Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EL   EO   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   FI   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Dual or triplet system »
« eigentümerlos    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Dual or triplet system  
von uschi-ch (CH), 2016-09-08, 21:30  like dislike  Spam?  
Our Swiss educational system is pretty popular, it has turned from the dual system to the triplet ??? system:
1) visiting the vocational school 2) working as a trainee in a company and new is the inter-company trainings (überbetriebliche Kurse). My question is:
Is "triplet" the right expression here?

Thanks
Ursula
Antwort: 
a three-tier model ?  #853663
von anon., 2016-09-08, 21:37  like dislike  Spam?  77.10.99....
Antwort: 
oder: three-part model  #853664
von anon., 2016-09-08, 21:48  like dislike  Spam?  77.10.99....
Antwort: 
Triple would also work.  #853666
von Lllama (GB/AT), 2016-09-08, 22:21  like dislike  Spam?  
...1) attending (a) vocational school; 2) working as a trainee/apprentice(?) in/at a company; and, the new part, 3) inter-company training/courses/training courses.

I'm not sure about 'inter-company', it doesn't really say anything to me here and without further research, I wouldn't have known what was meant.
Wikipedia(DE): Berufliche_Grundbildung
Wikipedia(DE): %C3%9Cberbetriebliche_Kurse
Antwort: 
überbetrieblich  #853672
von uschi-ch (CH), 2016-09-09, 08:28  like dislike  Spam?  
thanks, another question, Lllama you said something about überbetrieblich, isn't it inter-Company training,

eg. polymechanics also visit classes now: e.g. learn how to mill, drill, weld, grind but neither at the vocational school, nor in their Company, this makes the third part of their education.

Any other good expressions for überbetrieblich?
Thanks, Ursula
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2016-09-09, 09:40  like dislike  Spam?  
4;uschi, I think you may mean "in-company training" or maybe "company work placement" or "industry work placement" (in the latter two, it implies that you are learning by working, and it's understood by the company training you that you are there to learn as well as work (it might even have a specific training scheme you learn through). Google
inter-company means between companies, so that's not right.
4;Lllama, does "in-company"mean the right thing to you? This strikes me as similar to a sandwich course http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/sandwich-course
I don't think we should say "on-the-job training" because I think that implies you are working first and adding some training to your work, not adding a work placement to your training. What do you think of my other suggestions?
Antwort: 
überbetrieblich  #853675
von uschi-ch (CH), 2016-09-09, 09:49  like dislike  Spam?  
4;Windfall

inter-Company means zwischenbetrieblich and it is neither in the company nor in the vocational school, it is a course which is officially hold in a workshop at another school. I think the expression on-the-job training really also makes sense. Then finally the whole training is the three-part model.
I don't mean in-Company training because it does not take part in the training company where the apprentices have the training contract with.
Ursula
Antwort: 
von Lllama (GB/AT), Last modified: 2016-09-09, 10:01  like dislike  Spam?  
I'm not sure about in-company training. I imagine more that the company gets someone to come in and train people on-site - from the first page of hits in the google link: In-company training is when we bring our courses to you; Our In-Company Training service brings the Publishing Training Centre to you; Almost all of our training courses can be delivered in-house at your company premises.

But company and industry work placement are good for the second part.

4;uschi - überbetrieblich - is the emphasis on the fact that the courses are organised by/for more than one company or that the subjects of the courses aren't directly part of the job the trainees are learning?

From Wiki:
+ Überbetriebliche Kurse finden an einem dritten Lernort statt. Sie dienen dem Erwerb und der Vermittlung von grundlegenden Fertigkeiten und finden meist in Ausbildungszentren der ODA's (Organisationen der Arbeitswelt) oder in innerbetrieblichen Lehrwerkstätten statt.+
And ...dienen dem Erwerb grundlegender beruflicher Fertigkeiten...können sowohl Fachwissen vermitteln als auch die Lehre als solche reflektieren.

Edit - I started writing before seeing the last answer.
Antwort: 
extra-company (vocational) training?  /  with an external training provider ?  #853677
von anon., 2016-09-09, 10:05  like dislike  Spam?  77.10.73...
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2016-09-09, 10:28  like dislike  Spam?  
4;uschi, can you give us a specific example of the überbetrieblich part. Would it, for instance, be trainee plumbers training at a training site that was the premises neither of the college nor of a plumbing company, but the premises of a third-party provider, but with someone from a plumbing company coming in to provide the training?
Antwort: 
überbetrieblich  #853679
von uschi-ch (CH), 2016-09-09, 10:37  like dislike  Spam?  
Yes, this is clearly a good description, it doesn't matter where the third course takes place, either in a school building or in a company, it is namely somewhere where the ük-trainers have the machines, tools and space ready. There the trainees learn specific things within their programmes and then finally have to complete their unit with a final test. These locations are then officially called a ük-training location for the three-part of their training.
Uschi
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2016-09-09, 10:49  like dislike  Spam?  
Oh, goodness! I don't think we have anything like that, so I don't think we have a name for it. Or if we do have that, it's not something that was ever offered to me! Maybe: "training by industry professionals". That makes it clear that you're getting trained by someone who does the job, rather than someone who doesn't do the job themselves (any more) but is instead (now) a teacher (or never did the job and was a teacher right from the start). It doesn't specify where the training is carried out (which is a good thing, as there's more than one option here), but doesn't make you assume that it is done at the company. 4;Lllama, what do you think?
Antwort: 
überbetrieblich  #853681
von uschi-ch (CH), 2016-09-09, 11:01  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, not every country has the same model, I call it inter-company training, 4;windfall: you make it a little bit confusing, thanks anyway, I take inter-company training it fits the most. Have a nice day.
Ursula
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2016-09-09, 12:03  like dislike  Spam?  
4;uschi, you can do that if you like, so long as you are clear that no one will understand "inter-company training" to mean anything like what you've explained (they probably won't be clear what it might mean at all and will probably, if anything, think it's where companies send each other their employees for training in each other's companies on some sort of exchange or where several companies have a joint training day). On the plus side, it's not nearly as bad as translating a sandwich course as a "Butterbrotkurs".
Antwort: 
von uschi-ch (CH), 2016-09-09, 16:16  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks again, it's even in this dict: inter-company vocational training, I have found it.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2016-09-09, 16:39  like dislike  Spam?  
That was entered by 3 native German speakers on the basis of Googling, but I understand why you would want to use it anyway.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten