|   Alle Sprachen   
EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   SK   NL   PT   FI   LA   ES   HU   NO   BG   HR   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   SQ   EL   BS   |   FR   SK   IS   ES   NL   HU   RO   PL   SV   NO   RU   FI   SQ   IT   DA   CS   PT   HR   BG   LA   EO   SR   BS   TR   EL

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|New Website|About|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Administrative Clarification Letter »
« spoliation (of evidence) - Beweisvereitelung    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Sorgen nehmen  
von Windfall (GB), 2016-02-25, 16:31  like dislike  Spam?  
Does "um Sorgen zu nehmen" mean something along the lines of "to address concerns"/"to deal with worries"
For instance:
Das Vertrauen hat nicht gelitten, aber wir haben gesehen, dass wir mehr kommunizieren müssen, um Sorgen zu nehmen
Google: "um sorgen zu nehmen"
I don't think we can say "to take worries" or even "to take away worries" for this in English (I might be wrong about the latter, but "to take worries" sounds to me like the start of "take your worries and do X with them", which isn't what the German appears to mean)
Antwort: 
to dispel?  #835494
von melli66 (DE), 2016-02-25, 16:44  like dislike  Spam?  
Antwort: 
von uffieee, 2016-02-25, 16:52  like dislike  Spam?  63.143.116....
yes, to dispel any concerns
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2016-02-25, 16:55  like dislike  Spam?  
Lovely, thank you. Is that a general enough translation that I can put it in the dict?
Chat:     
By all means, please put it in the dict, Windfall.  #835525
von Proteus-, 2016-02-25, 19:50  like dislike  Spam?  62.47.203...
Chat:     
von uffieee, 2016-02-25, 21:37  like dislike  Spam?  63.143.116....
yes, I would have thought so. BTW the German sentence sounds a little unusual to my ears. Swiss?
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2016-02-26, 09:50  like dislike  Spam?  
My sentence probably wasn't Swiss, but I just got that one off the Internet as an example (mind you, even with my texts, just because the text comes from a German company, that's no guarantee that the employee who wrote it wasn't Swiss or Austrian).
Chat:     
von uffiee, 2016-02-26, 23:50  like dislike  Spam?  63.143.114....
Sorgen in a business context is somewhat unusual and IMHO bad style....
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2016-02-27, 10:13  like dislike  Spam?  
4;uffie, "Sorgen" gets used a lot in a business context. Analysts tend not to write in particularly formal language in either German or English. The idea is to make the texts as interesting and readable as possible. People who have to read a lot in a day (analysts) find it easier to take in information if the style is interesting and strongly relates to everyday language rather than being very stiff, formal and polite. For instance, some analysts quote a lot from movies and songs.
Chat:     
von uffiee, 2016-02-27, 15:59  like dislike  Spam?  63.143.116...
thanks for that info Windfall. Perhaps I should have defined 'business context' more clearly i.e. in language used by businesses in a formal context, not in-house. Financial analysts live in their own world ;-)
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2016-02-27, 16:55  like dislike  Spam?  
4;uffie, it depends what you mean by "in-house". The analyst stuff I'm talking about is often written for investors to read, especially ones outside the company - for instance institutional investors, but it is typically analysts describing the market and making investment recommendations rather than describing their own company in an annual report.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2024 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung