Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   SK   NL   HU   FI   LA   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   ES   IS   RU   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 conversation »
« Legal text    

English-German Translation of
Shame over Trump s

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Shame over Trump's Election  
von polarjud (US), 2016-11-10, 04:32  like dislike  Spam?  
For my international friends, I would like to share my deep shame over America's vote.  I voted for Hillary.
Chat:     
Elections continued  #858107
von Catesse (AU), 2016-11-10, 05:12  like dislike  Spam?  
I expected to see my American neighbour come over yesterday shaking with anger and disgust, but she is quite likely still curled up in bed sobbing. Quite a few American long-term residents of Australia, who had not taken out Australian citizenship, or even dual nationality, are saying that they now want nothing more to do with America. For those who missed earlier discussions see: #857949 and #858056.
I suspect that few Americans have any idea of the international repercussions that this will cause. And even fewer would care. After 1945, Britain had to get used to the idea that the Empire was going, going, gone. America will have to come to terms with the fact that, former industrial and military might notwithstanding, she has only about 4.5% of the world's population. Both India and China have more than one billion more people than the USA. America's hegemony is passing, like it or not, and the future belongs to Asia. Get used to it and plan to cope with it.
Chat:     
Population  #858109
von Catesse (AU), 2016-11-10, 05:28  like dislike  Spam?  
Not really related to the topic, but very interesting. Especially the median age of the population. From 47 in Japan to 15 in Niger. There must have been a terrible death rate there, but a lot of people are coming into breeding age.
Chat:     
von Jim46 (US), Last modified: 2016-11-10, 06:33  like dislike  Spam?  
We had a couple good 3rd party candidates, but they are shut out and usually underfunded.
It takes big money to win.  The two worst candidates had, or could get, the necessary money.

Edit:  We have a good VP now at least.  Pence did good things in Indiana.
Chat:     
Pence  #858113
von Catesse (AU), 2016-11-10, 06:57  like dislike  Spam?  
Like letting anybody have as many guns as (s)he wanted?
Chat:     
Promises are just that: promises  #858119
von migmag (DE), Last modified: 2016-11-10, 07:51  like dislike  Spam?  
Build a wall between USA and Mexico
Entry ban for Muslims
New NAFTA

Nothing of this will really happen. remember Obama who wanted to close Guantanamo and failed.
Politics isn't that easy as Trump may think. And the "Establishment" he condemned will only be replaced by an other "Estalishment". As long we have democratically elected governments there will be a kind of "Establishment". That's just a part of the game. Trump managed it to convince the people that an "Establishment" is something evil.  We are all curios how he will explain his "Establishment" in 3 or 4 years.
Chat:     
Pence  #858123
von Yuh, 2016-11-10, 09:00  like dislike  Spam?  91.21.107....
In case no one looked it up (which probably nobody did), here's the quote from Thomas R. Marshall (Vice President from 1909 - 1913 who came from Indiana): "Indiana is the mother of Vice Presidents; home of more second-class men than any other state". Also: One of his favorite jokes was about a woman with two sons, one of whom went to sea and one of whom was elected vice president; neither was ever heard of again.

I always liked the Hoosier state, because Kurt Vonnegut (jr.) is among my favorite writers, but I guess his kind is gone.

Many people had high hopes when Adolf Hitler rose to power. He was greeted as a new savior. Since Trump is a narcissist, he will never admit in doing something wrong. So he will have to find another minority to blame for his failures. Since the Latino population is not really a minority, he will have to find others for his angry mob to kill.

At least, I know now why tech companies are so desperately researching Artificial Intelligence. The natural resources seem very scarce.
Chat:     
migmag  #858134
von Catesse (AU), 2016-11-10, 09:55  like dislike  Spam?  
I am curious about whether he will still be around in three years to be asked for an explanation.
Chat:     
Catesse: you think the FBI will take care of this issue ;)  #858139
von migmag (DE), 2016-11-10, 11:16  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
von uffiee, 2016-11-10, 11:17  like dislike  Spam?  80.144.102...
found some interesting thoughts about the election. https://medium.com/@trentlapinski/dear-democrats-read-this-if-y...
Chat:     
Brava, uffie, brava! Quelle trouvaille!  #858166
von Proteus-, 2016-11-10, 13:59  like dislike  Spam?  194.96.44....
Chat:     
migmag  #858168
von Catesse (AU), 2016-11-10, 14:07  like dislike  Spam?  
Take care of it the way they did with JFK?
Chat:     
uffie  #858173
von Jim46 (US), 2016-11-10, 14:21  like dislike  Spam?  
I think Lapinski has it nailed.
Chat:     
von uffiee, 2016-11-10, 14:33  like dislike  Spam?  80.144.102...
thank you P.
Yes, Jim, I think he has a real point with his "echo chambers". Google and Facebook only show us results based on previous searches and likes. But you can counter this to a certain extend by ignoring them and conversing with real people.
Chat:     
von uffiee, 2016-11-10, 14:33  like dislike  Spam?  80.144.102...
*extent
Chat:     
von Jim46 (US), Last modified: 2016-11-10, 15:02  like dislike  Spam?  
Trump won because people voted AGAINST Clinton.  This is the weakness of a 2-party system.
So we will see what happens.  I'm not in a state of dread, as some are.

Edit:  The Australian stock market is back up, and the Dow may open at a record level this morning.
        No problems there.
Chat:     
Catesse pssst. This is of course a secret ;)  #858194
von migmag (DE), 2016-11-10, 15:56  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
Jim  #858239
von Catesse (AU), 2016-11-11, 01:22  like dislike  Spam?  
It was obvious that if Trump won there would be a drop in share prices followed by a rise, the question being "how far". It was also likely that, if Clinton had won, there would have been a rise followed by a drop. For a smart trader with a lot of money, there was a fortune to be made over the past few days. (I am a holder, not a trader.)
Chat:     
Yes  #858244
von Jim46 (US), 2016-11-11, 02:22  like dislike  Spam?  
It was also predictable that gold would do the opposite.
I'm short on both ingredients -- the smarts and the money!  :-)

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung