Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   SK   HU   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   NL   PL   SQ   IS   RU   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 smurfette »
« Inflections    

English-German Translation of
Earthquakes

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Earthquakes  
von Catesse (AU), 2015-08-01, 15:15  like dislike  Spam?  
Queensland is not noted for earthquakes, but we have had a series over the past few days. On Thursday, 30 July, three quakes with a maximum of 5.3. I did not feel any of them; at the time of the largest, I was travelling in the villa shopping bus, and that masks smallish quakes. One on Friday, and four today. maximum 5.7, the largest in the area for nearly a century. Didn't feel those either, but when I saw on TV some of the damage that had been done I went around checking for fallen plaster and stuff fallen off shelves. Zilch. Such quakes are common-place in Japan and New Zealand and other places, but strange here.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-01/second-earthquake-in-two-days...
Speculation: is this the end of the series, or just the beginning of one?
I have experienced only one quake - the Cadoux quake of 1979, when I was visiting my parents in Perth. Eerie feeling. A bit like being at sea in a storm. Where has the floor gone? It was under my feet a few minutes ago.
Chat:     
von Jim46 (US), 2015-08-01, 16:52  like dislike  Spam?  
I hope they remain small.
Chat:     
von Jim46 (US), 2015-08-02, 04:00  like dislike  Spam?  
The 'roos there must be bewildered.  Frozen feet one week, earth shaking the next.
Chat:     
Roos  #811020
von Catesse (AU), 2015-08-02, 06:23  like dislike  Spam?  
The effects of the earthquakes were confined to a fairly narrow strip of coastline, while the roos live mainly inland. If there were no newspapers or TV, most people would not have known that there had been earthquakes, even though they were moderately strong and not far offshore. There are different types of quakes, and some landforms are more affected than others.  
No tsunami; not even a noticeable ripple.
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), 2015-08-02, 09:23  like dislike  Spam?  
in this day and age we hear about events as they happen from all corners of the globe. Glad you weren't affected.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung