Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   SK   HU   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   IS   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Ignore »
« Zweigniederlassung unter gleicher Firma mit Zus...    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
not to lead astray  
von screena (UN), 2018-06-29, 15:35  like dislike  Spam?  
Hello dear all,
can I write:
- However, not to lead astray: …        
or: However,  not to leave a misleading trace: ...

- Having recorded the natural use of the term … , I think, is a notable merit of the paper.      
Or: To record the natural use of the term …… , I think, is a notable merit of the paper.

And are my comma decisions (et al.) ok?
- In the Kantian approach (1790), different phenomena obtain different names.
- Beauty permeated with the sensuous is called impure.
- Sensations are, what the faculty of sensibility – a receptive opposed to a spontaneous faculty –  receives from the object.

Thanks for saving me, Screena
Antwort: 
I think no one has answered because it's not clear what you want to say.  #893293
von Lllama (GB/AT), 2018-06-29, 23:28  like dislike  Spam?  
Your two however sentences aren't right, but I would need more information to try to correct them - the sentences before and after and/or the German original.

I'm not sure what you mean by natural use (of the term), but that could be due to my ignorance of Kantian philosophy.
A suggestion: One of the (main/notable) merits of the paper is (the fact) that it records the natural use of the term ...

Commas:
In the Kantian approach (1790), different phenomena are given different names. <comma optional>
Beauty permeated with the sensuous is called impure. <ok>
Sensations are what the faculty of sensibility – a receptive opposed to a spontaneous faculty –  receives from the object. <no comma>
Antwort: 
Thank you Lllama, here more context:  #893294
von screena (UN), 2018-06-30, 00:39  like dislike  Spam?  
Before „However,...“ I highlight the useful outcome of the paper(s) I comment on. But not to supportautomatically false issues with my positive comment, I shortly have to clarify them.

???However, not to lead astray???: X and Y's presentation of their Kantian sources prompts a word of warning. It is the imagination, which enters into a harmonious interplay with the understanding. To ascribe the free play to “the faculties of sensation and understanding (...)” is mistaken. Sensations are what the faculty of sensibility – a receptive opposed to a spontaneous faculty – receives from the object.spontaneous faculty – receives from the object. ...
Thanks indeed for saving me.
Antwort: 
My own new trial  #893319
von screena (UN), 2018-06-30, 10:40  like dislike  Spam?  
Hi again,
 new trial – due to your advise:

Besides the valuable overall outcome, X and Y's presentation of their Kantian sources prompts a word of warning.

Is this ok? Does the comma work, or would a colon be better?

Thanks for saving me,
Screena
Antwort: 
The sentence in your 10.40 post is better - definitely with a comma, not a colon.  #893329
von Lllama (GB/AT), 2018-06-30, 14:33  like dislike  Spam?  
A couple of other comments:
try or attempt, not trial;
advise - verb; advice - noun

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung