Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   SK   HU   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   NL   PL   SQ   IS   RU   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Sind Einträge der folgenden Art sinnvoll? »
« sind diese Sätze grammatikalisch richtig?    

English-German Translation of
Werbescores

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Werbescores  
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-03, 15:21  like dislike  Spam?  
The text below isn't my text, but my text is just a list of types of data, so I hope the example I've given below is the relevant meaning. Does this mean "advertising scores", "recruitment scores" or something else?
Audience Distribution ist ein datengetriebener Ansatz, der es erlaubt CRM-Daten und individuelle Werbescores mit Informationen zur individuellen Online-Nutzung zu verschmelzen. Wir kooperieren mit großen Online-Diensten und bekommen Informationen zum Nutzer (z.B. Alter, Geschlecht, Email). Diese Informationen reichern wir mit Offline-Daten, wie z.B. Markenpräferenzen oder Einstellungsmerkmalen, weiter an.
Antwort: 
"Werbescores" are "Profile zur werblichen Ansprache" (whatever this means) in modern marketing lingo.  #896402
von parker11 (DE), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 15:33  like dislike  Spam?  
Maybe this one helps a bit:
https://www.heise.de/ix/meldung/EU-Datenschutz-Grundverordnung-Kurz...

EDIT: Ah, I just noticed, it's DE--->EN. Sorry, no idea.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 15:54  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, Parker. I'm currently thinking it's probably "advertising scores" and that it possibly in some way relates to this: Wikipedia(EN): NRS_social_grade
If anyone has any more information I'd love to hear it, as there are a lot of translations about data protection about at the moment, so I probably won't be the only one to need to translate it and this might also not be the last time I need to translate it.
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 17:46  like dislike  Spam?  
Because the context is data protection, my guess is the overarching term 'consumer scores.'  At the link, a critical assessment of consumer scoring in the U.S. If you look at  'PART III. THE CONSUMER SCORES' in the index (page 3), you'll see a mind-boggling number of different types of such scores.

It's possible that 'consumer scores' is an exclusive U.S. term. Nevertheless, it might lead you to the answer of your question. Note that 'score' generally means a single number assigned to an individual, like the traditional credit score.

There are so-called 'marketing scores.' But these rate a company's advertising effectiveness, not a consumers willingness, ability and inclination to purchase specific goods and services.

https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/public_comments/2014/08/...
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-03, 17:06  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, Michael. It might be. I just don't know what "Profile zur werblichen Ansprache" means! I'll ask the client and see if they can shed any light.
Antwort: 
To me "Profile zur werblichen Ansprache" means:  #896413
von parker11 (DE), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 17:17  like dislike  Spam?  
age, interests, gender, place of residence of a person (plus whatever Daten they could collect of this poor guy) in order to place and deliver advertisement of certain products etc. to this person.

But what do I know what marketing gurus mean ;-)
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 17:44  like dislike  Spam?  
Profile zur werblichen Ansprache could fit the term 'consumer scores.' See parker's 17:17 comment.

A personal example: I'm 75 years old and am now getting nicely-worded letters from funeral homes. My death expectancy score must be sky-high.
Antwort: 
As I see it...  #896416
von dhk (DE), 2018-09-03, 17:32  like dislike  Spam?  
these scores can be used to gauge any criterion, like political inclinations or beliefs as well as, psychometric variables (e.g. extraversion vs. introversion, self-confidence etc.) based on your target group definition.
However, if the goal is to sell any goods or services, scores regarding the socioeconomic status is one that invariably will be part of the mix.
But of course, if you want to sell, say, toys then either age or the probility that you have kids would be of equal importance.
Antwort: 
Eine der einfachsten Erklärungen dürfte Amazon liefern:  #896417
von parker11 (DE), Last modified: 2018-09-03, 17:44  like dislike  Spam?  
Wenn ich bei Amazon ein Buch von Grisham gekauft habe oder auch nur nach Grisham gesucht habe, erhalte ich ab sofort regelmäßig Grisham-Infos über seine Neu-Veröffentlichungen und denen ähnlicher Autoren.

Das ist natürlich ein sehr primitives Beispiel. Die komplexeren Profile werden viel raffinierter zusammengestellt.
Chat:     
Eine Vorstellung...  #896418
von dhk (DE), 2018-09-03, 17:52  like dislike  Spam?  
...der komplexeren Profile gibt etwa diese Seite mit Fallstudien: https://www.tru-signal.com/case-studies/
Die Termini "lookalike" und "act-alike", die diese Firma verwendet, illustrieren recht gut, dass hier sehr differenzierte Metriken verwendet werden, die über bloßes sozioökonomisches Profiling weit hinaus gehen.
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), 2018-09-03, 18:32  like dislike  Spam?  
4;dhk: Holy crap, 'converts' and 'conversions'? Sounds like some deranged leader of a religious cult figuring out who to rope into his flock next. Sachen gibt's,.....
Chat:     
Agree...  #896426
von dhk (DE), 2018-09-03, 19:07  like dislike  Spam?  
...marketing lingo is arguably among the worst ways to abuse a language.
In the German language it's even worse, as you'll find an inpalatable mix of (typically bad) German and English expressions.
To use Windfall's example:
- Audience Distribution ermöglicht es Ihnen, Online-Werbung so hausgenau wie Offline-Kampagnen zu planen. Dafür verknüpfen wir datenschutzkonform digitale Touchpoints mit bestehenden Offline-Daten.
- Sie erhöhen die Click-Through-Rate (CTR) bei affinen Neukunden und steigern die Performance Ihrer Kampagnen spürbar im Vergleich zum herkömmlichen Targeting.
- Weil Sie Ihr Cross-Channel-Marketing überschneidungsfrei aussteuern.

Creepy.
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), 2018-09-03, 20:15  like dislike  Spam?  
Erbärmlich, dhk.
Antwort: 
Thanks, everyone!  #896451
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-04, 09:42  like dislike  Spam?  
I think I'm going to go with "advertising scores" because based on the definition of "consumer score" I cited above (https://www.bisnodegroup.com/about-bisnode/what-we-do/our-approach-...  "Bisnode's Consumer Score is a model for assessing the creditworthiness of private consumers using historical data to predict future events. We assess the risk of an individual being reported to the authorities for non-payment of debt."), consumer score can be interpreted to have too much focus on creditworthiness and not enough on advertising.
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-04, 11:28  like dislike  Spam?  
Windfall, consider that Bisnode only deals with credit. So naturally, their consumer score is about credit. But to therefore conclude that the term 'consumer score' generally focuses on creditworthiness is, in my view, not entirely logical.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-04, 11:31  like dislike  Spam?  
4;Michael, I see your point and have understood that you consider "consumer scores" a good translation option. However, based on the link I provided I have in fact concluded that this is a possible interpretation of the term and that to write "consumer scores" in a list of data types may lead to false assumptions (especially if the text is for a financial institution).
Antwort: 
Consumer score  #896461
von dhk (DE), 2018-09-04, 11:45  like dislike  Spam?  
The downside of "consumer score" is that it kind of excludes the not entirely uncommon cases of "business-to-business" marketing (marketing lingo: B2B marketing). While you still target individuals, you would do so on the basis of scores of the institution/company they represent. These wouldn't appropriately covered by "consumer score"
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-04, 11:56  like dislike  Spam?  
Well yes Windfall, I tend to forget that you often post surrogate texts. My fault, since at the very beginning, you clearly stated that the text is not your text. For me, it's always difficult to make judgments not having the actual text. Scary stuff, all this corporate snooping, ain't it?

4;dhk: Good comment--didn't think of business-to-business.
Chat:     
Corporate snooping  #896463
von dhk (DE), 2018-09-04, 12:05  like dislike  Spam?  
Scary, indeed.
But then again, the other day I needed to find an individual in the US based solely on its and its family members' names. I found a website that gives you a lengthy report of data including economic status, criminal offenses and whether this person lives near a sex offender (names and pictures of the offender given as a courtesy).
Having re-read 1984 recently I felt like "This Orwell guy had NO IDEA...!"
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), Last modified: 2018-09-04, 12:53  like dislike  Spam?  
I get a junk email every so often letting me know that the sex offender xxxx is renting or has bought a house my neighborhood. Of course, the emailer wants money for more details and a subscription to his service. You're right, Orwell either restrained himself or was incapable of imagining today's lunacies.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-04, 12:53  like dislike  Spam?  
4;Michael, sorry about that. I'm so bound by non-disclosure agreements (for entirely understandable reasons) that I can usually only post something similar to my text and not the text itself.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-09-04, 12:54  like dislike  Spam?  
4;dhk, thank you, that helps
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), 2018-09-04, 12:54  like dislike  Spam?  
Windfall, I understand completely.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung