Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   SK   HU   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   NL   PL   SQ   RU   IS   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 explanation »
« Most special of special relationships: the Dutc...    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
explanation  
von Cactus (DE/US), Last modified: 2017-01-24, 20:44  like dislike  Spam?  
The whole world was upset because SNL called Barron Trump "the first homeschool shooter."

What is a homeschool shooter and how would you translate it into German?

Thanks. I have no clue.

UTube only talks about it, but does not say what it is.I checked the Internet. It is full of it. But what is a "homeschool shooter."  Listening and reading about --- I still don't know what it is. Is there a translation?
Chat:     
Most special of special relationships: the Dutch and Mr Trump?  #863528
von Proteus-, 2017-01-24, 20:13  like dislike  Spam?  193.81.118...
Antwort: 
von aphoenix (US), Last modified: 2017-01-24, 21:16  like dislike  Spam?  
Home-schooled means taught at home rather than in school.
Someone reading the sentence fragment would assume that it meant the child would be emotionally warped by some experience and then go on to become notorious for shooting innocent people.    The "humor" involved would be that people who home school their children are assumed to be very concerned with their children's well-being, whereas it is often assumed that for someone to become a killer, there must have been something wrong with their childhood, ergo, with their parents.  (Please recognize this as an explanation of the supposed humor not a statement of personal belief of any sort.)
Chat:     
homeschool shooter  #863530
von Cactus (DE/US), 2017-01-24, 20:53  like dislike  Spam?  
I know what homeschooling means and I know what a shooter is. What I don't understand is a homeschool shooter.
A shooter who was homeschooled?
I just don't get it.
I don't get the point of it all?
Antwort: 
von aphoenix (US), Last modified: 2017-01-24, 21:21  like dislike  Spam?  
yes, a shooter who was homeschooled.  I've tried simplifying my explanation.  Beyond that, I don't know that there's anything to get.  (Other than not to tweet and not to make sick jokes while tweeting if you do.)
Chat:     
S o r r y   f o r   t h e   i n t r u s i o n   #863528  #863533
von Proteus-, 2017-01-24, 21:55  like dislike  Spam?  193.81.118...
Chat:     
homeschool shooter  #863534
von Cactus (DE/US), 2017-01-24, 21:55  like dislike  Spam?  
Sorry,  "about not getting it" --- I didn't refer to your response and explanation but to the loud ado in the media.  Barron isn't even homeschooled.
Again, sorry about the misunderstanding.
Chat:     
von Dain, 2017-01-24, 22:02  like dislike  Spam?  46.90.146...
Personally, I think that minors should be off-topic. On the other hand, the boy's father (the Fortunate Son of Christ, i.e. Fred Christ Trump) turned American politics into Reality TV. You always reap what you saw. For the record: Off course, Barron visits a private school (probably one where no brown people are allowed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIelqxi8Ngo
Antwort: 
von aphoenix (US), Last modified: 2017-01-24, 22:06  like dislike  Spam?  
4;Cactus, oh, ok.  Sorry for my misunderstanding!  I just figured I'd been too longwinded.  No harm done on my side.
Chat:     
von aphoenix (US), 2017-01-24, 22:05  like dislike  Spam?  
4;Proteus, the video was hilarious, definitely meritted an entry of it's own.
Antwort: 
von aphoenix (US), Last modified: 2017-01-24, 22:10  like dislike  Spam?  
4;Dain,  "sow", not "saw".
Antwort: 
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2017-01-25, 11:27  like dislike  Spam?  
4;Cactus: It's a play on the word "school shooter," which for obvious and sad reasons is universally known in the U.S. Coming up with new word "homeschool shooter" was supposed to be amusingly clever. Since Barron Trump is not being home-schooled, the quip fails miserably even on the most basic level.
Chat:     
von asf, 2017-01-25, 10:56  like dislike  Spam?  87.79.152....
From what I read, SNL didn't call Barron Trump a "homeschool scooter". An author working for the show did that in a tweet on her private account. She now got fired from the show for doing that. Freedom of speech does not imply having a job or beeing able to find a new one.
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), 2017-01-25, 12:06  like dislike  Spam?  
Correct, asf. "SNL called Barron Trump etc. etc...."  is untrue.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung