von washuu-de (DE), 2014-12-23, 19:32  like dislike  Spam?  
I will be hard for me when I have to differentiate between DE,AT and CH-german. I'm just a beginner here.
Next time I'll stress that I only know DE-german and my English is a mixture of American dialects and what I'm learning from watching BBC.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2014-12-23, 20:00  like dislike  Spam?  
Being on the forum longer doesn't really help that :). I've been on it for years and I still failed to tell you it was Swiss German (because I didn't realise there was a difference from German German in this case). That's why Paul introduced the letters after user names so you can see where people originate from - mine's GB, so you get British English from me unless I specify otherwise, and your DE makes me assume you're a native speaker of German German. Btw, it's fine to answer me (and most of the other native English speakers on this forum) in German. I write in English because it's easier and quicker for me.
Antwort: 
Es wird immer Altersjahr statt Geburtstag  #781824
von skadicct (CH), 2014-12-24, 12:30  like dislike  Spam?  
im Zusammenhang mit Renten oder Zulagen verwendet [CH - Schweiz]. Das kommt wohl daher, dass diejenigen, die am 29. Februar Geburtstag haben, nicht soviele Geburtstage haben, bis sie 60 sind, wie die andern Leute.
Der DE-DE Ausdruck Lebensjahr statt Altersjahr macht es auch nicht einfacher: Er starb im 20. Lebensjahr - er war also 19 und etwas.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2014-12-24, 12:39  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, skadicct, that's a good point about birthdays. Perhaps I should go with "reached the age of" instead of "birthdays" as presumably people born on 29 February are legally considered to age at the same rate as the rest of us, whether or not they are legally considered to have a birthday each year. When are people born on 29 February legally considered to reach their next age (e.g. reach the age of 18 and be able to drink) anyway?

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2024 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung