Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   NL   HU   SK   LA   FI   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   RU   IS   ES   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 Spezialität »
« Undelete: 'böser Clown' 'scary clown' als Begriff    

English-German Translation Forum

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Undelete: personalisierbare Daten - data that can be personalized  
von romy (CZ/GB), 2018-10-03, 15:22  like dislike  Spam?  
https://contribute.dict.cc/?action=undelete&id=1377530
Dieser Eintrag ist insbesondere zur Abgrenzung gegenüber "personenbezogene Daten" und "persönliche Daten" wichtig und sinnvoll, auch wenn polarjud ihn für "not useful" hält und aphoenix sich darüber lustig macht, dass "ich offenbar nicht weiß, dass man alle Daten verändern kann". Keiner der Löscher hat eine bessere Übersetzung für "personalisierbare Daten" angeboten oder in irgendeiner Weise belegt, dass der Eintrag falsch ist. Zudem wurde ein neuer Verifizierer, Narenhofer, durch die radikalen und unbegründeten Löschungen ALLER 57 Beiträge, für die er in seinen ersten Wochen gestimmt hat, verschreckt und hat sich seither nie wieder eingeloggt. Sofern ihr keine Verbesserungsvorschläge habt, bitte verifizieren!
Chat:     
Nachtrag: Durch unqualifizierte Löschungen verlorene dict-Beitragende  #897990
von romy (CZ/GB), 2018-10-03, 15:26  like dislike  Spam?  
Seht euch bitte mal das Profil des Herrn Maier an: http://users.dict.cc/Narenhofer/
Ein Jammer, dass er nicht mehr an einer Mitarbeiter interessiert ist. Ich frage mich, wie viele hochqualifizierte und erfahrene Sprachmittler wir durch die gewissenlosen Löschaktionen von zwei oder drei Nichtlinguisten in den letzten Jahren verloren haben.
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-10-03, 15:49  like dislike  Spam?  
Romy, the link you gave is the one for undeleting the entry. If I click on it, I simply get the message "No rights to undelete!" I can't find the entry.
That is a real shame about Narenhofer. It looks like he would have been a real asset to the dict.
Antwort: 
Personalizable, personalisable data  #897996
von callixte (US), Last modified: 2018-10-03, 16:01  like dislike  Spam?  
For example:

https://books.google.com/books?id=du0wDsIFoRAC&pg=PA137&lpg...

Or, customizable data.  Henk J. Scholten, Rob Velde, Niels van Manen · 2009 · Science
Data from private companies is usually excellent, providing accurate and extensive customisable data for end users.

The prior entry was a suitable definition and well within the guidelines imo.
Antwort: 
The correct link is below  #897998
von romy (CZ/GB), Last modified: 2018-10-03, 16:09  like dislike  Spam?  
https://contribute.dict.cc/?action=edit&id=1377530

Thanks, callixte, I have added "personalisable" as well right now! If you like you can add the US version. However, I believe that "personalisable" and "customisable" is not a 100% exact match. Customising can relate to adjustments to companies, usage needs, colours, etc., not only to specific individuals.
Chat:     
von callixte (US), Last modified: 2018-10-03, 17:34  like dislike  Spam?  
Ok Romy, just one word pair. This is not my field, and my offer of "customizable" demonstrates why I shy away from entering or deleting entries outside my comfort zone. I believe dict.cc would be well served if others did the same. Otherwise we are left to wonder: is data capable of being personalized everywhere in in the English-speaking world, but not in the midwestern region of the United States?

Or is iit simply a case of midwesterners having a unique way of expressing themselves, and use words they are reluctant to share with others?
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), Last modified: 2018-10-03, 16:38  like dislike  Spam?  
4;Romy, I don't think "that can be personalised" adds anything as a disambiguation here. "That can be personalised" is how I understand the meaning of "personalisable"
http://www.yourdictionary.com/personalizable

I don't mean to be difficult here, but having looked at a few examples of "personalisierbare Daten", I wonder if this is actually a false friend - or needs a different disambigation. For instance, I agree with you that they don't mean "customisable" in the sense of you can choose your own wallpaper etc. But I'm not sure "that can be personalised" makes that clear.
In the sense used below it does seem to be customisable in the sense that it means personal details can be added:
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ctZL-a5nzcAC&pg=PA228&l...
Diese Vorlage enthält dann Platzhalter für personalisierbare Daten, wie zum Beispiel Vorname und Hobbies.

Here, on the other hand, it seems to mean something along the lines of "personally identifiable data" or possibly "data that can be used to identify you personally" or maybe "de-anonymised data"
http://www.schriftvergleichung.com/datenschutz.html
Diese enthalten personalisierbare IP-Adressen. Durch die Website schriftvergleichung.com werden außer diesen keinerlei personalisierte oder personalisierbare Daten erhoben, generiert oder weitergeleitet.
https://www.meinpflegedienst.com/datenschutzerklaerung/
Bei Ihrem Besuch auf unseren Internetseite, zeichnet unser Webserver nicht Ihre vollständige IP-Adresse und Domainnamen des verwendeten Computer. Der Server ist so eingerichtet, dass die Daten anonymisiert aufgezeichnet werden. Es können daher keinerlei personalisierbare Daten auf unserem Server entstehen.

Is this definitely "data that can be personalised"/"personalisable data" rather than something more like "data that can be linked to an individual"?

Btw, because it's an "s" spelling it needs a [Br.] tag. It's us Brits who can spell it either way (so "z" spellings don't need tagging as [Am.]). The Americans only get to use the "z" spelling.
Antwort: 
Bei Undelete / Reopen muß der Wortlaut beibehalten werden   #898006
von Wenz (DE), 2018-10-03, 16:59  like dislike  Spam?  
Original:
data that can be personalized

Dies wurde mal festgelegt und hat sich als gut erwiesen. Wir hatten sehr viele Irritationen (wenn man es mal so ausdrücken will):
siehe GL unter
Don't use reopen or undelete to create a different translation pair. #718585

https://contribute.dict.cc/?action=show-history&id=1377530
Antwort: 
personalisable = personalisierbar  #898007
von romy (CZ/GB), 2018-10-03, 17:03  like dislike  Spam?  
Windfall, the two last links in your above message are not good as references; the texts were either badly translated or written by someone who did not know the right terms. In both cases the correct German terms in connection with privacy guidelines would have been "personenbezogen" or "Daten, die sich auf eine identifizierte oder identifizierbare Person beziehen" (typical GDPR language). So don't let them confuse you. "Personalisierbar" means "adjustable/customisable to a specific individual, by adding personal details to it".

I'm aware about the British "s" versus American "z" and have already fixed this.
Antwort: 
von romy (CZ/GB), 2018-10-03, 17:04  like dislike  Spam?  
Wenz, I did not know that. Okay, then we could split the entry or add the above pair with "personalisable" as a new, additional entry.
Antwort: 
Romy, kannst Du das UNDELETE zurücknehmen?  #898009
von Wenz (DE), 2018-10-03, 17:08  like dislike  Spam?  
Wenn nicht, mußt warten, was geschieht und dann entsprechend "nachvoten".
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-10-03, 17:11  like dislike  Spam?  
4;Romy, what I'm trying to say is your disambiguation doesn't work in English because you haven't expressed a second meaning and I'm currently not sure what you're trying to express with it because I'm not entirely certain how "personaliserbare Daten" is used in German, but it sounds like disambiguation might be important here.
Do you have an example of correct usage?
It's useful to know that some German speakers are incorrectly using "peronalisierbare Daten" just to mean "personal  data" and that this is not a separate category of data. Thanks.
Antwort: 
Meaning  #898011
von romy (CZ/GB), 2018-10-03, 17:24  like dislike  Spam?  
Wenz, I tried, but it does not work. When you open up the pair you will see that I voted for the original pair, so once it is verified it will hopefully appear that way in the listing.
Windfall, we are not talking about IT/computer data here, but about personal details. Imagine a default text with placeholders such ass "Herr/Frau XY, geboren am TT.MM.YYYY in ABC." You can personalise this text by replacing the XY, TT.MM.YYYY and ABC with your personal name, date and place of birth. This way the text is "personalisable". Of course this text can be part of a form on a website, therefore the term "data" can be used instead of "details" or "information" or "personal particulars". All clear?
Antwort: 
von Windfall (GB), 2018-10-03, 17:37  like dislike  Spam?  
Thanks, Romy. I know the data you mean, but I'm not sure if we say either "data that can be personalised" or "personalisable data" for that. Sorry, I know this is irritating when you've voted already and people are still trying to check sources. I'm afraid this isn't an area where the language is familiar to me. I initially thought it would be a GDPR thing, but it appears not to be.
In case it helps (and I'm not sure it does), I found this:
http://workspace.unpan.org/sites/Internet/Documents/OGDCE%20Toolkit...
Establish clear policy on what data to exclude from publication, e.g. personal data and data that can be personalized as well as classified data where disclosure might endanger national security.
This looks like it may relate to what I was talking about above (data that can be linked to an individual), but the source isn't clear.
Antwort: 
Translation fine: personalisierbare Daten - data that can be personalized  #898023
von Zuchi1, 2018-10-03, 18:35  like dislike  Spam?  62.216.202....
I do have subject matter knowledge of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) / Datenschutz-Grundverordnung, and I comment from that perspective.  I do not want to weigh in on the deletion process.

I think this translation is fine: personalisierbare Daten - data that can be personalized.

The phrase „personalisierbare Daten“ is not a term in GDPR itself.  But as GDPR requires the collection of personal data to be minimized, and where feasible anonymized or pseudonymized,
I can imagine situations where one set of data which on its own is not personal data be converted into personal data by additional information.   That is, when combined individuals can be identified from that data set.

America - There is proposal that Canada follows GDPR, and this next sentence I quote a law firm „California has recently announced a GDPR style law, The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.“  

Personalizable / personalisable data is OK.   But if intended to mean adapting certain data for targeted individuals such as in marketing, or design it specifically for an idividual, then “personalized /  personalised data“ is more apt.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung