Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   IT   FR   PT   HU   NL   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EL   EO   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   ES   NO   SV   IT   CS   DA   PT   IS   HR   FI   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen | Desktop

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 'Oh, I know what you all mean: monks.' Them's... »
« Was ist Ihre Meinung?    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Bedeutung  
von Safina (UN), 2017-08-03, 15:59  like dislike  Spam?  
Ich bin zurzeit auf der Suche nach einer Anstellung und bewerbe mich bei Ihnen als bla bla bla

Does this mean I am currently unemployed ? I do not want to mean that
Antwort: 
Yes it does.  #875468
von Baccalaureus (DE), 2017-08-03, 16:14  like dislike  Spam?  
If you want to change your employer, you would say something "Ich bin auf der Suche nach einer neuen Herausforderung."
Antwort: 
I thought it would ! Thanks for your help :)  #875497
von Safina (UN), 2017-08-04, 07:52  like dislike  Spam?  
Chat:     
but  #875514
von dhk (DE), 2017-08-04, 11:25  like dislike  Spam?  
"Ich bin auf der Suche nach einer neuen Herausforderung." ist so chlichè and meaningless, I'd rather avoid it. Same for "suche einen neuen Wirkungskreis".
As a matter of fact, the part with "bewerbe mich bei Ihnen" gives all the information already. If you also want to convey that you are currently employed you might want to add "In ungekündigter Stellung,..."
Antwort: 
von MartinKr, 2017-08-04, 15:56  like dislike  Spam?  37.58.58....
4;Safina, listen to what dhk told you - don´t go with cliche type of formulations, it is way better to be straight forward with a German employer. So in your email or "Anschreiben", simply start like this:

Sehr geehrter Damen und Herren,

hiermit bewerbe ich mich als <Stellenbeschreibung> in Ihrem Unternehmen.

Now one (or two short) paragraphs where you display two things: 1. you like this job / think you are qualified and motivated, and 2. display that you have closely read the "Stellenausschreibung".

After that, ofter feedback if the employer has a question and express your desire for a "Bewerbungsgespräch" - thats it.
Chat:     
von uffiee, 2017-08-04, 16:51  like dislike  Spam?  80.144.119...
I would also do some research on your prospective employer and comment on one aspect of the company's activities/philosophy/profile.
Antwort: 
Sure I will do some research  #875686
von Safina (UN), 2017-08-06, 19:34  like dislike  Spam?  
But maybe because I am not German, I find the sentence "Ich bin auf der Suche nach einer neuen Herausforderung und bewerbe mich bei Ihnen als Projektleiterin." really nice and it shows dynamism does it not?
Chat:     
Sure...  #875692
von dhk (DE), 2017-08-06, 19:59  like dislike  Spam?  
there's nothing wrong with the phrase per se.
But if it appears, together with it's cousin ("neuer Wirkungskreis") in 75% of job seekers' ads, what does it tell you?
For me, it is "This guy just follows the beaten tracks. No originality, no personality, does everything like everybody else does.
Or, worse, thinks she/he can't be bothered to think about a way to introduce himself/herself other than clichè. Well, why should I bother to read further?".
Antwort: 
I think the sentence I was to actually make is even more cheesy my friend  #875694
von Safina (UN), Last modified: 2017-08-06, 20:15  like dislike  Spam?  
This is what I would really say (And that is the truth)

Ich habe Ihr Jobangebot von der Job-Agentur erhalten und ich muss zugeben, das ich meinen Traumberuf gefunden habe.

Heutigentags arbeite ich nämlich schon als Projekt Koordinatorin im Industriebereich und ich weiß nicht nur, dass ich Kompetenz habe, aber es ist auch etwas, dass ich gerne mache.

I am sure the German is terrible sorry guys  Anyway, even if you guys corrected the sentence, I think Germans are not used to this kind of talking for a job application correct?
Chat:     
Some answers:  #875706
von dhk (DE), 2017-08-07, 07:05  like dislike  Spam?  
First off, what is OK, Desirable or No-no in the cover letter certainly depends on the line of business and company you're targeting. What is OK for an accountant job will be sorted out immediately in a more creative setting (graphic designer, for instance). And, of course, the other around.
Having said this, I assume we're talking a project coordinator job in a medium to large company. If I were the HR guy scanning your application here's what my reactions would be:
- Reading the "Verantwortungsbereich"-phrase: "Well, this is so cliché, I don't see the person behind the phrase. I want an authentic statement, not some cookie cutter verbage. Unless this IS authentic, meaning the person's entire life is clichè. Which doesn't exactly qualify her for a job where you need to work with many different people...
- Reading the "Traumberuf"-part: "Well, one can say that after one has worked a year in a position, having experienced all the quirks we didn't mention in the job description. Either the "Traumberuf" is some kind of bootlicking here (not good) or the applicant is prone to premature assessments, maybe over-zealous (worse for this kind of job).
- What's more, by stating this is your Traumberuf, you needlessly threw awayall bargaining power when it comes to money, working conditions or extra perks. Negotiation skills: Zero.
Generally speaking, German job application processes are a game, pretty much like in other countries/cultures. But the rules are maybe a bit more formal: Be authentic, be matter-of-factly, but not over-enthusiastic. Display your strengths, but never (never!) exaggerate them.

As for the last sentence, here's a "correction":

Ich arbeite heute als als Projektkoordinatorin in der Industrie. Daher kann ich meine Kompetenz in diesem Bereich einschätzen und weiß auch, dass mir diese Arbeit liegt (oder: "dass ich diese Arbeit gerne mache").

Good luck!

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2019 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr Informationen!
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten