Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EO   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   PT   FI   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Football »
« das Leitwerk (Bauwerk zur Führung einfahrender ...    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Football  
von Jim46 (US), 2015-11-01, 16:10  like dislike  Spam?  
While waiting for my Sunday NFL game at noon, I was surprised to see two of our teams
playing live in London at 9 am. here.  The stadium looks filled to capacity.  Evidently this effort
is growing, as I've never seen any such games on a non-sports (paid subscription) channel before.
Is it available to watch for free there?

Wikipedia(EN): NFL_International_Series
Chat:     
von Windfall (GB), 2015-11-01, 16:55  like dislike  Spam?  
I found my husband watching a game of American football taking place between two US teams being played in the UK on TV recently, so I'm guessing yes, as we don't subscribe to any sports channels. I remember thinking it was too cold for what the cheerleaders were wearing (fundamentally bikinis, and the pompoms didn't look like they added much additional warmth). American football has been shown on TV in the UK for many years.
Chat:     
Thanks  #822502
von Jim46 (US), 2015-11-01, 17:06  like dislike  Spam?  
I hope more learn to like it there, becoming acquainted with the various strategies and the
remarkable talent of some of the players.
Chat:     
Windfall  #822504
von Jim46 (US), 2015-11-01, 17:40  like dislike  Spam?  
Here we have "football widows".  Every Sunday during football season, they have no
functioning husband.  :-)
Chat:     
von Windfall (GB), 2015-11-01, 17:42  like dislike  Spam?  
The phrase in use over here is "golf widows", but I guess you can lose a husband to any sport.
Chat:     
American football  #822506
von Sigvald Speckseite, 2015-11-01, 18:50  like dislike  Spam?  91.16.164...
I never heard of bunches of hooligans at an Am. Football event. In Europe's upper soccer leagues hundreds of Cops have to guarantee security to normal visitors. Are american spectators all peace-angels or more disciplined in big crowds ? I would like to attend a big event  in such a friendly atmosphere.
Chat:     
Hooligans  #822508
von Jim46 (US), 2015-11-01, 19:30  like dislike  Spam?  
I don't understand why that happens there.  It rather ruins the event.  Perhaps our hooligans
prefer more exciting activities, such as shooting each other and causing other mayhem.
Chat:     
Football  #822527
von Sigvald Speckseite, 2015-11-01, 21:39  like dislike  Spam?  91.16.164...
What is going on over here is very simple. Some sick brains who call themselves extreme fans of a soccer-club organize an extreme fanclub and see fans of other clubs as personal enemies. At the next game they
look for each other to start a fight. I think, if there weren't soccer games they would look for other events to
begin a fight (doesn't matter, if there are no other fan-groups available then the police-force may play the enemy-part)
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), Last modified: 2015-11-02, 02:58  like dislike  Spam?  
hooligans have nothing at all to do with football (soccer) fans. I know this for a fact.
Chat:     
Hooligans  #822548
von Catesse (AU), Last modified: 2015-11-02, 04:02  like dislike  Spam?  
The football hooligans are a British form of the universal brutal misfits who enjoy violence and will use any excuse to indulge in it. The excuse may be politics, religion, race, whatever. Storm troopers, ISIS, Ku Klux Klan or the local bikies.
Chat:     
von uffie (GH/KI), 2015-11-02, 04:14  like dislike  Spam?  
not just in the UK, they are all over the world, basic tribalism.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten