Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IS   IT   CS   DA   FI   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 dem aktuellsten Stand der Technik entsprechen »
« to pan (into sb.)    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
dem aktuellsten Stand der Technik entsprechen  
von Windfall (GB), 2017-07-14, 17:36  like dislike  Spam?  
Die Hardware muss jedoch stets dem aktuellsten Stand der Technik entsprechen.
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=7zkoDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA164&l...
What does this mean in practice? The hardware must be the latest technology? The hardware must correspond to the latest state of the art? The sentence feels to me like it simply means "The hardware must, however, always be up-to-date" (i.e. don't go using Windows 98 computers).
Antwort: 
http://www.linguee.com/german-english/translation/aktuellsten+stand...  #874072
von goog1, 2017-07-14, 17:39  like dislike  Spam?  62.155.22...
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-07-14, 17:42  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, goog. I was actually asking because Linguee offered so many options that appear to mean different things in English. How do you feel about "comply with the latest technical standards"
Antwort: 
Vielleicht so:  #874075
von goog1, 2017-07-14, 17:59  like dislike  Spam?  62.155.22...
Antwort: 
https://www.google.co.uk/#q=%22must+be+absolutely+state+of+the+art%22  #874076
von goog1, 2017-07-14, 18:00  like dislike  Spam?  62.155.22...
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-07-14, 18:14  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, goog1. "must be absolutely state of the art" would mean "the very, very latest possible version", as in you'd probably have to replace it every couple of months, if not every couple of days. Is that what the German means to you?
"State of the art"  is a pretty strong term in English:
The most recent stage in the development of a product, incorporating the newest ideas and the most up-to-date features.
Example sentences
1.1Incorporating the newest ideas and the most up-to-date features.
‘a new state-of-the-art hospital’
While the computer I'm writing this on is up to date in the sense that it's capable of running Windows 10 etc., it's several years old and no longer state of the art. In fact, I have the suspicion that it wasn't even state of the art when I bought it new, as I chose a mid-priced model, rather than one with all the latest features.
Antwort: 
von alex-k (DE), Last modified: 2017-07-15, 01:56  like dislike  Spam?  
In this quoted phrase, the hardware should be reasonably up-to-date at the time of purchase. This doesn't mean it needs to be the best and the latest but it shouldn't run a 5yo processor and include spinning hard drives. Legalese paints here with a broader brush than state-of-the-art. That would be more "auf dem neusten Stand." Your computer may be "auf dem aktuellsten Stand der Technik" because it runs Windows 10 and doesn't set itself ablaze in the process.
Chat:     
von uffiee, 2017-07-15, 08:35  like dislike  Spam?  80.144.127....
agree with alex
incorporates all the latest technology
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2017-07-15, 15:04  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, alex-k and uffiee. "state of the art" felt wrong to me, but it kept coming up in dictionaries. I think I'll probably go with "must correspond to the latest state of technology" unless someone has a reason why that's wrong. I like it for being relatively literal, but still comprehensible and pretty natural sounding in English.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten