Alle Sprachen    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   RO   FR   IT   PT   SK   NL   HU   FI   LA   ES   BG   HR   NO   CS   DA   TR   PL   EO   SR   EL   |   SK   FR   HU   PL   NL   SQ   ES   IS   RU   SV   NO   FI   IT   CS   DA   PT   HR   BG   RO   |   more ...

Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch

Online-Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch: Begriff hier eingeben!
  äöüß...
  Optionen | Tipps | FAQ | Abkürzungen

LoginRegistrieren
Home|About/Extras|Vokabeltrainer|Fachgebiete|Benutzer|Forum|Mitmachen!
Übersetzungsforum Deutsch-Englisch
 verweisen (here) »
« Gibt es wirklich countersunk fillets?    

English-German Translation of
Dict cc and Proteus

« zurück | Antworten aus- oder einblenden | Diskussion beobachten
Frage:
Dict.cc and Proteus  
von timfefe (AU/AT), Last modified: 2020-08-08, 16:25  like dislike  Spam?  
Paul,

Could you please clarify whether Proteus has a special status within the dict.cc organisation, one which may be different from that of an ordinary forum participant.

For example: Is Proteus employed by dict.cc? A consultant to dict.cc? Under contract or sub-contract to dict.cc? An investor in or a shareholder of dict.cc? Otherwise a beneficiary from financial gains made by dict.cc?
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), 2020-08-08, 21:02  like +3 dislike  Spam?  
If you're in AT and anywhere near Vienna, why not ask Proteus himself? He's a regular at the Golden Harp Irish Pub Landstraße (there are other Golden Harp pubs in Vienna, make sure it's the Landstraße one). Comes in every Wednesday at 6 pm, orders a glass of water (no alcohol, ever) and surfs the net. As you probably know, Proteus is a shape shifter, so I can't give you a physical description. Just look for the 6 pm on-the-dot entrance, the water and the laptop. Don't get him angry--he'll leave the pub, jump into the Donaukanal and play with his flock of dolphins or seals.

Seriously, why bother to ask these questions about another forum member? The forum is structured to allow any degree of privacy. If someone chooses to not reveal anything about him- or herself, so be it.
Antwort: 
von MarkusMunich (DE), Last modified: 2020-08-08, 22:15  like dislike  Spam?  
Great evening entertainment, MichaelK. :-)  Thank you!
Chat:     
von timfefe (AU/AT), Last modified: 2020-08-08, 22:55  like dislike  Spam?  
I respect every forum participant’s right to privacy, and would never ask someone here where they work (as I’ve never done in the past). However, I think I have the right to know if another forum participant, particularly a very active one, is associated with dict.cc in some capacity (employee, shareholder, etc.), beyond that of just being an ordinary participant. If I entered into a discussion on a Malwarebytes forum, for example, I think I’d have the right to know if another forum participant were associated with the company Malwarebytes. And indeed, in other forums (fora??), people associated with the company identify themselves as such. Paul, care to comment?

BTW, regarding the entertainment – I join MarkusMunich’s view.
Chat:     
von MichaelK (US), 2020-08-08, 23:48  like +1 dislike  Spam?  
Well, I can't imagine how a real-life association or the lack of such would make a difference here. Sure, there are forums where it's helpful to know what a member does for a living. I'm active in an astronomy forum in which people ask for advice on optical equipment. So vendors of astronomy gear are identified as vendors on every post they make. But that's because there's the possibility of a conflict of interest. I don't see that possibility here. That's all I want to say on this.
Chat:     
von timfefe (AU/AT), 2020-08-09, 00:56  like dislike  Spam?  
When a person has a financial interest in the well-being of a company, as an employee, shareholder or whatever, this financial interest can “colour” this person’s posts in the company’s forums (and usually does). It would be fair for other forum participants to be aware of that. Honest organisations practise transparency in such matters.

What Proteus does for a living is none of my business, but if a financial interest has the potential to influence Proteus’ posts, this, in my opinion, ought to be disclosed. Paul can post something to that effect in very general terms, e.g. “Proteus does (or does not) have a financial interest in the well-being of dict.cc”, or “Proteus does (or does not) have a financial relationship with dict.cc”.
Chat:     
von AliHeret (DE), Last modified: 2020-08-09, 07:10  like dislike  Spam?  
Was mich am meisten wundert, ist, dass ein hochdruckiger Vielschreiber wie Proteus gar keinen acount hat. Aber Sasso' hat ja auch keinen. :-)
So wichtig timfefes Frage ist, es wäre auch wichtig zu erfahren, warum timfefe im konkreten Fall das fragt. Gibt es denn einen Anlass?
Antwort: 
von Paul (AT), 2020-08-09, 08:14  like dislike  Spam?  
Proteus does not have any kind of special status within the dict.cc organisation. There is no forum user with any kind of financial relationship with dict.cc and there is no investor in or shareholder of dict.cc except myself.
Antwort: 
von AliHeret (DE), 2020-08-09, 08:20  like dislike  Spam?  
Danke für die vielleicht mal notwendige Klarstellung. Umso wichtiger wird es nun zu erfahren, welchen Anlass timfefe hatte, dies als Möglichkeit in Betracht zu ziehen.
Antwort: 
Frage an tim-:  #920981
von parker11 (DE), Last modified: 2020-08-09, 11:25  like dislike  Spam?  
Würden denn Proteus' Antworten und Beiträge anders ausfallen, wenn er (bezahlter) Mitarbeiter und/oder Shareholder und/oder Investor wäre?

Er beantwortet doch meist nur sprachbezogene sachliche Fragen auf sachliche Art und Weise.
Chat:     
von timfefe (AU/AT), 2020-08-09, 16:19  like dislike  Spam?  
4;AliHeret
Als Auslöser meiner Frage gab es keinen konkreten Anlass. In den letzten 2 bis 3 Jahren ist es mir eingefallen, dass Proteus möglicherweise für dict.cc arbeitet oder anderweitig mit dict.cc eine finanzielle Beziehung hat. Dazu hat auch die Haltungsveränderung seitens einiger langjähriger Forumusers Proteus gegenüber ein bissl beigetragen.

4;Paul
Thank you.

4;parker11
Betreffend Proteus behauptest Du: „Er beantwortet doch meist nur sprachbezogene sachliche Fragen auf sachliche Art und Weise“. Na ja, ich lasse das durchgehen. Siehe auch den obigen ersten Absatz.

Optional: Login | Registrieren 
  Frage beantworten oder Kommentar hinzufügen
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
nach oben | home© 2002 - 2020 Paul Hemetsberger | Impressum / Datenschutz
Dieses Deutsch-Englisch-Wörterbuch basiert auf der Idee der freien Weitergabe von Wissen. Mehr dazu
Enthält Übersetzungen von der TU Chemnitz sowie aus Mr Honey's Business Dictionary (Englisch/Deutsch). Vielen Dank dafür!
Links auf dieses Wörterbuch oder einzelne Übersetzungen sind herzlich willkommen! Fragen und Antworten
Werbung