Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   HU   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   IS   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 A strong focus of my work was to... »
« an Österreicher (event. Schweizer?): Obershaube    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
A strong focus of my work was to...  
von equin (UN), 2015-04-04, 19:12  like dislike  Spam?  
For an application I want to express an emphasis of my old work: Is the start to sentence ok, or should I change it to something different like this one?

"An emphasis of my work was to..."
Antwort: 
Depends on audience & context  #795662
von atemp (US), Last modified: 2015-04-04, 20:01  like dislike  Spam?  
Is the "one focus" the one to be most highlighted, the one you're most proud of? Or is it just one of many? Is the emphasis relevant to the audience's interests.

A job or academic application benefits from terms such as achievement or accomplishment -- that is, state what you finished doing, and satisfy the reader's curiosity about whether the results were satisfactory or beneficial.

And plain emphasis can suggest a rather weak involvement, or lack of enthusiasm or focus.

"Strong focus" is a tautology -- by definition a focus is the strong concentration of sth. including effort.

You could say the central focus, but only if there were other, lesser foci.
Antwort: 
von equin (UN), 2015-04-04, 20:09  like dislike  Spam?  
Yes it is the accomplishment I am most proud of and I want to highlight.

I really like the suggestion of "accomplishment", also the "central" is more fitting then "strong". What about this?

"A central accomplishment of my work was to..."
Chat:     
keywords and numbers  #795668
von Lisa4dict loggedout, 2015-04-04, 21:22  like dislike  Spam?  99.11.162....
If it's for business, try to fit in known keywords and hit them with numbers.
instead of
A central accomplishment of my work was to..."
My team/department aided the company in streamlining their communications by X%
Partly due to the new XYZ I participated in setting up our department was able to save up to $$$$ annually.
I applied ZYX to achieve a ... running/flowing twice as fast.

People who are just starting out in their careers often underestimate the powerful tools their company provides in the numbers it publishes and reports internally.  Some of those boring presentations and meetings contain fodder for your next resume.  Keep an ear out for "can I use this?" factoids.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung