|   Alle Sprachen   
EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   SK   NL   PT   FI   LA   ES   HU   NO   BG   HR   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   SQ   EL   BS   |   FR   SK   IS   ES   NL   HU   RO   PL   SV   NO   RU   FI   SQ   IT   DA   CS   PT   HR   BG   LA   EO   SR   BS   TR   EL

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|New Website|About|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 junto »
« hold up    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
das Recht auf wirtschaftliche Entfaltung  
von Windfall (GB), 2015-06-19, 10:55  like dislike  Spam?  
This is a right protected by the Swiss Civil Code (ZGB).
Google
How should I translate "wirtschaftliche Entfaltung"? "financial development"? "economic  growth"? Something else?
Antwort: 
economic process / prospects / trend / growth ..... ???  #805528
von sunfunlili (DE/GB), 2015-06-19, 11:06  like dislike  Spam?  
financial  -  has it (only) to do with money ... ??
Chat:     
Inofficial translation of the Article addressing this (27).  #805532
von MichaelK (US), 2015-06-19, 11:16  like dislike  Spam?  
Article 27  Economic Freedom
(1) Economic freedom is guaranteed.
(2) In particular, it entails the free choice of profession as well as free access to and free exercise of private economic activity.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2015-06-19, 11:22  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, both of you.
4;Michael, so would you recommend "Economic freedom" and also, do you definitely mean Article 27? That's this one:
Art. 27
B. Schutz der Persönlichkeit
I. Vor übermässiger Bindung1
1 Auf die Rechts- und Handlungsfähigkeit kann niemand ganz oder zum Teil verzichten.
2 Niemand kann sich seiner Freiheit entäussern oder sich in ihrem Gebrauch in einem das Recht oder die Sittlichkeit verletzenden Grade beschränken.
1 Fassung gemäss Ziff. I des BG vom 16. Dez. 1983, in Kraft seit 1. Juli 1985 (AS 1984 778; BBl 1982 II 636).
I could definitely also do with a translation of Schutz der Persönlichkeit (I'm doing with "protection of the right of personality" at the moment.
Antwort: 
Sorry, I forgot to add "...in the Swiss Constitution."  #805536
von MichaelK (US), 2015-06-19, 11:29  like dislike  Spam?  
I don't know where this constitutional right is mirrored in the Swiss Civil Code. I would probably use "The right of freely exercising economic activity is a right protected by the...." The Constitution provides, the Civil Code protects.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2015-06-19, 11:34  like dislike  Spam?  
Ah, that explains it. Unfortunately that article refers to Wirtschaftsfreiheit, is that the same thing as "wirtschaftliche Wntfaltung" or am I better off with "economic prospects/growth", which both seem a more direct translation and seem more meaningful to me in English than "economic development" here?
I've found the translation you're referring to and saved it - that looks incredibly useful.
Antwort: 
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2015-06-19, 12:11  like dislike  Spam?  
There's the idea of Persönlichkeitsentfaltung in the German constitution (Jeder hat das Recht auf die freie Entfaltung seiner Persönlichkeit.....), with the term officially translated "free development of his personality." I would stick with "development" in your Swiss context as well if you want to bring the Entfaltung across. It makes it clear that every person has a right to make an effort in that direction.

Your 'prospects' and 'growth' cannot be rights since prospects and growth are beyond your government's control. Even forcefully exercising your right to develop your economic potential, your prospects may be dim and growth may not happen.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2015-06-19, 12:18  like dislike  Spam?  
OK, thank you, development it is.
Antwort: 
In confirmation: right to economic development  #805575
von Proteus-, 2015-06-19, 13:33  like dislike  Spam?  62.116.60...
Chat:     
We here have a right to "pursue happiness." How nice.  #805596
von MichaelK (US), 2015-06-19, 14:13  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
Have you already engaged in hot pursuit today, MichaelK?  #805600
von Proteus-, 2015-06-19, 14:26  like dislike  Spam?  62.116.60...
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), 2015-06-19, 14:30  like dislike  Spam?  
4; Michael, as long as somebody doesn't come along with a gun.....
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2015-06-19, 15:25  like dislike  Spam?  
4;Proteus: I have! I had 2 strips of bacon, two eggs (from the small farm down the road, not supermarket ESOs*) and two cups of fair-trade coffee just a few minutes ago.
4;uffie: How true. Then again, a well-known British band claimed that "Happiness is a warm gun, yes it is!" and they definitely knew what was up.

*ESO = egg-shaped object. A fairly recent way of denigrating something. BSO = bicycle-shaped object > Baumarktfahrrad. Limitless applications for this xSO thing.
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), 2015-06-19, 16:20  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), 2015-06-19, 16:26  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, good to know! I'm old enough to remember Kaffee-Ersatz and Muckefuck, but have to google those to find out what the difference between them was or is.
Chat:     
Muckefuck = memories of "Landschulheim" (in my case)  #805646
von TheTimeLard, 2015-06-19, 17:24  like dislike  Spam?  79.223.23....
See:

Wikipedia(DE): Kaffee%C3%A4hnliches_Getr%C3%A4nk

Probably sounds suspicious to the ears of Anglophones, but no mucker gets molested (only the taste buds).

Anyhow, if I search for "kaffeeähnlich" in dict, the suggestion is "affenähnlich". Isn't this kind of racist?
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), 2015-06-19, 19:23  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2015-06-19, 23:34  like dislike  Spam?  
4;TheTimeLard: I suppose affenähnlich could be racist. But it could also be an insult to apes.
4;uffie: Don't remember any brands of Ersatzkaffee, but I do remember when we had beans again. It was my job to grind them with one of those knee-held grinders.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2024 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung